D.B. and David know the ending, are they giving hints?

Suzanna Stormborn

Exactly. Jon survives the "long night" with the help of Catelyn's "prayers". Which I feel forshadows Jon surviving his assassination during the second coming of the Long Night with Catelyn giving her Kiss (life) to resurrect him. Pretty bold of the producers to throw that out there, imo

I'm thinking of the same thing. The tv series goes too fast than the transition in the books or maybe it's because the happenings in the books happen simultaneously even if the characters are leagues apart.

My guess is that Jon, Dany and Tyrion will be the final survivors and they will ride in Dany's dragons (since it is speculated that Jon and Tyrion could be Targaryens as well and Targaryens are the true rulers of the Westeros) and they will fight The Others.

I'm thinking of the same thing. The tv series goes too fast than the transition in the books or maybe it's because the happenings in the books happen simultaneously even if the characters are leagues apart.

My guess is that Jon, Dany and Tyrion will be the final survivors and they will ride in Dany's dragons (since it is speculated that Jon and Tyrion could be Targaryens as well and Targaryens are the true rulers of the Westeros) and they will fight The Others.

Jon's a Targ, but I will have no one else say Tyrion's one!

Exactly. Jon survives the "long night" with the help of Catelyn's "prayers". Which I feel forshadows Jon surviving his assassination during the second coming of the Long Night with Catelyn giving her Kiss (life) to resurrect him. Pretty bold of the producers to throw that out there, imo

Martin wouldn't do that to me, he wouldn't want me to curse him for all eternity and haunt him forever.

More importantly, it doesn't make any kind of sense for UnCat to do it, not to mention the vast distance between them.

Martin wouldn't do that to me, he wouldn't want me to curse him for all eternity and haunt him forever.

More importantly, it doesn't make any kind of sense for UnCat to do it, not to mention the vast distance between them.

If she found out about Jon's true parentage then maybe she'll travel to The Wall?

For those interested

Cat speaking of Jon

Dany - HOTU

It would be lovely if somebody posts the parts they find relevant ; I believe D&D are foreshadowing.

I can't remember the thread where was discussed about the producers' at a panel, and them saying that the revelation concerning the Iron Throne would be shocking.

I remember thinking "is it shocking to them,or it will be to the viewers?" because if it's shocking to them, that could be a clue to Jon not sitting the throne.

Hey thanks for posting :). I think we could come to this thread during the season and discuss foreshadowing so we aren't 'spoiling' in the TV section if everyone is down?

I am very interested in the show, and GRRM has a lot of influence, and D&D have said they want to do him justice, so I think we should expect a lot from the show.

Yeah sure, but that train of thought in itself is so non-sensical and it turns Cat into some cartoon figure of a braindead good vs evil story.

I disagree. The scene was incredibly jarring on first viewing just because so many aspects of it were not in the books. However, it really humanizes Cat and also brings some of her inner musings forward. She thought about the guilt she felt concerning Jon when she was ascending the Eyrie with Mya Stone. She spent a lot of time inside her own head when Bran and Rickon were 'killed' thinking of all the horror her family has faced. This was a chance for the TV audience to get a glimpse inside Cat's head. She's flawed and she's a mother. It's something a lot of people can relate to.

The scene also does a couple of other little things. It reminds the audience that Jon's mother is a mystery. It continues to build on how the characters interact with their gods. It ties in with the 'mother' theme that will permeate the season. I think it's possible that Talisa is taking the place of all the Westerling clan, including Sybil, and this conversation with Catelyn will cause Talisa to rethink her part in aiding Robb's downfall. It's also an awesome nod to the mistaken notion that Targaryens do not get sick.

There's a lot of stuff going on in that scene. It's definitely not any sort of character assassination. It's just so different because it's not the type of stuff book Cat would say out loud, but it's not like the showrunners can put little dialogue boxes to show what Cat's thinking.

Maybe to she finds out about him getting killed and gets Mels to use her life force to resurrect Jon?

I hate to repeat myself, but why?

Its definitely not any sort of character assassination. It's just so different because it's not the type of stuff book Cat would say out loud, but it's not like the showrunners can put little dialogue boxes to show what Cat's thinking.

It's not the type of stuff Book Cat (or any noblewoman in Westeros) would think either, that's why it's a bad scene. Asking your husband to legitimise his bastard when you have 5 kids you love still alive? No way any noblewoman would consider this seriously.

I disagree. The scene was incredibly jarring on first viewing just because so many aspects of it were not in the books. However, it really humanizes Cat and also brings some of her inner musings forward. She thought about the guilt she felt concerning Jon when she was ascending the Eyrie with Mya Stone. She spent a lot of time inside her own head when Bran and Rickon were 'killed' thinking of all the horror her family has faced. This was a chance for the TV audience to get a glimpse inside Cat's head. She's flawed and she's a mother. It's something a lot of people can relate to.

The scene also does a couple of other little things. It reminds the audience that Jon's mother is a mystery. It continues to build on how the characters interact with their gods. It ties in with the 'mother' theme that will permeate the season. I think it's possible that Talisa is taking the place of all the Westerling clan, including Sybil, and this conversation with Catelyn will cause Talisa to rethink her part in aiding Robb's downfall. It's also an awesome nod to the mistaken notion that Targaryens do not get sick.

There's a lot of stuff going on in that scene. It's definitely not any sort of character assassination. It's just so different because it's not the type of stuff book Cat would say out loud, but it's not like the showrunners can put little dialogue boxes to show what Cat's thinking.

This, and also the simpler thing - it emphasized her feelings towards Jon, as in the books their relations are much more discussed than in the show, where we had only one scene where she tells Jon to leave the room - but then Bran was on a deathbed and people can understand it as her being emotional, and not really as her general feelings towards Jon.

And yet, the wording of "Long Night" was most peculiar.

I am working on a thread for tyrion being a targ, ill send you the link when I post. I have gathered a ton of evidence, my goal is to convince some hardcore fans on here :)

Yeah, I'll look forward to that :bang:

It's not the type of stuff Book Cat (or any noblewoman in Westeros) would think either, that's why it's a bad scene. Asking your husband to legitimise his bastard when you have 5 kids you love alive? No way any noblewoman would consider this seriously.

Perhaps not, but we don't really know. Still, this is something that nearly everyone can relate to - making all sorts of impossible/improbable promises one would never usually make if some sort of god will just answer your prayer. I think even we hardcore atheists have done this. "Please god, if you let abc occur, I promise I'll do xyz." It's pretty rare that we follow through on these things. There's also the guilt we've all experienced when coincidences occur after we've thought something. For example, if I thought to myself, "I wish that Selig dude would just go away and die," and then if I found out you died, I'd feel extremely guilty despite knowing that my thoughts aren't on some mystical wavelength that can make things like that happen.

This is a scene that viewers can relate to. It humanizes Cat, regardless if the dialogue wasn't exactly something that would happen in the books.

Please, no fire zombie Jon...

As for Cat and Jon... Maybe if she came to Ned with the suggestion, she'd by now know why Jon cannot be legitimised... Because Ned would see she can be trusted with the True™ story. As of AGoT, I guess the only persons in the know were Eddard, Benjen and Howland.

Archived