Best reveal in the books?

hollowcrown

Quentyn reveal for sure, along with Doran's planning etc.

And then Aemon Targaryen. For some reason the Lady Stoneheart thing didn't really overly affect me (not knocking it, just wasn't something to make me awe over)

Lysa poisoning Jon Arryn was surprising and had a lasting effect on how I saw the narrative for a while, while pissing me off at the same time, poor Jon Arryn :(

Barristan/Arstan was spoiled for me unfortunately.

Maester Aemon revealing that he was a Targaryen I think, but Arstan/Barristan is a close second. For some reason I was absolutely expecting Stoneheart to be Cat so a lot of the impact was lost on me, likewise fAegon's big reveal was a bit limp because I don't believe that he is the real Aegon Targaryen

Arstan = Selmy was awesome.

I'd say Quentyn's reveal was one of the best if and only if he is alive.

Lady Stoneheart is at the top of the list, but I wish we could have heard more about her quest by now.

Ser Pounce being revealed as The Great Other was amazing, but I doubt many of you caught on to this one.

Damn, that totally passed me by, I'd focused all of my attention on trying to prove it was Lady Whiskers. And we all know that Boots is Syrio, right?

Just before Lysa get pushed out of the Moon Door, when she says that she that poisoned Jon Arryn on Littlefinger's instructions.

That is my choice. That whole chapter was a big one, ending with a jaw-dropper. The chapter revealed things which made retroactive sense, but just upended so many major assumptions. Littlefinger, you magnificent bastard !

The Theon / Reek stuff was awesomely creepy, but at first the whole thing confused me the first time I read it.

Also Frey Pies. As it was building up, I was like "Nahh, they didn't... fuck me, THEY DID."

Honourable mention to: "Dracarys."

The Shadow Baby, did not see that coming. Selmy was good, birth of the Dragons, lady Stoneheart just did nothing for me and I actually felt bad for Cat. Frey pot pies. Does a reveal need to be a person for this? Or can it just be someting revealed? Reek was great.

"Some wars are won with swords others with quills and ravens" and then the Red Wedding... Defenitely my favourite.

My second favourite is Theon turning into Reek... A horrifying story of a downfall.

Stoneheart was a great shock, but it annoyed me at first.

As to Aegon... I don't like the idea of him being alive, really. Actually, my first thought was: "I bet he's a fake!"

Varys being Kevan's killer was a nice little "short" reveal. Also, I was just happy he was back.

I really liked that too. Had wondered when the Spider would make a reappearance.

The Jon Arynn killer reveal was huge for me, as was the Davos isn't dead reveal. Can't forget Euron having a dragon horn either.

Top of the list for me though was Maester Aemon being a Targ. Never saw that coming. That harrowing story about being tested 3 times and not being able to interfere as his whole family was killed off...very moving. Resonates with Jon I suppose as that is what he also had to go through.

Archived