Would Jon order Tommen and Myrcella killed if he became king?

houseHB

It's my theory that Aegon et al. will in fact take King's Landing (not saying he will keep it) and that's when Tommen and/or Myrcella will be killed. I really hope, though, that Myrcella will stay with Doran Martel -- and that he lives -- because even though he wants revenge I don't believe he would harm his son's friend. She won't be marrying any prince, though.

Not likely. There are more reasonable ways to handle scions of a ruined House than Robert's 'kill them all' strategy, and Jon would see that.

I think a better question is: Would Jon have killed the young hostages he got from the Wildlings if their parents had gotten out of line? I think yes. He certainly wouldn't have liked it, but he is no Ryman Frey; he wouldn't make an empty threat like that. So that is a situation in which I could see Jon killing children. Ned would have done it too in those circumstances imo.

Aemons words of "...kill the boy..." Mean a lot to Jon. Remember what he did to Gillys boy in the name of appeasement and stability. If others demanded it of him and they would be used as a rallying call then I think the Jon post becoming LC would do it if it was his only option. He's proven to be more tractable to "dishonourable" acts than Ned and Robb if it was necessary.

Obviously not.

Aemons words of "...kill the boy..." Mean a lot to Jon. Remember what he did to Gillys boy in the name of appeasement and stability. If others demanded it of him and they would be used as a rallying call then I think the Jon post becoming LC would do it if it was his only option. He's proven to be more tractable to "dishonourable" acts than Ned and Robb if it was necessary.

He didn't do anything to Gilly's child and what he did to his mother he did not in the name of "appeasement and stability" but to save Mance's son from burning.

I don't think there would be as much of a need to kill off the "Baratheon" heirs as there was for Robert to get rid of the Targs. Robert was usurping a royal dynasty that had lasted three centuries. Any new Targ monarch would just be reclaiming what was originally there's. The Baratheon kings just would not have the same residual claim to the throne in exile that the Targs did. The well known fact (or just well known claim to the characters) that Tommen and Myrcella aren't actually Baratheon further weakens any danger they might pose to a Targ restoration. If Ned would have let Viserys and Dany go, I'm certain that Jon would never move against Tommen and Myrcella.

But as others have posted, Aegon is another story. Given that Aegon himself was targeted for assassination as a child and the fact that we have our "golden shrouds" prophecy regarding Cersei's kids, it seems likely that he wouldn't be so merciful. I think that's the most probable scenario for Tommen, Ser Pounce and Crew.

Why are there so many of these X character on the Throne kills Myrcellla and Tommen threads?

I only saw two. My guess is that this thread is the reaction to the last "Would Dany kill Tommen and Myrcella?" thread because Jon was brought up there, with his lines about house Lannister and Tommen being used as an argument that he might see the question whether to kill the kids or not as a dilemma.

I only saw two. My guess is that this thread is the reaction to the last "Would Dany kill Tommen and Myrcella?" thread because Jon was brought up there, with his lines about house Lannister and Tommen being used as an argument that he might see the question whether to kill the kids or not as a dilemma.

I saw one about Tyrion, too...I think.

Oh Tyrion definitely would

Why would you say that? Is there any textual evidence that supports Tyrion would actually kill them? Even at his lowest in ADWD when confronted by Illyrio over the eventual death of Myrcella if Tyrion seeks to help Dorne crown her he admits to himself that to crown her is to kill her and is not something that entices him. As consumed as he seem with revenge thoughts on both his siblings his threats are directed to their own person, not to their children. Also, Myrcella and Tommen still remain very much Jaime's kids and I don't think his hate for Jaime is as blinding as Tyrion likes to pretend.

Sadly I think every Lord would kill a child hostage if necessary. They would not LIKE it and would do everything in their power to avoid it but if they held a child and the parent rebelled they would have no choice BUT to kill the child. I imagine with girls, the easier choice was to marry them off to a relative so that they controlled any heirs. No need to kill them. But boys another story all together.

Yes even beloved Ned would have killed child Theon if Balon had rebelled.

That is the whole POINT of a hostage.

Archived