Really wrong guesses and predictions

valueofnothing

In the first book I thought Sansa was going to become a "bad/evil" (a la Cercei) character and would act against her family. That was because her Direwolf died and I thought it would be more realistic to have at least one of the five Stark kids (counting Jon - not counting Rickon who was way too young so I didn't considered him) would turn "bad". Among those five she seemed the best candiate, although Rickon might fill that spot now.

Yeah I thought the death of Lady would surely lead to Sansa being open to corruption. All in all I really thought the direwolves themselves would be more potent in magically protecting their Stark. The scene where they find exactly the right number/sex of wolf pups for the Stark kids plus the bastard just seemed so significant. But the RW showed that having a direwolf doesn't mean you're invincible. I know Grey Wind was out the room and all, but I really thought he would burst in and save Robb until Roose came along. And I thought Arya would hook up with Nymeria again after all that time in the same vicinity, and her having those wolf dreams too. Still, GRRM loves breaking literary conventions and this is just another one smashed...

I thought that Arya would somehow end up at the wall and reunite with Jon. (this was before Mel had the "vision")

I thought Jaime would man up and go rescue his sister.

I thought Dany would marry Daario (like Robb married Jeyne) and completely ruin any chances for a matrimonial alliance with someone useful.

"Arya is in Riverlands... Oh,great. She'll meet up with Nymeria"

:lmao:

Lol, I was waiting for that to happen all throughout Arya's ASoS chapters.

Also, I thought that:

1. Jon would take up Stannis' offer and become Lord of Winterfell, rally the North, fight alongside Stannis and all that.

2. Dany's rule in Meereen would go smoothly and she'd be making her way to Westeros before the end of ADwD.

Did anyone else think that Sansa would die because Lady was killed? Ned himself gets worried about it. Unless that's still to come, that's something I got wrong.

Archived