[book spoilers] Ep. 10 Synopsis revealed

Mancos Seaworth

I think so too. But it's a bad decision if he's back before the PW. How are they going to explain the Sansa business?

Well where is he going to take her after her brother and mother are killed? I know in the books he sends Brienne off to find her but that's only after she's missing

Trying to figure what they'd do if/when Jaime/Brienne get back to KL before the wedding.

Maybe the Tyrell's find out that Jaime/Brienne plan to take Sansa and they still want her as one of the Joff killer suspects, so Margaery manipulates Joffrey into imprisoning Brienne for killing Renly, Jaime can't free her soon enough so he directly vows to take Sansa back to her mother but can only do it after the wedding. Sansa doesn't know the "Kingslayer" has changed and still goes along with Dontos/who ever they have planned to take her to LF.

Well where is he going to take her after her brother and mother are killed? I know in the books he sends Brienne off to find her but that's only after she's missing

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Also she'll be married to Tyrion by then. Pretty much everyone in his family would be against him taking Sansa. It will cause some drama with Brienne and they could even write in an escape attempt in early s4 where Jaime gets Brienne off the hook.

Remind me folks, because I forget. Jaime sends Brienne to find Sansa at the end of ASOS - what does he expect to do with her once found?

Remind me folks, because I forget. Jaime sends Brienne to find Sansa at the end of ASOS - what does he expect to do with her once found?

Had to look it up on the wiki:

Jaime reveals his belief that Tyrion is innocent, and that the girl sent north with Steelshanks was not the real Arya Stark; his father has found some northern girl of a similar age and appearance, and with her immediate family dead or missing, there is no one to say otherwise. Ser Jaime then commands Brienne to find and protect Lady Catelyn’s daughters, as they had both pledged to do, and gives her the Valyrian sword he had so recently received from his father, explaining that it was forged from the metal taken from Eddard Stark's greatsword Ice, melted down after his execution, saying, "A sword so fine must bear a name. It would please me if you would call this one ‘Oathkeeper’....You'll be defending Ned Stark's daughter with Ned Stark's own steel... Sansa Stark is my last chance for honor."

So Find and protect I guess.

Problem with the PW plot is, if Sansa does "disappear" with Dontos. About half of KL will have guessed they have gone to LF and the Eyrie, as Varys and Oleanna have sussed him out, and I doubt they'd keep quiet about it, unless they genuinely want to protect her.

Problem with the PW plot is, if Sansa does "disappear" with Dontos. About half of KL will have guessed they have gone to LF and the Eyrie, as Varys and Oleanna have sussed him out, and I doubt they'd keep quiet about it, unless they genuinely want to protect her.

They Won't because LF is already gone, so Everyone thinks that he's already there or on his way there.

I agree, it is easy to guess based on LF's speech in The Climb. I didn't like how they seem to show Littlefinger playing his hand. That's so unLittlefinger. I always perceived him as the guy pretending to be everyone's pawn and that's how he plays them. Ie. His little 'suggestion' to Joffrey about the dwarves, Lysa, even Ned thought he was serving him.

That being said, I don't think either mind the Sansa disappearance, and since the QoT is directly involved in the PW.... I just don't think that them knowing it's LF will have any bearing. Varys is preparing Mission:Varys and QoT goes home after Margery is wed to Tommen. They would also have to explain that they knew something was up with LF, and why they didn't bring it up before.

edit: Clarity

They Won't because LF is already gone, so Everyone thinks that he's already there or on his way there.

You didn't read my statement very clearly. I wasn't talking about LF, I was talking about Sansa being TAKEN to LF. They're not gonna be like:

"Where is Sansa? Could she have gone to LF?"

"No, because LF is already gone, so he's clearly there."

"Yes, but where is Sansa?"

"Shut up! I told you, LF is gone!"

He still could be sending her after Arya only...still I have my doubts they will have Jaime come back by the end of the season...

I bet this is where it's going. There will be the RW in episode 9, than in episode 10 Jaime makes it back and his family are going to be celebrating the Starks' demise and be super happy to have Jaime around again... For like a minute. After that he starts pissing everyone off by acting differently than he used to, making demands about Sansa and choosing to be loyal to Brienne rather than his own folks.

Also she'll be married to Tyrion by then. Pretty much everyone in his family would be against him taking Sansa. It will cause some drama with Brienne and they could even write in an escape attempt in early s4 where Jaime gets Brienne off the hook.

This is true, it was always going to be an issue anyway. It's not like Sansa could just be taken away from her husband, I'd imagine.

You guys are funny. They fooled you with just a bit of synopsis - I hope you enjoy the PW in season 3 all the more for being surprised. I don't have a lot of faith in D&D, but even they couldn't fail to include the most obvious, ultimate cap on the season with the event they themselves have telegraphed in virtually every episode, including in episode 7. "Some Lannisters' gloating in King's Landing" would be a total abdication of good storytelling.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that D&D may make an idiotic mistake by not including the scene they've clearly built up the entire season, and which would conclude the season thematically in perfect form. But aside from the very short synopsis, there is no reason to believe (yet) that they're quite that dumb.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that D&D may make an idiotic mistake by not including the scene they've clearly built up the entire season, and which would conclude the season thematically in perfect form. But aside from the very short synopsis, there is no reason to believe (yet) that they're quite that dumb.

They would be stupid for attempting to squeeze it in this season. Mace Tyrell hasn't even been cast. Splitting aSoS into two seasons doesn't mean cram 90% of the book into one season.

They shouldn't care about the portions of the book being covered. They should care about their story, which has built up Margaery's wedding the entire season. There's plenty of stuff to explore in Season 4 even if they were afraid to go beyond aSoS. The lack of Mace doesn't seem essential to the wedding, you've got the QoT and a bunch of extras. Mace could come later when he wants to sieze more overt control.

Archived