- The Hound making mince meat out of someone

- Sam and INTERESTINGLY Pyp

- Unsullied in formation

- Jon after being hit

- Meera protecting Bran

- More slaughter

- Dany loosing the Dragons

Jaime back in KL?

Okay, based on the promo for next episode I'm gonna throw a bet : Ygritte will track down Jon and die in the process...

Other thing bothering me : Sam and Pyp together. This means Sam will be back at the Wall during the episode. Maybe he and Pyp are watching Jon coming back at CB.

Yes, Ygritte should die in the next episode. Killing her next season would take away the momentum and break her arch apart.

And besides "Mysha", there isn't any other possible "big moment" to close the finale.

Other thing bothering me : Sam and Pyp together. This means Sam will be back at the Wall during the episode. Maybe he and Pyp are watching Jon coming back at CB.

Damn. No CH this season then. No way there is time for all that, and they did add the line about Sam knowing how to open the door.

Yeah in the clip with Jaime his surroundings really look like KL. Balls.

Think the showing of the fighting in the camps means we'll get Robb with Greywind's head. They haven't left the RW just yet.

Yeah in the clip with Jaime his surroundings really look like KL. Balls.

Think the showing of the fighting in the camps means we'll get Robb with Greywind's head. They haven't left the RW just yet.

I know we all want it, yet... I think that won't make it to the show. Too gruesome.

I know we all want it, yet... I think that won't make it to the show. Too gruesome.

The way they focussed on the brutal side of the RW makes me think they'll have all the associated brutality, including the mutilation of Robb's corpse.

Anyone else anticipating Sansa's reaction? Sansa deserves a scene of utter despair and meltdown seriously.

Hey Sansa! How does it feel now that you're father, mother and all of your brothers (presumably) died by the hands of the Freys while you're held hostage far away in Kings Landing married to a Lannister? :D

I suppose it's possible that Jaime shows up in KL next episode but the shot in the preview doesn't confirm this one bit. To me, it looks more like clever editing to make it seem as if Tywin's addressing him. But the shot itself is just of Jaime in a sling inside somewhere with a interior wall as a backdrop. That could pretty much be anywhere where Jaime could be inside.

Here's what I think happens with Jon and Sam in the finale:

First, I should have learned my lesson last season when they didn't cast Ramsay and I was tying myself in knots trying to figure out how they'd introduce him during the season, knowing that Winterfell was going to be burnt down in the finale. They just wrote around it because they were going to wait to introduce the character in the following season.

Clearly, they are doing the same thing with Coldhands. I didn't think there was any way they could get around introducing him if we knew Sam was going to meet up with Bran and co in the finale. But the answer is that, of course, they're just writing around Sam needing to meet him before crossing over into the Nightfort. He's established now that he knows about the secret entrance from reading about it. They've also established that Bran is gung ho about going beyond the Wall so he won't need any coaxing to take the passage from Sam.

This way, Bran can simply run into Coldhands next season once they're on their journey. I still think that Coldhands will be there, they wouldn't have bothered to include the scene at the weirwood tree with Sam and the mass of ravens if it wasn't leading to his eventual introduction. I do however, wonder what they're going to do with Rast (if anything) and Sam since they certainly set it up that Rast would be coming after him again (I assumed this would be in wight form but at this point I don't know what the plan would be.)

In terms of Jon, the shot of Ygritte letting an arrow fly is in the hilly environment of the Gift, not at Castle Black so my guess is that her and Tormund are able to track Jon and she decides that she is firmly against him now and injures him with the arrow as he's escaping just as she does in the books. We know that the Magnar of Thenn is being cast for S4 and that the audition tape shows him in a conversation with both Tormund and Ygritte. My guess is that the Wildlings will be regrouping at the start of S4 and meeting up with more (where Magnar will be intro'd) and then we'll get the skirmish at Castle Black where Ygritte is killed.

I think the shot in the preview of Sam with Pyp is them looking down at a wounded Jon as he barely makes it back to Castle Black. Sam must have found a way to get there after meeting Bran at the Nightfort (because there's no good reason I can think of that Pyp would be anywhere besides Castle Black) and that will be one of the last scenes from Jon's story in S3.

I think the shot in the preview of Sam with Pyp is them looking down at a wounded Jon as he barely makes it back to Castle Black. Sam must have found a way to get there after meeting Bran at the Nightfort (because there's no good reason I can think of that Pyp would be anywhere besides Castle Black) and that will be one of the last scenes from Jon's story in S3.

I'm not sure how Sam could make it to Castle Black before Jon, though. But you might be right. Another possibility is that the Sam/Pyp shot actually one of the final scenes, as they from the top of the wall see a large army of Wildlings approaching.

So...

What will be the first scene?

Note that the previews show what looks to be a continuation of the RW (though outside at this point)... so, odds are they start where they left off in episode 9, but which characters are they going to track first?

1. Sandor carrying Arya through the battle?

2. Blackfish taking a piss?

3. Robbwind?

4. Cat's body being dumped?

5. Edmure and Roslin... erm... enjoying themselves?

And on that note, I'd also like to say that I would kind of love it if they'd manage to shoehorn in a scene where Blackfish and Sandor run into each other in the middle of the battle. That kind of thing would be priceless.

I'm not sure how Sam could make it to Castle Black before Jon, though. But you might be right. Another possibility is that the Sam/Pyp shot actually one of the final scenes, as they from the top of the wall see a large army of Wildlings approaching.

Judging by the background of that scene, it sure doesn't look like it's on top of the Wall (too calm, not enough snow). And Sam's beating Jon back to the Wall in either scenario so that's irrelevant. If there's a Jon scene where he's wounded, then you could have this take place near the end of the episode where you assume a certain period of time has elapsed. However they do it, it wouldn't be the first time they've taken some liberties with the distance travelled by characters.

I have a hard time coming up with any kind of explanation as to why Pyp would be anywhere but Castle Black. So if he's there and Sam is with him, then Sam has found a way to get back there during the finale. And they seem to be looking down on the ground at something with concern. I have to assume this would be Jon because it's a good assumption that he'll eventually be getting back to Castle Black by the end of this season.

Archived