Tyrell vs Martell

The Crow

Neither Kingdom could invade the other, so assuming it's open battle on neutral ground, I would predict a Tyrell victory due to numbers and resources.

In saying that, I would side with the Martells anyway, come out of battle a hero and spend my days whoring through all the awesomely-named castles. Hellholt, Starfall, Ghost Hill, Kingsgrave, Sunspear. Then I'd go broke and finish up in Ghaston Grey.

The Tyrells couldn't possibly invade Dorne, but they enact a blockade to prevent trade. A few thousand men at the Princes Pass and the Boneway plus a naval blockade Sunspear and the Planky Town. This would surely starve Dorne as they can't possibly feed themselves.

Having said that, this is discussion about whose side you would be on so I'm going for the Martells. For the food if nothing else.

Martell's all the way... Though i do like the Tyrell family, or i admire their more humanistic and modest side to them that other houses and lords don't seem to really have. The martells though are just to cool and they are Prince's and Princesses, meaning they have never been conquered. Obeyrn, Doran and the sand snakes are all cool characters as well, compared to the Tyrell family where we have Margary (little bit boring for me), Loras (interesting), Mace (stupid) haven't met the rest... the only tyrell's who hold some greater significance for me is Garlan (simply because of his fighting prowess and his good nature) and TQOT who i don't even like that much but i admit she plays the game well and she isn't technically a Tyrell (Redwyne)

Are we choosing who would win in a battle or who we like better? I definitely like the Martells better, but I think the Tyrells would win in battle due to their far greater numbers. And also the main reason Dorne was never conquered was because they married into the Targaryen dynasty. Also because Rhaeneys was on her way to conquer Dorne when she was called away to help fight elsewhere.

Are we choosing who would win in a battle or who we like better? I definitely like the Martells better, but I think the Tyrells would win in battle due to their far greater numbers. And also the main reason Dorne was never conquered was because they married into the Targaryen dynasty. Also because Rhaeneys was on her way to conquer Dorne when she was called away to help fight elsewhere.

Dorne was occupied for awhile by Dareon before it rebelled and threw them out in two weeks, its just too hard to hold. Still, Dorne could never take the Reach, and yeah the Tyrells could try blockade it with help of the Redwyne fleet, so things dont look too good for the Martells. But I cant see Dorne being held for too long. Dorne forever!

Through warfare, the Tyrells would never win, and I mean win as in conquering Dorne.

But maybe through isolating the place using the Redwyne fleet we would see a decrease in trade and an isolated and starving Dorne.

One thing is clear, Dorne has no chance of taking the fight to the reach tough.

Dorne is badass, and so are the Martells

I like them

and I hate the Tyrells, the only useful thing they did ok was killing Joffrey and let's remember LF's finger is in the middle

I hate Mace Tyrell

I'm not big on the Tyrells either, although the QOT is awesome. But technically she isn't even a Tyrell.

I'm not big on the Tyrells either, although the QOT is awesome. But technically she isn't even a Tyrell.

yes, she's a Redwyne :D

I think Tyrells emblem really silly too, a golden rose, hahahaha

I laughed hard when QOT told in the series that House Tyrell is silly, with silly words and a silly golden rose, lol

Who would you side with if they fought? Why?

Tyrell for me, i think there family is pretty cool...especially Margaery.

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken is enough of a reason for me to choose them. Add in the RV, and Prince Dorans badass plotting and that easily puts them over the top, for me.

Martells... they represent open minded Mediterranean culture with Maorish influence

And I hate Tyrells... they are slimy schemers and turncloaks

At first they were Targaryen Loyalist, and then Friends of Robert, some time after they decided to support Renly and in the end they decided to side with the Lannisters and now they want to take the Throne to themselves

yes, I couldn't agree more

They are the most turncloacks in the story

At first they were Targaryen Loyalist, and then Friends of Robert, some time after they decided to support Renly and in the end they decided to side with the Lannisters and now they want to take the Throne to themselves

yes, I couldn't agree more

They are the most turncloacks in the story

Don't forget they were stewards of house Gardener before Targs came

Archived