Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

Michelle Fairley will remain a recurring character/special guest star, but we are not going to see her all that much after Catelyn's death. She does appear two times in the books after her death, and I think they should stick to that. They could put her resurrection and Beric's final death in the last episode of season 3 (this might be a good way to end the whole noble Brotherhood Without Banners thing), but this would give away her return perhaps to early. Season 4 cannot add a lot of added material to the UnCat subplot. Not sure if the Merrett Frey Epilogue would profit from the audience knowing that Catelyn is already out there. On the other hand, Cat is resurrected three days after the Red Wedding. Thus such a scene could be placed in 'Mhysa'. They can also make the whole thing ambiguous by fading into black after Beric has died, but before Catelyn opens her eyes.

UnCat will start to make a major impact in TWoW, I think, but they should not waste her early on.

I don't necessarily agree with Uncat in S3, but either way Brienne's quest can be moved to S4 and we can meet Uncat there, meaning if her resurrection is in S3 we don't have to wait two seasons to see her again.

I don't necessarily agree with Uncat in S3, but either way Brienne's quest can be moved to S4 and we can meet Uncat there, meaning if her resurrection is in S3 we don't have to wait two seasons to see her again.

But then what would Brienne do for the next two seasons? She doesn't have any chapters after that, and is only seen briefly in one other chapter.

And of course, everybody would think she was dead...

But would not Cat's early resurrection promise something to the audience the show cannot keep?

That's my concern as well. The resurrection of Cat could cheapen the RW, happening right in the next episode (a whole year to think "is everyone who died going to retun, then?"). And it's also misleading. Because Catelyn is NOT returning. She's not back. It's just a dark shadow of her, a twister version of Cat that has barely any interaction with the rest of the story. IT would seem that they're setting up something big with her, a promise that they cannot keep.

I thought Mr. Martin already told them how he was going to end the series. I could be wrong but I thought he said in an interview that since his health hasn't been at its best he made sure they knew how everything was going just in case he didn't finish.

He told them the ending of the main arc for the main characters, as far as I know.

But then what would Brienne do for the next two seasons? She doesn't have any chapters after that, and is only seen briefly in one other chapter.

I

- Brienne's entire quest in season four, including her meeting with Stoneheart.

- No Brienne in season five.

- Brienne's return in Jaime's final scene in season six.

II

- Brienne hanging around in King's Landing for the entirety of season four.

- Brienne's entire quest in season five, including her meeting with Stoneheart

III

- Brienne hanging around for a few episodes in season four before Jaime send her on her quest (up until Crackclaw Point, perhaps).

- Brienne's remaining chapters in season five, including her meeting with Stoneheart.

I

- Brienne's entire quest in season four, including her meeting with Stoneheart.

- No Brienne in season five.

II

- Brienne hanging around in King's Landing for the entirety of season four.

- Brienne's entire quest in season five, including her meeting with Stoneheart

III

- Brienne hanging around for a few episodes in season four before Jaime send her on her quest (up until Crackclaw Point, perhaps).

- Brienne's remaining chapters in season five, including her meeting with Stoneheart.

I like option 3 the best by far, it would give her a proper concluding arc for each season while also not having her hang around doing nothing. There is more than enough Brienne material after Crackclaw point to spread over the whole of Season 5, and as the finale we'll get her capture and 'execution' by Lady Stoneheart.

I always thought there was far too much of Brienne in aFFC, but it will work well for the transition to the tv show.

I like option 3 the best by far, it would give her a proper concluding arc for each season while also not having her hang around doing nothing. There is more than enough Brienne material after Crackclaw point to spread over the whole of Season 5, and as the finale we'll get her capture and 'execution' by Lady Stoneheart.

I always thought there was far too much of Brienne in aFFC, but it will work well for the transition to the tv show.

I agree, I'm just not sure if Crackclaw Point is a satisfying way to end a season.

Brienne and Jaime should only reach KL after the Purple Wedding, as things are in the book. If they change that, things will get very confusing, especially if Brienne's quest to find Sansa. Brienne (and Jaime) will have a chance to meet Lady Sansa Stark Lannister this way, and I don't see how a Jaime who is present during the Purple Wedding will not conclude that Sansa had a hand in his son's poisoning.

They could change stuff, and give some the stuff of Brienne's quest to Brienne and Jaime on their way back to King's Landing. Brienne's quest could begin after the Purple Wedding in about the middle of season 4. Then they could spread her scenes over quite a lot of episodes in seasons 4 and 5.

On Catelyn: They could give us a scene with Arya seeing Cat's corpse through Nymeria's eyes. Perhaps even indicate that the Brotherhood may have found her. This way the audience will suspect that she might be resurrected, but cannot be sure until she reappears later on.

Hmmm....Missandei does use the phrase Valar Morghulis when she comes into Dany's service in Storm of Swords.

Long before the last Arya chapter.

Dany does not, on the page , respond with Valar Dohaeris.

Who knows what the teleplay will have.

We know that Episode 7 was previously called 'Chains'. It occurred to me that this might in in fact be referring to Breaker of Chains, one of the names given to Dany after freeing the slaves in Astapor. I'm thinking this is the episode we'll be seeing 'Dracarys' and the conquering of Astapor. It makes sense, seeing as this was the episode that George R. R. Martin wrote.

Brienne and Jaime should only reach KL after the Purple Wedding,

The only possibility of tha being true is that the PW is in this season. The bear pit scene is in episode 7... they can delay their arrival until next season, but not anymore.

Like what they did in season 2. Give us dialogue and slaughter scenes. They could even cut Septon Merribald and give the whole stuff about broken men to Jaime. Although I'd not like that bet. Better, let Jaime and Brienne hunt down whoever is going to be responsible for Jaime's mutilation. A version of the Brienne's whole Crackclaw Point quest. If Jaime takes a liking to Brienne, he no reason to rush to KL after the Red Wedding...

Thematically, Brienne's stuff works better post-ASoS. ASoS (or S3/4) is a total shitstorm of crazy events and the climax of the Wot5K, AFFC (or S5) is where we take a step back and breathe and look at the damage. It would feel odd to have a few episodes of "looking at the devestation of the Riverlands" right in the middle of all this other stuff going on. They'll invent something for them to do, but it don't feel they will draw on anything from AFFC.

And from a character standpoint, it doesn't work as well, for me, for Jaime to send Brienne on her quest early in S4, because he hasn't reached that point in his development yet. He evolves throughout his time travelling with Brienne, but his main objective is still "get back to Cersei". It's only once he gets back and things aren't the same with Cersei anymore, and Tywin wants him to be someone he doesn't want to be - that's when he realises what he really wants (to be better than he is), and starts trying to make amends. That's when he gives Brienne Oathkeeper and sends her to find Sansa, and soon after rescues Tyrion and tells him the truth about Tysha. It works far better for Jaime's arc if all these things happen at the climax of his S4 arc.

I think it's fine to just keep Brienne in KL throughout S4. She'll have plenty of characters to interact with. They could write some excellent original scenes with Brienne/Jaime, Brienne/Cersei, Brienne/Loras, Brienne/Margaery... lots of potential there.

Yes, but they should postpone Jaime and Brienne's arrival to after the Purple Wedding. If that's about the half of season 4, they have a lot of space to let Brienne interact with Margaery, Loras, and Cersei. Could be really interesting.

Well she can vanish for most of S5 for a dramatic purpose rather than for vanishing for no reason in S4 and then near the end she appears in Jaime's arc. Then whatever happens in TWOW with her and Jaime will do her for S6.

We know that Episode 7 was previously called 'Chains'. It occurred to me that this might in in fact be referring to Breaker of Chains, one of the names given to Dany after freeing the slaves in Astapor. I'm thinking this is the episode we'll be seeing 'Dracarys' and the conquering of Astapor. It makes sense, seeing as this was the episode that George R. R. Martin wrote.

Dany arrives in Astapor in episode 1, meaning she probably takes the Unsullied in episode 4 or 5.

Archived