Littlefinger's next move

Golden Lady

There has already been a Dornish queen to a Targaryen king-Myriah Martell.

There's also an SSM which says that Targaryens prefer to marry next of kin when there is no sibling to marry.

Arianne is only 5 years older than Aegon. It would be like Jon-Ygritte/Val. Elia was older than Rhaegar but only by two years.

There has already been a Dornish queen to a Targaryen king-Myriah Martell.

There's also an SSM which says that Targaryens prefer to marry next of kin when there is no sibling to marry.

Arianne is only 5 years older than Aegon. It would be like Jon-Ygritte/Val. Elia was older than Rhaegar but only by two years.

And Sansa is only 4 years younger than Aegon. She is of highest blood in Westeros, line old thousands of years, direct descendent of First Men. As I said, if I am to believe Aegon is going to survive the war, I would like to see him and Sansa on the throne. Sansa is much more adequate for a Queen than Arianne.

And Sansa is only 4 years younger than Aegon. She is of highest blood in Westeros, line old thousands of years, direct descendent of First Men. As I said, if I am to believe Aegon is going to survive the war, I would like to see him and Sansa on the throne. Sansa is much more adequate for a Queen than Arianne.

From a Targaryen perspective a Martell has Targaryen blood and Arianne is already a blood relation. Dany is ideal but that won't work so Arianne is the next step.

Arianne was meant to rule but if she wants to be queen then that means she'll be willing to accept the fact that she will have significantly less individual power in that situation just so she can be queen.

She didn't know about Doran's plans for her to rule Dorne until later and expected that she would be a wife to some lord so it may not be much of a loss to her.

From a Targaryen perspective a Martell has Targaryen blood and Arianne is already a blood relation. Dany is ideal but that won't work so Arianne is the next step.

Arianne was meant to rule but if she wants to be queen then that means she'll be willing to accept the fact that she will have significantly less individual power in that situation just so she can be queen.

She didn't know about Doran's plans for her to rule Dorne until later and expected that she would be a wife to some lord so it may not be much of a loss to her.

Yes, you are right from Targaryen perspective. But, wouldn`t fAegon feel like Rhaegar if he would reject Arianne and take Sansa...

Also, Doran`s plans were for Arianne to become a Queen, and now she would become a ruling Princess of Dorne. I think that the latter title is more suitable for her.

Yes, you are right from Targaryen perspective. But, wouldn`t fAegon feel like Rhaegar if he would reject Arianne and take Sansa...

Also, Doran`s plans were for Arianne to become a Queen, and now she would become a ruling Princess of Dorne. I think that the latter title is more suitable for her.

Rhaegar didn't reject Elia. He just took a second wife that hardly anyone knew about.

Doran's plans were for her to rule Dorne and for Quentyn to be the one married to a Targaryen who would try and get the throne. The latter can't happen anymore. The app thread said his endgame is for a Martell to rule beside a Targaryen. Arianne/Aegon is his only chance now.

I don't think Arianne really understands what it means to be a queen - no real power. She still has some romantic notions about that.

Littlefinger needs to do something fast, without Lannisters he doesn't hold Riverlands, not even formally. Without one very sick child, he doesn't hold Vale. I think that he will reveal Sansa after Cersei loses power in KL. It could profit him to side with Aegon, but it could be that he knows about Dany and will decide to rather wait before choosing the Targ.

I think I figured it out.

LF wants Sansa... pregnant!!! By anyone other than himself.

All we know of Harry is that he is good at making babys. If Sansa goes after Harry he might sweettalk her into bed then pretend she does not exist. Baelish might have considered this possibility. But if he gets her pregnant, even if he refuses the marriage, he gets Casterly Rock through the backdoor by claiming the child is Tyrions. This could backfire on him significantly if people think he is screwing hiis own daughter, or if Sansa directs rage directly at him, which is why he cannot do it himself.

In this order:

1) Marry Sansa to Harry the Heir.

2) Kill Robert Arryn.

3) Wait for the Bolton's hold in the North to fall and carry a host of the Vale up the neck.

4) Stop at the Twins under the impression of picking up more troops to secure the North, and then kill everyone in the Twins in retaliation for the Red Wedding.

5) At the Twins, he'd openly declare Sansa as the Queen in the North and then wait for around a month for the other Riverlords to answer his summoning of the banners.

6) Arrive in Winterfell for Sansa to claim her seat in the North.

After that, Littlefinger will play it by ear. His main goal now is securing the North, Riverlands, and Vale. There are some things that are currently unforeseeable in this, like the Others, Jon Snow possibly becoming Heir to Winterfell over Sansa, and Bran and Rickon still being alive.

Littlefinger, like all of Westeros and players of the GoT, is going to have to decide what to do about Aegon. Stannis seems set up to defeat the Lannister-backed Boltons in Winterfell and the North is about to have Rickon to rally around. Aegon is about to take Storm's End and has already had some success at Griffin's Roost and a bunch of other castles on the coast. With Tywin and Kevan dead, Cercei imprisoned awaiting trial, the Dornish on the way to KL and the Tyrells in charge of King's Landing means Littlefinger needs to decide if the Lannister cause can survive or if he needs to switch sides to Aegon.

The war with Aegon is to the South, and they're probably not going to bother with Littlefinger and Sansa while all that is going on in the South. Littlefinger's best option is to sit aside and see who wins between the Lannisters, Aegon, and Dany, and then see what his best move is from there.

I think I figured it out.

LF wants Sansa... pregnant!!! By anyone other than himself.

All we know of Harry is that he is good at making babys. If Sansa goes after Harry he might sweettalk her into bed then pretend she does not exist. Baelish might have considered this possibility. But if he gets her pregnant, even if he refuses the marriage, he gets Casterly Rock through the backdoor by claiming the child is Tyrions. This could backfire on him significantly if people think he is screwing hiis own daughter, or if Sansa directs rage directly at him, which is why he cannot do it himself.

I don't think the timing is right unless he claims Tyrion visited the Vale and wasn't apprehended. It all depends on how much time has passed since Joffrey's wedding/death and Sansa getting pregnant. I don't think anything more than two months would work. He could hide Sansa for a few weeks and claim the child was born earlier than the real date, but not for long or people will gossip. And he would have to really clear Sansa's name to have her claiming the Rock. That's not needed as much in the Vale, as Harry's ambition would cover her, and could even be counterproductive in the North - the Northerners would only be upset that it took her too long to poison Joffrey.

LF is in a very strong position, he is now ready to control the Northern kingdoms (North, Riverlands and Vale) through Sansa, who has a claim to the two outside of his current control, so I dont see this relationship between them breaking any time soon (i.e. her betraying him- this would be foolhardy and she knows it by now). I have a feeling that Varys and LF will work in tandem, Varys will manipulate the South, leaving the Northern kingdoms to LF. How LF deals with Stannis will decide ultimately who sits on the Iron Throne at the end, if LF removes Stannis, its a targ on the throne, if LF puts the Northern kingdoms behind Stannis, it will be him, though as Stannis the underdog, I see him being removed by LF once the Starks are back in WF (having served his plot purpose). Whether removed means assassinated or brought to kneel or escaping to become Night's King remains to be seen.

LF first and primary goal right now is to marry Sansa to Harry the Heir.

He comments about not having the time to plant seeds since the Lannister's are falling apart quicker than he anticipated, so he now needs to hurry up and secure his current winnings and prepare for the next round of chaos. Sweet Robin only bought him a year assuredly and Wintering at the Gates, after he gave them to Royce to win his loyalty, means he could be stripped of Robin and cast out at almost any time. Marrying his "illegitimate" daughter to Harry the Heir gives him three ways to control the Vale (he bought up Harry's family debt, Sansa as Lady of the Vale, and a sickly Robin). The marriage has to happen whether or not he ultimately gives Sansa back Winterfell, since he needs to ensure his holdings.

The time it is going to take for Sansa to woo Harry the Heir and marriage to occur should be enough time for the Lannister's to fall and Aegon to begin his ascendancy.

If I were LF, I'd marry Sansa to Harry and hen LF when the Lannisters ask to help their cause (Vale has an army and the Crown needs help with its finances) I'd feign support and then betray them opening the gates to Aegon's forces. Doing so would put him (like Tywin) in the perfect position to barter for more titles from Aegon / settling the North/Riverlands onto Sansa, or a variety of other things.

[EDIT:]

I could also see LF ignoring the crown's calls for help and watching as Varys seats Aegon on the throne. Knowing he wouldn't be welcome with the new regime, LF could wait and bide his time waiting for Dany to come and offer her his support. That way the two kingdoms with forces still at 100% (Dorne/Vale) are on opposite sides of the conflict, as well as Varys/LF and Aegon/Dany. It would split everything perfectly for the Dance. If Dany also had Tyrion, it could also help LF undo Sansa's wedding to Tyrion.

Thats how Tyrion will survive,Dany will take him back to Westeros before executing him, maybe to endorse her as the true queen, for some reason, she will keep him alive until Westeros, but he will barter for his life with his marriage to Sansa, if the North, Vale and Riverlands is united by her marriage, Tyrion can help to undue such a powerful alliance due to his marriage with Sansa.

• 1 month later...

Littlefinger knows about Dany and her dragons, and the potential power they will have. He sent to King's Landing for the Robert's old tapestries. Probaly some old Targaryen tapestries he will use to appear as a Targaryen loyalist. But he doesn't want to pledge to Dany, or at least not permanently, preferably not at all. So, he has his good friend Euron Greyjoy to go and get the dragons for him, in exchange for hiring a faceless man to assassinate Balon Greyjoy. Now, he knows that the maesters, or whoever will attempt to kill dragons as they once had. There is knowledge detailing the process hidden in the books. He hires another faceless man, Jaqen H'Ghar to infiltrate Oldtown, find and destroy such books. There was also a copy of such book in the Winterfell library, evidence of that being Tyrion's extended depiction of its greatness. The night of Bran's attempted assassination was just a decoy, but the real target was the library, and it was orchestrated by Littlefinger (although one could argue how could he possibly know dragons would be born), though maybe just a precaution. He knew about the existence of the two surviving Targaryens, and if they happened to get dragons, then good. If not, well, he still gets a win from the attempted assassination of Bran by furthering the conflict between Starks and Lannisters. Or maybe, he doesn't want to destroy these books, but to claim them, so that when Euron conquers everyone and comes to power, Littlefinger can kill the dragons, defeat him, and take over. Euron is Littlefinger's pawn, but he doesn't know it. Euron thinks of himself as a player, which is Littlefinger's advantage.

Littlefinger's next move is to unite the Vale with the Riverlands. With Aegon and/or Dany Invading and Stannis possibly moving south if Littlefinger controls the Vale and the Riverlands and can garrison Harrenhall he will be in perfect position to determine who is going to be sitting on the Iron Throne.

LF is in a deteriorating postion....he is Lord Paramount of the Riverlands only if Tommen continues as King and only if someone anyone doesn't put put a piece of parchment in front of Tommen to stamp negating that office.....his only agency is currency and that could be drying up if the High Septon gets his way and closes KL's bothels....LF will not only lose funds but he will also intelligence and gossip if that happens...LF is now what 3 people removed from being Master of Coin (Tyrion, Rosby, Swyft) and quite concievably 4 (Garth the Gross) with all those named above conscentiously removing LF's people with theirs....LF does not engender much in the way of loyalty except thru gold and that will be a fleeting comodity.....The way I see it LF has one card and that is a tenuous one Herry the Heir & Sansa marrying with the hope no male Stark shows his face and Tyrion stays away a lot longer.....

Archived