[Book Spoilers] Talisa

Mark Antony

I don't think she's a spy, especially after this latest episode.

Why would a spy try to persuade Robb to keep Karstark alive because they need his men to win the war? That doesn't make any sense... a spy would subtly encourage him to do exactly what he did; kill Karstark and throw his army into disarray.

I suppose there is always the "she's actually been won over to his side, but is still somehow forced/blackmailed into providing Tywin with info" theory to fallback on, but this seems a stretch with no evidence to support it (in a show that tends to foreshadow everything).

I am also not convinced that how "quickly" Tywin learned of the Karstark men leaving is any sort of proof. First of all, we don't actually know how "quickly" it was. Second, how exactly would Talisa get word to Tywin faster than say, a forward scout with a raven? Half of Robb's army marching off is not exactly something that requires an inner-circle spy to observe.

Too much hatred on one character on this thread...Lols, what is this with the capslock and insults, tumblr?

If she was a spy then she'd be Robb's Shae/Jorah, and that'd get repetitive. 3 Love interest characters' betrayal in ONE season? Too much.

And here I thought Ros was the GOT's Scrappy Doo! Lol

If anything, I'm wondering how will the story pan out. I'm indifferent to her,,,Same thing to Jeyne in the book. Yet if she's gonna be in the RW...

But I hate that theory of her taking on the Jeyne Poole role. Or Ros. Jeyne Poole should be played by Jeyne Poole, end of story.

One thing for sure is that I'll miss Richard Madden like hell after this season. :(

^^ Oona could have just been learning to use a bow for fun.

I really don't think they're going to dramatically change the RW. D&D have made lots of changes, but they've generally nailed the big 'events' (Ned's death, Blackwater, Dracarys), and they've repeatedly stated that the RW is THE scene they wanted to make the show for, so I'm confident it will be excellent, Talisa or not.

Except they have pretty much screwed the pooch on the set up for the RW, which is sort of why the RW is so powerful. But that is just my 5 cents

Too much hatred on one character on this thread...Lols, what is this with the capslock and insults, tumblr?

If she was a spy then she'd be Robb's Shae/Jorah, and that'd get repetitive. 3 Love interest characters' betrayal in ONE season? Too much.

And here I thought Ros was the GOT's Scrappy Doo! Lol

If anything, I'm wondering how will the story pan out. I'm indifferent to her,,,Same thing to Jeyne in the book. Yet if she's gonna be in the RW...

But I hate that theory of her taking on the Jeyne Poole role. Or Ros. Jeyne Poole should be played by Jeyne Poole, end of story.

One thing for sure is that I'll miss Richard Madden like hell after this season. :(

Too much hate about a character in a thread specifically about said character.

I don't know whether she's a spy or not because every time she wanders in to mess up another Robb scene, my eyes just glaze over.

I've got no problem with compressing or even cutting subplots, I've got no problem with combining characters, but I have a real problem with nonsense characters like Talisa being invented and given endless screentime.

p.s. all my hate is for Talisa not for Oona Chaplin. I agree that she could probably do a fine Arianne Martell.

Of course she is a spy... Who is she writing letters to? The show keeps showing her and Tywin with letters, so that's one suggestion.

She lied about being a fisherman's daughter, she says "my lord" not "milord" suggestings she's noble. She also lacks an accent of the free cities like Syrio or Shae.

Roose wasn't in camp when Karstark got axed, so he's not the spy.

Alo she claims to be unaware of Westerosi customs, but knows the wedding words and what supplies a maester will have.

A cute female makes a perfect insider...

My guess is that talisa is a combination of all the westerlings because it's jut easier that way.

You know, she might be a spy. There's no reason for her to be shown writing letters. That's stuck with me ever since I saw her do that. But, I really think she will take the place of Jeyne Poole, and be sent to Ramsay. It fits perfectly for Theon's redemption arc. he would save the wife of his best friend who he betrayed.

Oooh, that will be satisfying to legions of Talisa haters. I can't wait for her to try the 'sassy nurse talks back' routine on Ramsey..

Em, they've already made Roose preferable to Robb. If Ramsay (who is brilliantly psychotic) gets his hands on Talisa, the Bolton's might become the best House ever.

Worst character in the adaptation, hands down. At least Ros didn't exist in the books. Shae is bad, but she hasn't totally tainted Tyrion's character - Talisa has so with Robb. Most cheesy, ludicrous relationship in the show all starting with their cliche banter on the battlefield where she talked to him like a commoner. Her and Robb combined have made me and my nonbook reader friends hate TV Robb's cause and I hear viewers all the time say stuff like, "I hope that Roose guy puts Robb in his place, he's such an idiot." I don't know what the writers were thinking with this. Maybe it really did look great on paper, but I doubt it.

I wouldn't mind her being a spy, but if she is, we know it's going to be the whole "spy that fell in love" cliche. Yuck. And she's at the RW this season, isn't she? Hopefully she gets the axe or replaces Jeyne Poole. Oona Chaplin is actually a good actress - she'd probably like that role. Much more interesting than what she's doing now.

I don't think anyone deserves rape or torture, especially by Ramsay, but I bet the actress would like to continue in the show and take the place of Jeyne Poole rather than die. But she'll most likely die at the RW.

Really? Because I thought that no-one knew who Roose was. He's only been in the show for 10 minutes. Has he even been given his first name on the show?

True. Lots of people say, "one of those adults he's with should put him in his place." And now since Karstark's gone...but on forums, plenty of the Unsullied know who Roose is.

I love Talissa. D and D really improved Jeyne

I don't like Talisa, but then, I didn't like Jeyne either. But other than people being pissed because of Robb's poor decisions with Jeyne -- and then Talisa -- I don't get the hate.

Jeyne was a complete non-entity in the books, and you really couldn't do that with the show. That's a flaw in the source material, if anything. Having Robb marry some bump on a log with no personality would have made him look ridiculous, so they replaced her with Talisa. And like her or not, at least she seems to have a real personality, motivations, etc., and makes a more plausible bride than did empty-head, no personality Jeyne.

Is Talissa pregnant? Some people stop having sex after the woman gets pregnant. Maybe that is the reason the relationship between Robb and his wife has kind of cooled off like some people have noted. The whole producing an heir thing has not come up yet so who can say.

At least Talisa has some depth to her character, unlike Jeyne Westerling who was criminally underdeveloped. I always felt that given her position we should have seen more of her, and given the hate that Talisa gets I'm surprised there's almost noone that seems to remember Jeyne's completely unimportant role in the books. All she acted as was as a means of breaking the Frey alliance. So far as I can tell, Talisa has done this job just as well, but with more of a back story to her and Robbb's relationship, with the added question of 'is she a spy'?

Honestly, I hope she is a traitor because Robb lost this war completely because of her. He broke his vow to his greatest one of his greatest allies, by marring her. If she's a spy that played him then actually in my eyes Robb is actually less stupid.

Which would be worse, destroying you family and war completely because of the girl, or being completely played meaning she was purposefully pulling every string. I just don't want to see evil win over true love, which if Talisa was innocent and truely loved Robb then it would and that would be sad.

Honestly, I hope she is a traitor because Robb lost this war completely because of her. He broke his vow to his greatest one of his greatest allies, by marring her. If she's a spy that played him then actually in my eyes Robb is actually less stupid.

Which would be worse, destroying you family and war completely because of the girl, or being completely played meaning she was purposefully pulling every string. I just don't want to see evil win over true love, which if Talisa was innocent and truely loved Robb then it would and that would be sad.

That's kind of like asking if you want to be the dumbest person in a country or the dumbest person in the world. Most people would pick the country, but either way, you're still incredibly stupid.

Archived