[Book Spoilers] Talisa

Mark Antony

Honestly, I hope she is a traitor because Robb lost this war completely because of her. He broke his vow to his greatest one of his greatest allies, by marring her. If she's a spy that played him then actually in my eyes Robb is actually less stupid.

Which would be worse, destroying you family and war completely because of the girl, or being completely played meaning she was purposefully pulling every string. I just don't want to see evil win over true love, which if Talisa was innocent and truely loved Robb then it would and that would be sad.

But you see, based on the book - it WAS incredibly stupid whether she was a quiet mousy non-entity or not. In the show, they don't even really give you a good reason at all other than lust - which I guess for a teenage boy is ok but falls flat to me. I'd rather they have stuck to Jeyne Westerling, who nursed Robb's wound and they fell in love and made a mistake so he married her out of a sense of honor and duty... something Starks do, even when it gets their heads knicked off for it. Honor and all that.

Catelyn Stark even comments on how disappointing it was in meeting the cause of such a political mistake - that Jeyne wasn't anything great in personality or looks (mildly pretty at best). She even went so far as to muse that at least she had good hips for childbearing.

People complain that Jeyne in the books was nothing spectacular and so they changed her into this Talisa character but really the entire point of why Jeyne was who she was seems to be lost on everyone, the show writers included.

Another thing that the Westerling storyline had is that her siblings kind of became a surrogate family to Robb. Her brothers and sisters kind of filled in for Robbs missing brothers and sisters. Cat mentioned this and it made sense but they would have had to add another 6 characters to really pull it off and thats probaly why it got dropped.

It's a shame that the more character development they give Robb in the show the less people like him, I was devastated at the RW reading the book but won't be so much now. I can't really put my finger on it because I love Richard Madden. I just felt much more attached to Robb when I didn't hear so much about him!! Maybe it is because he was so much younger in the book you admire his achievements

more.

It's a shame that the more character development they give Robb in the show the less people like him,

Heh, maybe that's the benefit of the book, that Robb is just out of focus enough so that the reader can't quite grasp how badly he's screwing everything up.

[mod] Folks, let's be clear: wishing rape on a fictional character is not allowed on this board.

You don't have to agree with that policy. You do have to respect it.

[/mod]

Archived