Will the Tyrells get caught for....SPOILERS...

John W

I definitely think they will be outed for their crime and will lose support, prestige, and value in the eyes of any future kings because of it (as Mace deserves, never fully committing to any one king or cause fully with their armies)

I think Olenna may come to court if she hears that Sansa has been taken to KL to be held on trial for Joffrey's death. Olenna would likely confess when Sansa's death sentence has been declared or she is about to be executed. Cersei will then have Olenna executed on the spot, and put her head on a spike.

I think Olenna may come to court if she hears that Sansa has been taken to KL to be held on trial for Joffrey's death. Olenna would likely confess when Sansa's death sentence has been declared or she is about to be executed. Cersei will then have Olenna executed on the spot, and put her head on a spike.

You reckon? Olenna's a sharp old stick, and I can't see her putting herself or any member of her family in jeopardy for Sansa. It's not like they framed her for regicide accidentally.

Well, the only proof may be the hairnet, but that was given to Sansa by Dontos, so, it's just words on the wind really. It's not like KL has rebelled against Tommen despite Stannis public relations campaign incest there, and there is actually visual evidence for that one.

You reckon? Olenna's a sharp old stick, and I can't see her putting herself or any member of her family in jeopardy for Sansa. It's not like they framed her for regicide accidentally.

They intended to frame Tyrion not Sansa, and after he was executed Sansa would be freed and still a maiden, able to be taken to HG and married to Willas.

Olenna may have killed Joffrey, but that was to protect her granddaughter. Olenna can be mean and sharp of tongue, but she isn't heartless. I don't think she would live the thought of an innocent girl being killed for a crime that she herself committed.

Olenna knows that Cersei still needs the Tyrells, and that she wouldn't kill any further members of her family, including Margaery since Cersei needs Margaery as a hostage after Tommen dies to ensure HG's loyalty.

They intended to frame Tyrion not Sansa, and after he was executed Sansa would be freed and still a maiden, able to be taken to HG and married to Willas.

I'm sorry, I'm not convinced, but whether or not they set out to frame Sansa they clearly didn't care too much if she ended up as collateral damage. There's no reason to think that's changed.

Olenna is to focused on Margery, the power of high garden and getting rid of Cersie to ever step up for Sansa if it came to that. However LF realizes Cersie and the Lannisters are on Their way out, so he will reveal Sansa soon.

I'm sorry, I'm not convinced, but whether or not they set out to frame Sansa they clearly didn't care too much if she ended up as collateral damage. There's no reason to think that's changed.

The evidence against Sansa would have been weak, and before the PW, Olenna told Sansa that she was going to take her to Highgarden.

I think they will, because it suits Varys. It even could be that it will be revealed during Margaery's trial. I think that Varys' plan was always to send Tyrells and Lannisters against each other, only Littlefinger was quicker and manipulated Starks.

deus ex machina

They are now guestslayers. However much Jeoffry was cruel he was their host. Killing him will curse them as the RW cursed the Freys in the "eyes of the gods" and something will happen to them whether they are caught or not.

Olenna may have killed Joffrey, but that was to protect her granddaughter. Olenna can be mean and sharp of tongue, but she isn't heartless. I don't think she would live the thought of an innocent girl being killed for a crime that she herself committed.

Olenna knows that Cersei still needs the Tyrells, and that she wouldn't kill any further members of her family, including Margaery since Cersei needs Margaery as a hostage after Tommen dies to ensure HG's loyalty.

I was under the impression they would have planned to frame Oberyn Martell for Joffrey's death, what with him being a famous poisoner, and the already present animosity between the Tyrells and the Martells, he would have been my first go-to for a scapegoat. He himself thanked Tyrion for taking the fall, as he was aware that he would have been blamed otherwise.

Joffery wasnt the Tyrells guest, they were his guests. It makes them hostslayers, nobody hates hostslayers. If your stupid enough to invite them in, you deserve what they will do to you. Aerys/Tywin.

:agree:

Very interested to see what happens with The Queen of Thorns and Sansa... I really want them to reunite! (And Anne Boylen Marge of course)

Idt Cersei will live long enough to do that and even if should does, she doesnt hold the regency anymore. if anything Littlefinger will blackmail the Tyrells into helping his and Sansa's cause

The North, The Reach, The Vale, Possible Dorne vs The Lannisters looks pretty epic

Joffery wasnt the Tyrells guest, they were his guests. It makes them hostslayers, nobody hates hostslayers. If your stupid enough to invite them in, you deserve what they will do to you. Aerys/Tywin.

Jeor Mormon says something like "There is no greater curse that bringing violence in the home of your host" when the night watch kills Craster - i would say it's just as bad if not worse that killing your guest - the guest right come from anquity where Zeus was the god of guest right - it's purpose was to protect both the host and the guest. I would say the Tyrells are on par with the Freys.

Archived