why all the littlefinger hate?

thegreatwhitebear

I think you're wasting your time with him. Anybody that calls Littlefinger the ''Great One'' (lol) and attempts to rationalize putting an 11 years old girl in brutal sex slavery as completely normal is not worth it IMO.

:agree:

I fell for the egalitarian hero once before with Steerpike in the gormenghast series. Martin gives multiple homages to this series and its writer Mervyn Peake. I was cheering for Steerpike to overturn the dusty, crazy Groans and their aweful aristocratic institution, until he crossed way over the line and stayed there. He served his purpose, and then was no longer someone to cheer.

Granted this thread is like 2 years old but wow what a title/overall premise.

First off I don't get into "hating" a character because I actually keep everything in the perspective of a fictional story, and find Littlefinger one of the more interesting characters in the series.

If people did "hate" him though I think they'd be justified in pointing towards his murdering of the story's main patriarch and closest thing to a "good guy", murdering of a 13 year old, murder of a defenseless drunk, murder of a woman, murder of Jon Arryn.... And this is just scrathing the surface really, so unless your applying your construct of hate in some sort of abstract parameters where morality doesn't factor into the opinion, it should be pretty easy or you to get why some people "hate" this fictional character.

And 600 comments? Really? Just put hate and a characters name in the title

LF is hated because he does everything is required to achieve, gradually, more power, while anybody except the readers notice his inner nature, and use them as tools.

I used to hate him, but changed opinion.

BTW, now he is my favourite "villain" character, and I hope we will see more of his intelligence.

Archived