Arianne Martell - casting

gande51

Nazanin Bonadi is actually perfect, great actress and looks the part. Though I'd like somebody more curvy to play Arianne. I really don't know why people are casting Frieda Pinto, she is a good actress, but I cannot see her pulling off Arianne's role.

I know what you mean, she is Canadian and also probably a bit too old by now but it was this picture that I remembered that made me think of her looking just as I would envisage Arianne.

http://images4.alpha.../161/161084.jpg

No, it is her being half chinese... I don't think it's a good look for Arianne, I envisioned Arianne being latina, middle eastern or northern african..

I surprises me that lots of people suggest a 30 something year old for Arianne.

She is only in her early twenties, and there is no reason for the show to age her up..

I think they should cast her as having the same age as Natalie Dormer's Margaery: few years older than Robb and Jon. Late twenties- early early thirties is ok.

edit: I'm surprised that people suggest late thirties actresses, or older though... Someone suggested Monica Bellucci!!! More suited to play Taena Merrywether, if she were white..

Archived