Really wrong guesses and predictions

valueofnothing

So obviously a lot of guesses and predictions are made on this thread and a lot of them must be wrong. I want to ask what predictions or guesses people made after the early books that turned out to be wrong.

I predicted that in the deal that Cat made with Walder Frey the part that would not get kept was Arya agreeing to marry a Frey. I thought Frey would be re-united with her family and would then refuse to marry potentially threatening a war between the Stark/Tullys and the Freys.

I was convinced during his entire chapter that Barristan Selmy was going to die.

Me too

I expected Joff to die, but not so early, I was convinced that we'd get to see Tywin's "sharp lesson", that Tywin would die first and that that would be the catalyst for Tyrion and Sansa both fleeing to the Rock because without Tywin to rein him in Joffrey would have been free to get all executiony and rapey

I expected Joff to have a much more violent death and I didn't expect to feel a smallest amount of pity for him, which I actually did. Clever man, that George.

I expected Dany to be in Westeros much sooner. But what George has created is much, much grander and amazing than I could have ever theorized before.

Befora ASoS I was convinced that Dany would return to Westeros, join her forces with Robb and defeat the Lannisters, but that went out the window

All this and I thought Dany and Robb would get married too. I remember waiting for Storm to come out, getting excited to see how they would meet up; I got the RW instead. :(

Over coffee with the friend who introduced me to the series, the conversation went:

Friend: So what do you think is going to happen?

Me: Well I think Ned will become king

Friend: -smirk- Really, why?

Me: Because he doesn't want to become king, but he would be good at it. Plus he's sat on the Iron Throne on the front cover.

-Friend tries very hard to conceal laughter-

Obviously, when I read the first book not even knowing how many there were, I thought that Dany would roll her forces into Westeros and end up Queen quite soon. Later, when 'Aegon' was revealed it really through me.

Oberyn did the classic movie thing of talking to the person you are about to kill. I was thinking JUST KILL HIM.

"Ha, you are trapped. I will explain to you in detail my plan and how I will kill you and..... no don't get up..... don't do that! I haven't explained my Plan!!!!!"

Archived