Targaryens are Inflammable

Dr. Pepper

Let's make a bridge outta her!

You raise a good point. But can you also not build a bridge out of stone? Stone. Like Alayne Stone. Before she was Stone, Alayne was known for helping frightened women cross bridges when no one else cared. She later built a castle out of snow, vexed by the structural unsoundness of her bridges:

Her bridges kept falling down. There was a covered bridge between the armory and the main keep, and another that went from the fourth floor of the bell tower to the second floor of the rookery, but no matter how carefully she shaped them, they would not hold together. The third time one collapsed on her, she cursed aloud and sat back in helpless frustration.

When all seemed hopeless, her wise mentor suggests she use a form of reinforced concrete, packing the snow around wooden sticks. As we know the Targaryens burn because they are composed of wood, we can easily deduce that this critically foreshadows Alayne's role in tempering the only known Targaryen, who incidentally also has a connection to wintry precipitation: Jon Snow.

This same maiden has frequent associations with moonstones, thereby setting up a solid foundation to propose that Alayne will emerge as a conceptual- if not literal- bridge, connecting Jon-the-near-dead-boy to his ultimate destiny as Azor Ahai, the Reborn. To further augment this theory, I submit this passage from Sallhador Saan, the leading expert in R'hllorist myth:

It is said that her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon, but her blood and her soul and her strength and her courage all went into the steel. Such is the tale of the forging of Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.
Given the way many characters, such as Areo Hotah, treat their weapons with the sort of care one would show a child, I believe it's safe to conclude that the "steel" mentioned by Salladhor can be taken to mean "children" in this context. Alayne crafted exactly three snowballs, which seems to foreshadow that she and Jon will conceive three children, thereby reforging Winterfell in much the same way those three snowballs were transformed into the walls and turrets of the snow castle. It would seem then that the myth of Azor Ahai as a savior fire demi god is a red herring, but rather, the legend points to the urban revitalization of Winterfell and adjacent principalities. Anyway, stones rarely float.

You raise a good point. But can you also not build a bridge out of stone? Stone. Like Alayne Stone. Before she was Stone, Alayne was known for helping frightened women cross bridges when no one else cared. She later built a castle out of snow, vexed by the structural unsoundness of her bridges:

When all seemed hopeless, her wise mentor suggests she use a form of reinforced concrete, packing the snow around wooden sticks. As we know the Targaryens burn because they are composed of wood, we can easily deduce that this critically foreshadows Alayne's role in tempering the only known Targaryen, who incidentally also has a connection to wintry precipitation: Jon Snow.

This same maiden has frequent associations with moonstones, thereby setting up a solid foundation to propose that Alayne will emerge as a conceptual- if not literal- bridge, connecting Jon-the-near-dead-boy to his ultimate destiny as Azor Ahai, the Reborn. To further augment this theory, I submit this passage from Sallhador Saan, the leading expert in R'hllorist myth: Given the way many characters, such as Areo Hotah, treat their weapons with the sort of care one would show a child, I believe it's safe to conclude that the "steel" mentioned by Salladhor can be taken to mean "children" in this context. Alayne crafted exactly three snowballs, which seems to foreshadow that she and Jon will conceive three children, thereby reforging Winterfell in much the same way those three snowballs were transformed into the walls and turrets of the snow castle. It would seem then that the myth of Azor Ahai as a savior fire demi god is a red herring, but rather, the legend points to the urban revitalization of Winterfell and adjacent principalities. Anyway, stones rarely float.

I also believe that the three balls-children are conceptually connected to Dany being the Mother of three dragons, which were hatched from ball-shaped stone eggs, which again reinforces the connection to Alayne Stone. Her building the castle was a magical, one-time event referenced in prophecies, therefore we should discuss what is the point of GRRM introducing this aspect.

Since Dany has kings blood, maybe we could give her to Melisandre for experimental / scientific purposes. Then we can finally find for a fact out if Dany is flammable, inflammable, combustable or all of these at the same time.

I have questions about this passage. Hopefully someone can help me. This is after Dany returns from attending to the sick.

“Jhiqui, help me from these clothes, then take them away and burn them. Irri, tell Qezza to find me something light and cool to wear. The day was very hot.” A cool wind was blowing on her terrace. Dany sighed with pleasure as she slipped into the waters of her pool. At her command, Missandei stripped off her clothes and climbed in after her.

Is the water cool or is it hot? If it's hot, how can Missandei bear it? Also, why didn't Dany go burn herself with her clothes? Unless she's inflammable, it doesn't make sense that she'd not want to cleanse herself with fire. Why did she remark on the hot day and why also did she sigh with pleasure when she stepped into the water? Was she trying to make herself into obsidian?

Archived