[Book Spoilers] Talisa

Mark Antony

I don't know. Being a spy requires a lot of intelligence, and Talisa always has a derpy face on. Seriously, she always looks like she was dropped on her head several times as a child.

Also, how the HELL does she not know where Winterfell is? Isn't she a noblewoman?

Of course, it could be an act.

I know, her being a spy would be kinda predictable, but at least it would give the character something interesting to do instead of stand around, mouth breathing.

FUCK YOU TALISA THAT SCENE WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME WITH CAT ADVISING ROBB WITHOUT YOU INTERRUPTING HER AND GIVING HIM BATTLE ADVICE

FUCK YOU TALISA AND FUCK WHOEVER CREATED YOU

Look, no need for the caps. I get people don't like Talisa because she's not Jeyne Westerling, but I think people look for faults deliberately with Talisa now. I wish people could be more balanced about it. Like me.

What she said....

Also, if Catelyn had loved Jon Snow, Charlie Chaplin wouldn't have impregnated one of his wives which eventually leads us to Oona.

And, DON'T EVEN LOOK AT CATELYN, TALISA, YOU'RE THE COUSIN OLIVER OF GOT. STFU, AND GO MEND SOME FLESH SOMEWHERE. ASSHOLE.

well, I feel better....

That's a bit harsh as well. No need to say she shouldn't have been born, even as a joke. Seems a bit...childish?

I am not so sure that Jeyne Westerling doesn't have a future in the books that Talisa might end up following as well too. Jeyne was clearly not part of her mother's plot against Robb and she was trying to get pregnant. The descriptions of Jeyne by Catelyn and Jaime are different in the book, so what if they are not the same person? What if the Blackfish managed to sneak out of Riverrun with a pregnant Jeyne Westerling leaving another girl behind?

Just speculation, but it would add to the plot if Robb actually ends up with a legitimate heir.

I was okay with the Talisa change (which I saw before the book) because her and Robb had some serious chemistry in Season 2. I liked Robb falling in love with someone who questioned his reasons and fleshed him out more. After reading ASOS I saw the problem but still thought they could have fixed it by telling Robb about Bran and Rickon before he slept with Talisa and wondered why the writers didn't do that. It would have taken a five minute scene for both him and Cat. And it would give Cat more reasons to let Jaime free.

Season 3 - the honeymoon is clearly over between those two. I get that Robb is burnt out and having problems with his kingdom and his men. But when she comes to kiss him by the fireplace and Bolton interrupts, he kisses her back but doesn't put his arms around her. When she is standing by the map this episode admitting she doesn't know where Winterfell is (WTF REALLY?), he takes her hand and starts to show her. She is looking at him like she wants to jump his bones and Robb pays that no mind before suddenly getting distracted by Casterly Rock.

And if she doesn't know where Winterfell is, nor is she from Westeros, she shouldn't give Robb ANY war advice. That should have been Catelyn saying all that.

I don't know if she's a spy but its sad that they screwed up Robb's wonderful character from S1-2 to have this foreign woman that he doesn't even seem that attracted to. Considering the lusty, longing looks he gave her last season vs. this season - so so sad. Catelyn warned him a marriage built would last longer but I figured they'd remain in the honeymoon stage for the remaining months.

It pisses me off that most people are like 'whatever Red Wedding' when it was so devasting in the book. Too many fans have been turned off of show!Robb and show!Cat to even care anymore.

I am not so sure that Jeyne Westerling doesn't have a future in the books that Talisa might end up following as well too. Jeyne was clearly not part of her mother's plot against Robb and she was trying to get pregnant. The descriptions of Jeyne by Catelyn and Jaime are different in the book, so what if they are not the same person? What if the Blackfish managed to sneak out of Riverrun with a pregnant Jeyne Westerling leaving another girl behind?

Just speculation, but it would add to the plot if Robb actually ends up with a legitimate heir.

She's at the RW which to me says that since D&D know the fate of the book characters, its unlikely that Robb has an heir or they'll have her hostage at the Twins since Talisa is going to be at the RW.

Look, no need for the caps. I get people don't like Talisa because she's not Jeyne Westerling, but I think people look for faults deliberately with Talisa now. I wish people could be more balanced about it. Like me.

Yeah, I don't think I could have been clearer as to my reasons for disliking the character Talisa, which have nothing whatsoever to do with either the actress, or the fact that the character is not bookJayne. Perhaps the reason someone choses to post in caps is because the are tired of their arguments being sidelined and/or poo-poohed by those more "

balanced" arguments which would, more often than not, suggest there is something amiss if one does not like whatever character.

As for wishing the actress had never been born, seriously? Just seriously. I can't.

I don't see why people assume Talisa dying at the RW would say anything about Jeyne's fate. They're going to make up their own things as they have all along. They know they'll catch up before GRRM finishes the series and they will probably give it their own ending. /shrug. I don't take anything on the show as spoilers.

I don't see why people assume Talisa dying at the RW would say anything about Jeyne's fate. They're going to make up their own things as they have all along. They know they'll catch up before GRRM finishes the series and they will probably give it their own ending. /shrug. I don't take anything on the show as spoilers.

Ive never bought the Jeyne still pregnant theory, but I think it's fairly safe to assume that her son will not have a major role in the books if Talisa dies. Not to say that it's impossible, just makes it more unlikely, because the son of the King in the North would be a major potential political tool in the books, and therefore the series.

I agree. I don't know why people make theories based on the show. They've already killed minor characters that are still alive in the books and that became more important. I don't take anything on the show as spoilers or foreshadowing, neither. At least not now, maybe in season 6 or 7 if TWoW hasn't been published, then I will consider it spoiler. But now? nope.

If Talisa is a spy then there is not going to be a RW, the moment that Tyrion weds Sansa Stark, Tywin would order Talisa to poison Robb. The North has no leader that is opposing Tywin except Robb at this point. If he dies the North surrenders at this point do they not?

Excellent point!!

I don't know. Being a spy requires a lot of intelligence, and Talisa always has a derpy face on. Seriously, she always looks like she was dropped on her head several times as a child.

This is just too fucking far. I understand disliking the character, but this is just attacking the actress, which is seriously not cool.

I think Oona is adorable and now that I saw someone suggest her for Arianne Martell, I wish they had saved her for that role. She could kill that. But the Talisa character is falling flat now that she's not just sassing Robb and questioning him then seducing him. Makes me think he shouldn't have 'bought the cow' and just got the milk for free (not an insult to the actress or calling the character a cow - its a pun from the 'don't buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free' joke)

I don't think she will be killed because the Jeyne Westerling being pregnant theory is pretty high up there in the possibilities.

Robb having an heir may happen and Talisa would have to live for this.

I'm pretty sure GRRM himself disproved this theory in an interview, didn't he? The dfference in description was pointed out to him and his response amounted to "whoops lol that was a mistake".

Archived