What is Your Most Crackpot Theory v.4

My most crackpot theory is that all the characters are unreliable narrators who in fact are absolutely batfeces crazy and living in modern day suburbia, with their actual lives being much different to their imagined ones, ie. Dany is a teen mum whose "dragons" are in fact uncontrollable toddlers.

I think the Valonqar will be a member of the Faith sent by the High Sparrow to kill Cersei. People take the word "brother" too literally for something as symbolic as prophecy. Another type of brother is a member of a religious order. The High Sparrow has Osney's confession that the old High Septon was killed on Cersei's orders and no way is that guy at the head of Westeros' Spanish Inquisition going to let such an enormous crime against the Faith stand.

Tying into that, I think that Sandor Clegane is the gravedigger at the septry which Brienne visited (not crackpot - I think this pretty indisputable). That makes him one of the newest, or littlest, members of this order of contemplative brothers. And I think once the High Sparrow learns he has a man of he Hound's skills working for him, the Sparrow will put the Hound to use.

This may have come up before but it's always appealed to me for the merit of the "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things" being more than they appear...

SweetRobin is one of Varys' little birds. We know Varys employs children and knows the worth of their information, as a member of the small council with Jon Arryn as Hand he would have interacted with Robert on a few occasions maybe more, he also knows his way around the Tower of the Hand fairly well enough to get in and out unseen. It would be in his interest to have an ace up his sleeve with an heir to The Vale. It also would have allowed him to keep tabs on his nemesis Littlefinger who really wasn't so covert with his associations with Lysa. It would also be pretty devastating to Littlefinger's plans if Varys gets the drop on Sansa and his plans for her. It could lead to a potential means for Sansa to desert Littlefinger and possibly offer an entrance into the Aegon story arc if Varys thinks she's a suitable match. And SweetRobin and Sansa taking out Littlefinger would be a great end for him, the two people he thought he had most under his thumb proving to be his end. I don't think SweetRobin will last long after that though sadly. I think he's hanging on for something, and maybe that's it.

Not sure if this has been said but...

I think the maesters and the Citadel are responsible for the greyscale plague and the downfall of the dragons. They created the greyscale to kill off all of the Targaryen dragons because they are trying to make a world of science, with no magic, etc. The massive greyscale plague in Oldtown was an accident of the maesters not being careful enough. They definitely have a hidden agenda. Maybe that was why Aemon (the previous maester at the Wall) wanted to go to Dany. The Citadel brainwashed him of his family's love of dragons and he needed to get to her to kill them with the greyscale.

My most crackpot theory is that all the characters are unreliable narrators who in fact are absolutely batfeces crazy and living in modern day suburbia, with their actual lives being much different to their imagined ones, ie. Dany is a teen mum whose "dragons" are in fact uncontrollable toddlers.

So you are proposing, Dany is a 14 year old teen mom, who had a psychotic breakdown, imagined she had a miscarriage+3 dragons and instead she just had triplets?

I like it!

For pure wish fulfillment: Sansa takes her "father's" lessons to heart, takes over the Vale, and forces Littlefinger to flee to his seat at Harrenhal. Just as he's settling in, the dragons make it back to Westeros and one of them fries his ass. The Harrenhal curse is fulfilled.

Special crackpot layer: Jon is alive and has learned 1) how Littlefinger betrayed Ned at King's Landing, 2) what a creeper that guy is toward Sansa, and 3) warged into a dragon specifically to kill Littlefinger for both.

Ashara Dayne is buried in Lyanna Stark's tomb at Winterfell and is the thing that shouldn't be in the crypts of Winterfell. Lyanna is alive and living as Jyana Reed in the Neck. No one knows she's alive because no one can ever find Greywater Watch. Jon is Ned's bastard by Ashara Dayne not R+L=J.

I ll buy it if you can find a good reason to hide Lyanna forever :D

I ll buy it if you can find a good reason to hide Lyanna forever :D

Because she didn't want to marry Robert Barratheon which she would have had to if she had "lived".

We know Howland had a thing for her at the Tourney at Harrenhall. We also know that Lyanna saved Howland from the squires. Greywater Watch is pretty much the perfect hiding place. It makes more sense if Meera's story about the Tourney at Harrenhall is a story about how her parents met.

Because she didn't want to marry Robert Barratheon which she would have had to if she had "lived".

We know Howland had a thing for her at the Tourney at Harrenhall. We also know that Lyanna saved Howland from the squires. Greywater Watch is pretty much the perfect hiding place. It makes more sense if Meera's story about the Tourney at Harrenhall is a story about how her parents met.

Then now i wish Jyana is either Lyanna or Ashara, Howland Reed the greatest pimp ever.

My entire theory centres around the idea that "Jyana" is a stupid name and sounds way too much like Lyanna. LOL.

However, I do find it strange that Howland Reed hasn't left the Neck in years for no apparent reason. He's supposed to be this good friend to Ned but he never leaves home. Ned doesn't stop in on his way south. Robb doesn't stop there either. He sends his kids to the harvest feast in his stead. Meera doesn't talk about her father fighting in Balon's Rebellion. Before the Tower of Joy, he went to the Tourney at Harrenhall and was presumably part of Ned's army during Robert's Rebellion all the way to the Tower of Joy. Why the sudden reclusiveness?

Also, when Meera and Jojen first appear in ACOK Ser Rodrik adds "it would seem" after saying that Meera and Jojen are Howland Reed's kids. Which indicates that a) Ser Rodrik had no idea that Howland Reed has kids or b. that he isn't 100% sure these are his kids. Maybe because they don't really look like him. Either way, it's weird. We know Greywater Watch is cut off (no ravens etc) but presumably Winterfell would know who Howland Reed's heirs are.

Also strange from that scene, Meera is announced as "Lady Meera of House Reed" and Jojen is announced only as "her brother, Jojen, of Greywater Watch." Now that could just be GRRM explaining that the Reeds are lords of Greywater Watch or it could be Meera intentionally giving different instructions to the person announcing them because... they have different parentage. ie R+L=Meera Reed.

Yeah crackpot.

Not the most but crackpot enough: Ramsay did it again!! He took the Reek disguise again and escaped with Jeyne and took Theon's persona, since he knows Stannis is a cheating witchcraft user, he even thinks as if he was Theon in case the witch can read his mind, so all the info he gave was false and leading to a trap and will (or already has) killed Stannis...

:drunk:

Archived