[book spoilers] Ep. 10 Synopsis revealed

Mancos Seaworth

Uncat is nog certain, and Davos saving Gendry will be next season. Because they are at the wall in episode 9. What are they going to do the whole season?

There's no way whatsoever they can postpone the battle at the Castle Black until episode 9 next year. Particularly since they've got all the Lord Commander politicking to come after.

Anyway, the synopsis for Dragonstone is that mercy appears, which is pretty clearly Davos saving Gendry.

The PW wont happen in the finale simply because this episode will have too much to cover :

- Bran and Sam meeting and Coldhands.

- Jon back at Castle Black and exhange of news.

- Jaime and Brienne on the road.

- Davos smuggling Gendry and possible letter.

- Ramsay's reveal and possible legitimization.

- Arya and the Hound on the road.

- Mysha scene at Yunka'i.

- Littlefinger at the Eyrie.

- Iron Islands : maybe Balon's death and the Silence at the horizon.

- All the KL stuff, after the RW. Maybe throwing a line there about the arrival of the Red Viper.

- UnCat.

I don't think we'll get Littlefinger at the Eyrie. If Lysa was coming back for this season, we would have heard about it. And I think they gave him his speech about "The Climb" just so he would have an epic final scene for the season.

There's no way whatsoever they can postpone the battle at the Castle Black until episode 9 next year. Particularly since they've got all the Lord Commander politicking to come after.

Anyway, the synopsis for Dragonstone is that mercy appears, which is pretty clearly Davos saving Gendry.

They can. Season 4 will start the introduction of Styr. Then the battle at castle black will be around episode 5. And the big battle at the wall will be episode 9. Season 5 can be about who will be lord commander and will probably end around episode 3. Then the beginning of Jon being commander can begin. They won't look at the story per book, they look at it per character. And they already said that the battle will be at the end of the season.

Saving comes from a strange place. This isn't Davos. People think that the final will be 120 minutes long I guess. Look at 1x10 en 2x10. How much time did each character get? Not much. This season the amount of storylines that needs closure is even bigger than in season 2. Stannis won't be in episode 9. So we have 1 or 2 scenes with Stannis in episode 10. They need to discus the RW and Balon's death because of the leech scene. The saving is, Stannis saving Gendry because of 2 onions aren't 3 onions. That's the saving. And remember the books? Davos saves Gendry after Joffrey dies. not before. This is the same as people saying that PW will be in season 3. It can't, there need to be some preperation. And Stannis needs something to do in season 4.

I don't think we'll get Littlefinger at the Eyrie. If Lysa was coming back for this season, we would have heard about it. And I think they gave him his speech about "The Climb" just so he would have an epic final scene for the season.

It will, the actress has shot some scenes with LF and Robin.

The Battle at Castle Black will not be in this episode, of that I'm almost certain. But I wonder what they'll do, since The Magnar of Thenn has been cast for the next season, the same with our favorite Martell and Mace Tyrell. Will Tormund be all mad and stuff when Jon escapes, and he'll climb over the wall again to discuss with Mance, possibly in this episode? And in the next season Mance will send The Magnar, Ygritte and a bunch of wild things to CB. I hope so, because if they kill Tormund instead of The Magnar, I'll murder someone and cut off their members! I guess the battle at Castle Black is in episode 3 or something. The battle at The Wall will take place later on, and Stannis saving the day will probably happen in episode 8/9, while Jon will be elected in episode 10. That's what I imagine will be the case.

I really hope it will be something else (since I can't think of a way to convey the hit with the flat of the axe adequately).

Scenario-proposition: Arya and the Hound encounter the Clegane/Lannister men (tickler etc.) and and it seems like

they are going to take her captive (maybe the behaviour of the Hound even supporting this impression).

This would work well with Tywin/Bolton hinting that Arya is being sent North to be wed to Ramsay.

Then the next season can start of with Arya and Gregor slaying them.

They better not kill Tormund !!!

But I really dont think they will.

My guess is that yes, Tormund, Ygritte and co will go back over the Wall (off screen) and be reunited with Mance this season.

Then next season : first nocturnal assault at first (introduction of the Magnar), where Ygritte dies.

And further down the season, the real big battle !

they are going to take her captive (maybe the behaviour of the Hound even supporting this impression).

Imagine a scene where the Hound screams "Arya !" (and not wolf-girl, not girl, not child...) as she is taken captive and then, cut ! :cheers:

That would make for an awesome ending! Especially because even non-readers know

that the hound isn't going to give up easily and that there is definetly going to be a fight.

when they are taking arya, the hound has to be restrained, leaving arya unattended,

she takes Needle from Polliver and the slaughter begins :cool4:

Imagine a scene where the Hound screams "Arya !" (and not wolf-girl, not girl, not child...)

I don't think they are at Arya and Sandor basis until after they move out of the town in the books.

Not to mention, it took 7 episodes for Jaime and Brienne to call each other by name.

I don't think they are at Arya and Sandor basis until after they move out of the town in the books.

Not to mention, it took 7 episodes for Jaime and Brienne to call each other by name.

"Aaah, I'm passing out!"

"Kingslayer!"

"No, Jaime, my name is Jaime."

That part was a bit awkward. I hope there will be a lot of Arya and Sandor in the next season, and that the relationship will develop past the books to the point of them being somwhat friends, that Arya actually thinks he's not that bad. People would feel a stronger connection to this anti-hero who starts to become a protective father kind of type for her. And then he gets killed, because Martin. I would prefer this compared to Arya constantly thinking about killing the Hound.

The PW wont happen in the finale simply because this episode will have too much to cover :

- Bran and Sam meeting and Coldhands.

- Jon back at Castle Black and exhange of news.

- Jaime and Brienne on the road.

- Davos smuggling Gendry and possible letter.

- Ramsay's reveal and possible legitimization.

- Mysha scene at Yunka'i.

- Littlefinger at the Eyrie.

- Iron Islands : maybe Balon's death and the Silence at the horizon.

- All the KL stuff, after the RW. Maybe throwing a line there about the arrival of the Red Viper.

- UnCat.

First time poster here, but registered because I didn't see this HUGE bit of info anywhere else.

This week's TVGuide looks forward to next Sunday's finale and there is a one-page article about Jamie.

The article confirms in the first paragraph a massive change from the novels: Jamie returns to King's Landing in the season 3 finale.

I'm not sure about the policy here, but you can Google "Jamie Lannister season 3 finale tv guide" and fanpop has an image of the magazine page to confirm.

First time poster here, but registered because I didn't see this HUGE bit of info anywhere else.

This week's TVGuide looks forward to next Sunday's finale and there is a one-page article about Jamie.

The article confirms in the first paragraph a massive change from the novels: Jamie returns to King's Landing in the season 3 finale.

I'm not sure about the policy here, but you can Google "Jamie Lannister season 3 finale tv guide" and fanpop has an image of the magazine page to confirm.

Woah, didn't see that coming. I was pretty sure we would only see him on the road.

Well, there ya have it folks. The very first small scrap of evidence that the PW MAYYY just happen this season. Have a field day with it, all you fervent believers!

Hahaha, still doubt it, it seems more likely that they're just messing with the timeline a bit.

Woah, didn't see that coming. I was pretty sure we would only see him on the road.

Well, there ya have it folks. The very first small scrap of evidence that the PW MAYYY just happen this season. Have a field day with it, all you fervent believers!

Hahaha, still doubt it, it seems more likely that they're just messing with the timeline a bit.

Yeah, they have pushed Jaime and Brienne's story a bit forwards, so it make sense that they don't use a thousand years making it back to King's Landing. I can't see how this would change anything, if I remember correctly, Jaime being at KL before the Pink Wedding shouldn't change anything. It make sense that it would be great TV to see Jaime back at KL after all this time away (since episode 5 season 1), and possibly see him interact with other people, now a completely different man. I just wonder what he and Brienne will do next season. I guess he won't be that important next season, just blend in with the rest of the people in KL. As for Brienne, maybe they'll do a Davos with her and have her sit in the dungeon for some time.

Yeah, they have pushed Jaime and Brienne's story a bit forwards, so it make sense that they don't use a thousand years making it back to King's Landing. I can't see how this would change anything, if I remember correctly, Jaime being at KL before the Pink Wedding shouldn't change anything. It make sense that it would be great TV to see Jaime back at KL after all this time away (since episode 5 season 1), and possibly see him interact with other people, now a completely different man. I just wonder what he and Brienne will do next season. I guess he won't be that important next season, just blend in with the rest of the people in KL. As for Brienne, maybe they'll do a Davos with her and have her sit in the dungeon for some time.

This was a quick thought so it's totally possible this wouldn't work, but do you think it's possible that with them speeding up Jaimie's story and revealing UnCat early (if that is indeed what they do), that perhaps they may speed up Brienne's storyline in which she meets Lady Stoneheart to so that Brienne is one less storyline to cluster things in season 5 (AFFC and ADWD material)? That way they could leave her as "dead" for most of the AFFC and ADWD plot lines, only revealing her to be alive when she comes to Jaimie near the end of all that?

This was a quick thought so it's totally possible this wouldn't work, but do you think it's possible that with them speeding up Jaimie's story and revealing UnCat early (if that is indeed what they do), that perhaps they may speed up Brienne's storyline in which she meets Lady Stoneheart to so that Brienne is one less storyline to cluster things in season 5 (AFFC and ADWD material)? That way they could leave her as "dead" for most of the AFFC and ADWD plot lines, only revealing her to be alive when she comes to Jaimie near the end of all that?

All those cliffhangers in the last two books always felt a little cheap, but I could imagine this working. At least "Brienne is back" will have a bigger impact when she's gone for such a long time. If they're going to have only one season for books 4 and 5, I could see some storylines pushed to season 4. We have only about 1/3 of ASoS remaining after this season, so moving storylines like Brienne's, the Greyjoy's and possibly some of Reek's (he's no Greyjoy) to season 4 could work. I imagine this will happen, and they'll probably add a lot of stuff in KL between the Tyrell's, Lannisters and Martells, because that will be awesome, especially if we get more Oberyn!

All those cliffhangers in the last two books always felt a little cheap, but I could imagine this working. At least "Brienne is back" will have a bigger impact when she's gone for such a long time. If they're going to have only one season for books 4 and 5, I could see some storylines pushed to season 4. We have only about 1/3 of ASoS remaining after this season, so moving storylines like Brienne's, the Greyjoy's and possibly some of Reek's (he's no Greyjoy) to season 4 could work. I imagine this will happen, and they'll probably add a lot of stuff in KL between the Tyrell's, Lannisters and Martells, because that will be awesome, especially if we get more Oberyn!

Oh yeah, I get the feeling they're gonna majorly play up Oberyn next season. He better be in the season from episode 1 though... I want to see as much of him as possible before you know what happens.

Oh yeah, I get the feeling they're gonna majorly play up Oberyn next season. He better be in the season from episode 1 though... I want to see as much of him as possible before you know what happens.

The show could make Oberyn even BETTER!

The Tyrells in general are IMO more interesting in the show than in the books, especially Margaery. Margaery always was for me only a name in the crowd in the books, I never really made up any opinion about her, it feels like I never got to know her properly. In the series she's probably one of my favorite female characters, together with Olenna Tyrell, Arya and Brienne.

I believe "the snake who tried to make a mountain fall" scene will be pretty close to the end of the season, and if Oberyn has been established as a TV-show fan-favorite by then, people will believe he'll win, which he won't, because Martin. His death will of course have a bigger impact then, in addition to Tyrion's life being in his hands (Tyrion's "snakes have no hands" joke was really funny).

Having a lot of cool Oberyn Martell stuff would make season 4 even better.

The show could make Oberyn even BETTER!

The Tyrells in general are IMO more interesting in the show than in the books, especially Margaery. Margaery always was for me only a name in the crowd in the books, I never really made up any opinion about her, it feels like I never got to know her properly. In the series she's probably one of my favorite female characters, together with Olenna Tyrell, Arya and Brienne.

I believe "the snake who tried to make a mountain fall" scene will be pretty close to the end of the season, and if Oberyn has been established as a TV-show fan-favorite by then, people will believe he'll win, which he won't, because Martin. His death will of course have a bigger impact then, in addition to Tyrion's life being in his hands (Tyrion's "snakes have no hands" joke was really funny).

Having a lot of cool Oberyn Martell stuff would make season 4 even better.

Tough character to improve since he's so awesome, but a strong actor will make those words just...glorious. He's the one thing I'm eagerly anticipating most for S4.

What I see from the preview:

- Bolton surveying the massacre from the roof

- Lannister family gathering at the table discussing the RW

- Bran & co at the nightfort

- Stannis & Mel looking into the fires, Gendry looking up to (Probably) Davos

- Jaime back in KL

- Ygritte taking aim

- Sansa learning the news

- Theon being put back onto the cross

- Hound Arya on horseback

- Yara

- Tyrion in the gardens, probably where he tells Sansa