[book spoilers] Ep. 10 Synopsis revealed

Mancos Seaworth

Here's what I think happens with Jon and Sam in the finale:

First, I should have learned my lesson last season when they didn't cast Ramsay and I was tying myself in knots trying to figure out how they'd introduce him during the season, knowing that Winterfell was going to be burnt down in the finale. They just wrote around it because they were going to wait to introduce the character in the following season.

Clearly, they are doing the same thing with Coldhands. I didn't think there was any way they could get around introducing him if we knew Sam was going to meet up with Bran and co in the finale. But the answer is that, of course, they're just writing around Sam needing to meet him before crossing over into the Nightfort. He's established now that he knows about the secret entrance from reading about it. They've also established that Bran is gung ho about going beyond the Wall so he won't need any coaxing to take the passage from Sam.

This way, Bran can simply run into Coldhands next season once they're on their journey. I still think that Coldhands will be there, they wouldn't have bothered to include the scene at the weirwood tree with Sam and the mass of ravens if it wasn't leading to his eventual introduction. I do however, wonder what they're going to do with Rast (if anything) and Sam since they certainly set it up that Rast would be coming after him again (I assumed this would be in wight form but at this point I don't know what the plan would be.)

In terms of Jon, the shot of Ygritte letting an arrow fly is in the hilly environment of the Gift, not at Castle Black so my guess is that her and Tormund are able to track Jon and she decides that she is firmly against him now and injures him with the arrow as he's escaping just as she does in the books. We know that the Magnar of Thenn is being cast for S4 and that the audition tape shows him in a conversation with both Tormund and Ygritte. My guess is that the Wildlings will be regrouping at the start of S4 and meeting up with more (where Magnar will be intro'd) and then we'll get the skirmish at Castle Black where Ygritte is killed.

I think the shot in the preview of Sam with Pyp is them looking down at a wounded Jon as he barely makes it back to Castle Black. Sam must have found a way to get there after meeting Bran at the Nightfort (because there's no good reason I can think of that Pyp would be anywhere besides Castle Black) and that will be one of the last scenes from Jon's story in S3.

That's definitely what I'm thinking as well right now..

The show has to keep some exciting material for next seasons so to me it makes more sense if CH perhaps rescues Bran and Co. from a hoard of WW's in place of Sam/Gilly who already had their climactic scene so from a TV standpoint it might not be the best idea to have a season of Hodor and company trotting with a guy on an Elk beyond the wall (some cool stuff does happen but the storyline really doesn't pick up until they reach BR) so that is a good way to spice up his storyline next season during their journey which could very well last the entirety if they aren't going to introduce any AFFC/ADWD material before S5.

I see the Hound fighting in daylight in the trailer but I'm assuming they may save the Inn encounter with Polliver until next season so perhaps it's Frey Men which would be awesome. It's been so long since I've read the book so I don't remember exactly what happens in the RW aftermath between Arya/Sandor but it clearly shows they'll have two scenes in the upcoming episode - one directly after with Arya observing the chaos/burning tents and one the day after which shows Sandor at arms. Looking forward to that to carry us into next season.

And I see Daenerys is loosing her dragons again rather than the show spending CGI money on having Arya free Grey Wind so he can maul a handful of men at the RW.. shame.. the dragon CGI has been fantastic though and is a bit better than the wolf CGI to me but I'd imagine it's a lot easier to generate a smoother more unnatural looking creature than try to replicate a near horse size wolf - understandable.

I think Stannis will stop the sacrifice as opposed to Gendry being hidden away. He may accompany them to the wall

Also not to lean either way but Joffrey doesnt need to be killed at his wedding. Just dinner would serve the same purpose

Joffrey does need to be killed at his wedding. If D&D changed the PW to not include Joff's death, I would be quite upset.

Joffrey does need to be killed at his wedding. If D&D changed the PW to not include Joff's death, I would be quite upset.

I didn't mean have the wedding without him being killed. I meant he can be killed at something else, even just at dinner. Wouldn't change the story at all. Having Jaime present at his death would change it though

I am interested mostly in fate of Brynden Tully, I don't want him cut out.

If they wanted to kill him, they'd have already killed him. No reason to have him miss the RW slaughter in the hall and then just have him die offscreen outside.

If they wanted to kill him, they'd have already killed him. No reason to have him miss the RW slaughter in the hall and then just have him die offscreen outside.

It would not shock me to see a quick shot during the opening scene of the finale which surveys the massacre of the Red Wedding of the Blackfish desperately fleeing or crawling out of the river.

What is Bran's ghost story about

I'm almost positive that he'll be telling the story of the Night's King in the show, and I think it's a simple choices of the writers looking forward rather than looking back. The story of the Rat Cook obviously has relevance to the Red Wedding, but the show has already passed over the niceties of guest right, and explaining it after the fact would just be a way to fill space (I think most viewers already know that what the Freys deserve to be condemned by both gods and men for what they did).

The Night's King has much more symbolic importance to Bran's story going forward. A man of the Night's Watch traveled beyond the wall, took an Other to wife, and ruled as a tyrant ... he was a Stark of Winterfell and his name was Bran ... all that is much more ominous and immediately relevant to Bran's future (because we know the White Walkers are rising again). It establishes a sense of foreboding for the viewer going forward ... what else Bran find once he travels beyond the wall? And will he lose himself the way the Night's King did before he can complete his journey ?

Man the next episode looks like it's going to be clusterfuck, luckily the episode is listed for 70 minutes on my guide. Take out the "inside the episode" and recap it'll probably be around 60 minutes.

I think S4 will be a clusterfuck. They spend a lot of time with slow scenes in S3, but S4 has a lot of action that will either be rushed, ignored, or cheaply done......But naturally HBO must have its sex scenes.......

I think S4 will be a clusterfuck. They spend a lot of time with slow scenes in S3, but S4 has a lot of action that will either be rushed, ignored, or cheaply done......But naturally HBO must have its sex scenes.......

What the hell are you even talking about? Did you just play Mad Libs with random book purist complaints and spit out this little gem as a result?

Think we will get Lady Stoneheart in the finale? Honestly i think it would be best way to end season on a wtf moment instead of using boring dany does something amazing and cool which is most likely and Lady Stoneheart will be next season :(.

What the hell are you even talking about? Did you just play Mad Libs with random book purist complaints and spit out this little gem as a result?

No, I felt that the first few episodes were poorly done. If the PW were held until next season, it would chew up valuable time. My point is, the second half of the book has a lot of great moments and it should be relieved by getting the weddings out of the way in S3. I felt the first couple of episodes were rushed, and my concern is that many of the goods scenes in the second half of the book will also be rushed. The sex comment is in regards to the fact that HBO pours it on but rushes important scenes.

In S4 one would expect to see:

Jon's rise to power in the NW

Tyrion's imprisonment and the trial combined with the Red Viper's brief alliance with Tyrion

Sansa finally leaving KL and her time at the Eerie

Ayra

Bran/Jojen/Myra

Jaime and Brienne

Dorne

Dany's meandering path across the narrow seas

Thrusting the PW into the series, I think, would crunch time. How many episodes are they airing? Any word if they are expanding the time block? It is my opinion that the series would be better off beginning with Tyrion's imprisonment. Whatever they chose to do, they will do. It just seems to me that holding too much information out of S3 could lead to S4 either missing chunks or rushed.

Archived