Arianne Martell - casting

gande51

Somehow i cant stop feeling that most of these woman just look to damn good. I always picture Arianne as a badass with tons of karisma, not necessarely a model.

No, go back a reread the Oakheart POV chapter. It is by far the most detailed and descript GRRM ever is on a woman and her sexual appeal in these books. GRRM himself has said he envisioned Appolonia when writing her, and she was a huge sex symbol in the 80's (in fact, it was really the only thing she had was her looks that gave her a career at all).

Not usre if maybe you are getting her confused with some of the Sandsnakes who, are more of the badass variety.

I think Princess Arianne was ugly in her youth but now is a stunner.

In Sunspear hung a portrait of the Princess Daenerys who had come to Dorne to marry one of Arianne’s forebears. In her younger days Arianne had spent hours gazing at it, back when she was just a pudgy flat-chested girl on the cusp of maidenhood who prayed every night for the gods to make her pretty. [x]

I have had a crush on Amanda Peet ever since I saw "Exposure" (btw the only movie with some realistic knife fighting scenes there is). I was shocked to find out she is married to David Benioff, of all men! Seriously, some people have all the luck!

I don't think she'd make a good Arianne though, she looks much too nordic for that.

Nazanin Boniadi would look great as Arianne

I hope they cast someone of Arab/Indian descent. If we go by the pic on GRRM's website, I guess that's how she is supposed to look.

And hope they don't cast an actress with a fake tan (Gemme Arterton in Prince of Persia).

Same for Oberyn Martell.

I really like many of those girls but I think that Arianne should be older than that: in books she is 23 and Dany 14....they should mantain this difference, also because there is a specific reason for her to be that "old" and not married.

Archived