Arianne Martell - casting

gande51

Well that doesn't really matter since all of Arianne's pov chapters up to this point have been in Dorne where "the sun burns their skin brown" so there's no point of getting an actress that doesn't have that type of brown skin now is there? Arianne definitely comes off as having darker skin.

That is a good point. You changed my mind about Pinto! But I still like Sarah Shahi as Arianne :)

Julia Voth

Eva Green

:thumbsup:

Eva Green is an awesome actress and she could pull off just about anyone in terms of pure acting, but looks wise she is not Arianne at all. You guys are starting to pick some white ass actresses lol and I'm sorry but this is Sunspear of Dorne we're talking about which is wear the salty brown skinned Dornishmen who's skin "is burned brown by the sun" come from, there is no way in hell the actress that is chosen to be Arianne will be a flat out caucasian like Eva Green let's be a little realistic.

Madds Mikkelsen as Euron

Ray Stevenson as Victarion

Robert Carlyle – Dumphair

James Purefoy - Oberyn

Ian MacShane – Mace Tyrrel

Kevin McKidd –Jon Conn

Eva Green – Arianne

Mélanie Laurent - Taene

Polly Walker (Attia from Rome) – Septa Lemore

Lindsay Duncan (Servilia from Rome) – Lady Dustin

Jamie Dornan (Arys Oakheart)

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (of OZ and CI Joe) – Moqorro

Joseph Morgan – (aka Klaus from vampire Diaries) - Darkstar

Madds Mikkelsen as Euron-Yes, but it won't happen because he's busy with his Hannibal show and it looks like it's gonna be huge.

Ray Stevenson as Victarion-Yes, I could also see him possibly playing Areo Hotah

Robert Carlyle – Dumphair-Yes, but again way too busy with his hit show Once upon a time on ABC

James Purefoy - Oberyn-Hell no he's way too white to play Oberyn, and he already passed on playing Mance Rayder so there's no way plus he's currently doing the following on fox.

Ian MacShane – Mace Tyrrel-No not fat enough, although I think he might be good for Doran Martell.

Kevin McKidd –Jon Conn-Perfect my ideal pick!

Eva Green – Arianne-Hell no, stop picking these white ass ppl to play the Dornishmen of sunspear it's not gonna happen! They're fine for Starfall but not for fuckin Sunspear!

Mélanie Laurent - Taene-

Polly Walker (Attia from Rome) – Septa Lemore- I'd be ok with this, although I think HBO can and will do better in terms of looks.

Lindsay Duncan (Servilia from Rome) – Lady Dustin-Yes

Jamie Dornan (Arys Oakheart)-Yes

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (of OZ and CI Joe) – Moqorro-sure

Joseph Morgan – (aka Klaus from vampire Diaries) - Darkstar-No No No fuckin way this is my biggest objection of all! I'm actually a VD fan(guilty pleasure lol) and have seen all the Klaus episodes including the medieval flashbacks and dude looks absolutely awful with long hair, there's no way in hell he is Darkstar! In fact I actually think Jamie Dornan would be a much better fit for Darkstar but no way in hell Joseph Morgan is even close to Darkstar!!

I put my comments in you're quote in bold format. The main thing is that there will not be any flat out caucasions playing the salty Dornishmen of Sunspear. GRRM has made it clear that he will make the Dornish characters specifically from Sunspear look much more ethnically exotic than the rest of the Westeros kingdoms, so don't count on any flat out caucasions to play the Dornishmen unless you're talking about outside of Sunspear like the Daynes of Starfall for instance.

Archived