What's causing all the Stannis love?

Ponys123

My feelings on the character improved significantly when he came to the rescue of the Night's Watch. He's still the dude who magically assassinated his brother, led thousands to their (unnecessary) deaths, and was willing to burn an innocent child to advance his cause, and I seriously doubt he'll make it out of the series alive, but it's hard not to respect the guy.

Edit: @ E-Ro.

Just you ignore those nasty teases ( Winter's Knight and Co, for Shame!).

We know Stannis Rocks. :)

Good advice rapsie. I will try to ignore all these haters!( although ignoring WK might prove really difficult)

Stannis isn't a particularly nice guy, but he is one of the most capable political leaders operating in Westeros today. His lack of charisma and a couple of missed opportunities have hurt him, but he's still far and away the best candidate for the Iron Throne, especially with circumstances as they are in the kingdoms.

Of the main candidates, he's the only one with any real military experience (including command), and he's easily the most mature of the bunch. He also has the advantage of being the only monarch to have genuinely responded to the problems of the realm in a manner befitting a man or woman who would claim its throne. He's shown himself capable of carrying out justice in a fair, if strict, manner, and he has demonstrated a willingness to examine himself and his motives while being open to good counsel. There really isn't another comparable claimant in the books.

Like button please

And also, he have my symphaty more to the fact that, most of the people inside the book, and even the lovers of the show dont even recoqgnize him. I know many Show fans, and all of them are a bunch of Tyrion, Dany, Jon, and even Jaimee, and though I like these characters as well,especially Jon, I believe, Stannis has one of the most colourful experience in Asoiaf. he deserves a lot, but didnt ask for more except for what is his rights and duties.

he may not smile a lot, but darn who needs smiling in Westeros? Winter is coming!

Because:

He’s hard as nails

He’s bald on top

He grinds his teeth

He sips lemon water

He is HILARIOUS

He nodded from the window after Jon beheaded shithead Slynt

He has the most unpleasant wife ever

He’s an equitable dude.

-Stannis is the funniest character in the series.

-Stannis is the master of the Bromance. Davos, Jon, everyone loves the Mannis.

-Stannis is statistically less likely to give up than a terminator.

-Stannis is the claimant who enters the war of 5 kings with the least, folks like an underdog.

-Stannis is a survivor, as the only one of the 5 kings still breathing.

-Stannis saved the wall.

-Stannis is the only claimant who rewards merit, rather than noble birth.

-Stannis is one of the best generals in the series, land or sea.

-Stannis believes in justice.

-Stannis is the rightful king whether one follows Targ succession or Baratheon.

-Stannis has a bitching magic sword, that he thinks is stupid.

-Stannis is the only claimant who believes in the Others.

-Stannis had proudwing.

-Stannis got gypped by his douchebag drunken elder brother at every turn, and still was loyal to him.

-Stannis leads a motley crew of smugglers, religious maniacs, and hardcore mountain-men.

-Stannis has a hot, crazy, witch

-Stannis doesn't dig incest

-Stannis doesn't loaf about mooning over dudes with blue hair.

-Stannis doesn't go on monotonous road trips getting drunk and whinging about hookers.

-Stannis is Azor Ahai.

-Stannis will avenge The Ned.

My feelings on the character improved significantly when he came to the rescue of the Night's Watch. He's still the dude who magically assassinated his brother, led thousands to their (unnecessary) deaths, and was willing to burn an innocent child to advance his cause, and I seriously doubt he'll make it out of the series alive, but it's hard not to respect the guy.

:agree:

I'm not a Stannis-lover, but I began to like him more after this and when he made Davos his Hand. What I know about myself is that I am definitely a Davos-lover, so you kind of have to like Stannis a little bit, if you love Davos.

Stannis isn't a particularly nice guy, but he is one of the most capable political leaders operating in Westeros today. His lack of charisma and a couple of missed opportunities have hurt him, but he's still far and away the best candidate for the Iron Throne, especially with circumstances as they are in the kingdoms.

Of the main candidates, he's the only one with any real military experience (including command), and he's easily the most mature of the bunch. He also has the advantage of being the only monarch to have genuinely responded to the problems of the realm in a manner befitting a man or woman who would claim its throne. He's shown himself capable of carrying out justice in a fair, if strict, manner, and he has demonstrated a willingness to examine himself and his motives while being open to good counsel. There really isn't another comparable claimant in the books.

Many good points here. Its good to note that he "isn't a particularly nice guy". He isnt particularly likeable even. He´s middle-aged, balding, teeth-grinding, un-humorous, bitter about what was his and what should have been his. I´m 2 to 1 in, if we can look into GRRMs mind, that he wasnt written as a likeable guy. That so many here are still for him all the way, gives me hope for human kind.

This. If Stannis were to have background music it would be something like this;

I prefer this

And the reason why he's gotten so many new fans is his stellar performance in the episode Blackwater where after he watches half his fleet burn and his best friend die, he just shrugs and personally leads the attack on King's Landing. He will break before he bends.

The Blackwater episode of the series helped a lot in increasing the number of Stannis fans, at least in my impression. The cult of "badassery" is to blame...

We've been stanning since before that.

Archived