Jon Snow Dramatic Irony

AchillesReborn

We all know L+R=J is most likely the truth.

We Also know a-lot of Targaryeans seem to like incest.

What if this is the bittersweet ending?

Jon and Danny become King and Queen to live happily ever after, but GRRM confirms to all of us that they are related, while no one in the actual story knows?

Aegon and Dant are going to die. Jon will make it in the end given the foreshadowing and plot armor.

Jon's plot armor I believe only extends to how effective his actions are and how lasting the consequences of said actions will be. If he is indeed dead as a result of the stabbings the reactions to that death will reshape the balance of power at the Wall.

If he ultimately survives the traitorous, cowardly actions of the treasonous pile of excrement that is Bowen Marsh and Co. then Jon will still die before the end of ASoIaF... but it won't be a totally tragic death.

Jon and Danny become King and Queen to live happily ever after, but GRRM confirms to all of us that they are related, while no one in the actual story knows?

That is impossible, GRRM does not use the ominisent narrative mode. Somebody in the story must know for us to know.

What you don't think they will meet at the climax? On the battlefield...

That is impossible, GRRM does not use the ominisent narrative mode. Somebody in the story must know for us to know.

Not necessary, he could just give us enough hints to prove it, and kill off all the characters who know. :cough: Ned :cough:

I don't think that'll happen. Jon and Dany are foils to each other, and they wouldn't last as a couple.

I think the 'foil to each other' and 'perfect for each other' arguments have about the same merit. If in fact they do end up they will fulfill the series title, same goes if they fight with each other since sometimes song is meant as fight (song of swords...)

Also, I think Jon would teach her humility and she would inspire him to be more kingly.... I hate that its all so speculative and fanfiction/shippy but we deal with the popular theories here and that's my thought on SnowStorm... i hate ship naming but that's just too sugary cute to pass up...

There's only two books left, and the turning point is already reached, so things are starting to wind down. If Jon & Dany were going to meet, they would have already.

It's kind of hard for them to meet when they are on different continent's. I would say it is much more likely they will meet once Dany reaches Westeros.

There's only two books left, and the turning point is already reached, so things are starting to wind down. If Jon & Dany were going to meet, they would have already.

Surely you don't wind down near the end of a story, you ramp up to a climax.

Surely you don't wind down near the end of a story, you ramp up to a climax.

Right, and the climax is usually only reached in the last half of the last book, after which there'll be a bit for wrapping up, depending on how many loose ends need tying up.

A really ironic point, if R+L=J holds, is his answer to Arya why he too wasn't sparring with Joffrey: "Bastards are not allowed to damage young princes". He just might have gotten wrong who was who in that pairing...

barring a verifiable marriage between Lyanna and Rhaegar that wouldn't be annulled because, y'know, he was already married... Jon would still be a bastard.

A really ironic point, if R+L=J holds, is his answer to Arya why he too wasn't sparring with Joffrey: "Bastards are not allowed to damage young princes". He just might have gotten wrong who was who in that pairing...

Ah yeah, that quote is a gem.

barring a verifiable marriage between Lyanna and Rhaegar that wouldn't be annulled because, y'know, he was already married... Jon would still be a bastard.

Since Targs have been polygamously married in Westeros before, precedent would not be against such a marriage.

I don't think the prospect of Jon meeting Dany should be dismissed at this stage. Especially with there being quite a lot of wolf/Jon Snow allusions throughout Dany's story so far. A lot of talk whether Dany will die or not, but what might be more pertinent to Westeros is whether the dragons live or die.

Not if he took two wives. Aegon l did and other Targs as well iirc.

Not if he took two wives. Aegon l did and other Targs as well iirc.

I know, I just always took it to be a special allowance made for them because they were in power, and that's clearly not the case anymore, so I see no reason why polygamy would be accepted, it sure isn't for anyone else.

Archived