[Book Spoilers] Talisa

Mark Antony

I'm not really taking sides here but saying someone is useless but at least she's good looking is not the same as thinking all women are useless and only good to look at.

You're right, and that's not what I was saying. I was referring mostly to the whole "I have a dick, so obviously I want to see her naked. That's all she's good for." Thing. There's a clear divide between saying someone is useless, yet good looking, and saying something as blatantly sexist as that. It's a pretty clear division...

I hope Roose gets to kill her also, Get his body count up.

Thus, earning him the right to be Overlord of the North. Is it me or is there and anti-Talisa Fan Club around? xD

In any case, she is cannon fodder, her usefulness in the show as well as in the books ends with Robb's fate at the RW unless she grows a belly with a little wolfie. Outside of that she is as dead as Ned Stark has been.

I don't think she's a spy but I hope she is one. Would automatically eliminate the ridiculous fan created idea that Talisa will replace Jeyne Poole.

Now that would a good outcome to see... she being captured and kept alive in order to marry her to Ramsay...

That wouldn't be good at all, because that situation is horrifying enough without people feeling smug and happy about the way the Jeyne Poole-equivilant is treated because they dislike her character. Ugh ugh ugh, talk about skeevy.

That wouldn't be good at all, because that situation is horrifying enough without people feeling smug and happy about the way the Jeyne Poole-equivilant is treated because they dislike her character. Ugh ugh ugh, talk about skeevy.

I like your sentiments, sir.

I have a love-hate thing with Talisa. She has her moments, imo, but if she turns out to be a spy all of those moments are rendered useless for me and then I'm left with what I think is a kind of lame plot point.

So far, the show has offered no proof that Talisa is a spy - the information attributed to her could have come from a combination of Roose and people observing troop movements.

I don't understand why people want her to be a spy. Yes, it would be a plot twist and a surprise. But is it anything besides a plot twist to you?

I don't want her to be a spy because I think Robbs story is already dark enough and sad enough. It is one thing for Robb to marry for love and lose alliances and get himself beheaded by his bannermen. But it is just entirely pathetic for Robb to fall for a honeypot and play into Tywin's manipulations for 2 seasons before Tywin decides to stop toying with him and launches RW. The second scenario has echoes in Ramsay's treatment of Theon and Jon's treatment of Ygritte, but do we really need those echoes? We have so much betrayal, so many lies, can't we also have genuine love?

I see Robb's storyline as being one of "good intentions aren't enough". Spy Talisa pushes Robb's storyline into more of "good guys are chumps", which isn't as satisfying a storyline for me.

thank you. I am surprised more posters don't share this view. Being a chump is half of it, "bad guys have all their plans work out perfectly" is the other.

IMHO, Robb Stark marrying a random girl in the middle of the campaign is barely to be believed. Having that same girl in fact being a spy crosses the boundary into farce.

There's some convincing evidence for her being a spy, but some is also reaching.

Her lack of an accent is sketchy to me, as well as her initially saying she doesn't understand Westerosi customs but then going on to openly participate in them is another. And how does a girl wind up in Robb's camp, of all camps? I just want to know why Robb's camp specifically, and then I'll be fine.

And how does a girl wind up in Robb's camp, of all camps? I just want to know why Robb's camp specifically, and then I'll be fine.

Because she heard he was the Lord's chosen one? Or she probably knew that Lannister and Stark soldiers alike would need a cute nurse for when Robb passed by and secure them a Life insurance to captives and keep them from being flayed. In any case, we can't forget she is a good writer and knows the westerosi procedures to deliver messages and stuff.

There's some convincing evidence for her being a spy, but some is also reaching.

Her lack of an accent is sketchy to me, as well as her initially saying she doesn't understand Westerosi customs but then going on to openly participate in them is another. And how does a girl wind up in Robb's camp, of all camps? I just want to know why Robb's camp specifically, and then I'll be fine.

How does a woman travel from Volantis to end up as a nurse in the middle of Westeros with no friends. family, nor belonging to any service society (Such as the Silent Sisters), and from what logic would dictate, no money? The tale is sketchy and full of plotholes.

How does a woman travel from Volantis to end up as a nurse in the middle of Westeros with no friends. family, nor belonging to any service society (Such as the Silent Sisters), and from what logic would dictate, no money? The tale is sketchy and full of plotholes.

Gahh. At this point, I'm not sure if I'd prefer the gaping plotholes and false leads and having her just be some random woman, or for her to be a spy and not a very good one at that...

FUCK YOU TALISA THAT SCENE WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME WITH CAT ADVISING ROBB WITHOUT YOU INTERRUPTING HER AND GIVING HIM BATTLE ADVICE

FUCK YOU TALISA AND FUCK WHOEVER CREATED YOU

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdrzey04G21qjoecd.gif

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/760/085/applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/754962/applause-o.gif

For me this episode added a lot a lot of credence to the spy theory.

First of all, she doesn't know where winterfell is. Whut?

Second, you need to rewatch the scene with the map. There is one moment where she gives a very intriguing look, and guides Robb's hand towards Casterly rock.

I view Talisa with complete indifference. The only thing that would change that would be a horrific death at the RW, maybe something similar to Dacey Mormont's death. If she turns out to be a Lannister spy or she manages to somehow escape back to Riverrun and make further appearances later in the show, then I will continue to be completely indifferent towards her.

I view Talisa with complete indifference. The only thing that would change that would be a horrific death at the RW, maybe something similar to Dacey Mormont's death. If she turns out to be a Lannister spy or she manages to somehow escape back to Riverrun and make further appearances later in the show, then I will continue to be completely indifferent towards her.

Mmmm your thought is not that bad.... I forgot Dacey Mormont was meant to die at the RW and if I am not mistake she had a crush on Robb.... She was the equivalent of Brienne of Tarth as one of Robb Starks closest advisors if my memory doesn't fail me that is.

Archived