The most ridiculous moment of the series?

Tywin has no problem with Tyrion's whoring - it's the way he does it that's the problem. For 25 years since Joanna's death no has even suspected that Tywin visited whores - he did not bring them to court, he did not marry them, he did not treaten Tommen for them, and he did not spend his time with them while he had to rule.

True, Tyrion seems to fall in love without whatever wants to fuck him.

I've actually argued before that GRRM is pulling a grand one over on us by using over-the-top comic book villains to "trick" us into thinking Dany's hero material, when if you dropped her in Westeros with actual three-dimensional people her (many) shortcomings would be glaringly obvious. There's also the matter of her own POV being the only one we have of her in person, another red flag. It's all a sleight of hand based on context and perspective. Pretty ingenious really.

But I digress.

We also have Selmy's POVs, but in terms of offering us another opinion he is absolutely useless. He is literally blind to the obvious because he is trying to reclaim his honor.

He is no better than Jorah.

I personally do not understand what Dany is thinking will happen when she enters Westeros with Unsullied, Dragons, Dothraki, Iron Fleet and R'hillor worshippers. How can she be anything but the enemy of Westeros?

In essence, Dany as a character.

Indeed

We also have Selmy's POVs, but in terms of offering us another opinion he is absolutely useless. He is literally blind to the obvious because he is trying to reclaim his honor.

He is no better than Jorah.

We do have Quentyn and Selmy, yeah, but even then she doesn't actually appear in the POVs. They think of her or recall her, but she's not actually there in person.

Hey this is GRRM we are talking about here.. Dont think we will get a happy ending...

Happy for me is Dany dying to be frank. For all I care Hot Pie can sit on the Iron Throne, as long as the Starks, Martells and Blackwaters get what is theirs.

Hey this is GRRM we are talking about here.. Dont think we will get a happy ending...

LOL

It would be a happy ending for me, I'll tell you that.

But I don't see how killing the heroine and giving her dragons to the dwarf is a happy ending in general.

Dany is clueless, if she doesn't die it will be lame. It's not even like she's learning anything from her obvious mistakes, since she keeps winning. So the only option left for her is to go insane like her father.

I firmly believe that she will go insane and my number one evidence is the casting of Emilia Clarke to the TV show. The producers know roughly what will happen to major characters.

Now tell me, is that the face of a sane person?

http://sharetv.org/images/game_of_thrones/cast/large/daenerys_targaryen.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmWxbHsfp8xhDAFB2LAdoMqHM5jeWQjhUA0YYJi-MXDQIjTdKD

Actually I don't see any evidence of fail-safes. Not allowing anyone to buy all the Unsullied isn't exactly a "fail-safe," not how I think of one anyway. A "fail-safe" is something like the rules of "I, Robot." "Do everything your master says, unless it causes you to go against Astapor."

I thought that was what the constant torture, followed by the forcing the Unsullied to kill babies and puppies, was actually for.

Think of it this way:

Slavers = Ramsay

Unsullied = Theon

The grueling treatments before they're sold = Flaying

Killing Babies+Puppies = Aiding Ramsay with Jeyne Pool

The killing babies and puppies, like Theon's continued Reek persona, is supposed to cement them as hopelessly subservient and powerless to the slavers, I think.

Could be wrong though, and given how long they've made money over it, they probably did not see why anyone would make war with all of Easos over some slaves' freedoms.

Everything related to Arya in Braavos.

I am afraid that I agree. I loved Arya's storyline in SOS, one of my favourite moments in the books is when she runs towards the Twins so as to be reunited with her mother, finally and the Hound hits her with the axe, thus saving her life. It was a very strong moment, which was followed by Arya abandoning Sandor, without killing him and she is finally on her own. And then we have this

Beneath he had no face; only a yellowed skull with a few scraps of skin still clinging to the cheeks, and a white worm wriggling from one empty eye socket.

"Kiss me, child," he croaked, in a voice as dry and husky as a death rattle.

Does he think to scare me? Arya kissed him where his nose should be and plucked the grave worm from his eye to eat it, but it melted like a shadow in her hand. The yellow skull was melting too, and the kindliest old man that she had ever seen was smiling down at her.

"No one has ever tried to eat my worm before," he said.

Any time someone says "It is known"; If that's the last line in the series I don't know what i'll do.

Especially given that said ladies have spent enough time with Dany who did everything to overturn the political and social order "as it is known". Irri and Iqui really must be the most underdeveloped characters in this book.

Whats funny about it is that ther are plenty of both males and female readers that dislike Dany strongly.

Well I am not her fan number 1 either but gues what I dislike even more: People who cannot discuss her character without throwing sexual degrading terms around. There are many valid points of criticism concerning Dany, but focusing soley on her sexuality (usually with a good dose of sexual double standards and sexism thrown in) derails the whole discussion and posions the forum atmosphere.

Archived