Political Marriages for the Stark Children

Penguin king

I think Myrcella marries Robert Arryn if Jon's still alive. I think Ned bows to Sansa/Joff, but I don't see him pushing for a continuation of his father's links with the South otherwise. If that happens it comes from Cat, so I would look for Robb's wife in the North or the Riverlands(or possibly the Vale) Probably the same with Bran and Rickon. Northerners already mentioned; I'll add a Blackwood or Bracken (Combination of Rl and First Men to appeal to the North): For Arya, I see Benfred Tallhart.

Harrion Karstark for Arya. She could live up north, be more wild and have Alys for a sister in law.

Of course, if Sansa had married Joffrey then I suppose all her siblings instantly become more eligible and so Karstarks might be a bit too low.

Harrion is much too old for Arya. Shes very young at th beginning of the series and Harrion is in his 20's most likely. He's supposedly already has a huge beard.

In canon, Ned called off Sansa's engagement on the grounds that Joff was a dick so thats not really happening. same reason I dont think Theon was ever getting her.

Ned called off the marriage because Jaime attacked him, seeing how he never did anything until that attack despite the incident at the Trident.

I think Robb marring Asha with Theon returning to the SeaChair would solidify the North and the Ironborn.

Sharelle and Bran are married as they are both prophets in their own regard.

Sansa marries Joffery (be careful what you wish for)

Jon discovers he's a Taragaron and based on rumors searches for his aunt and uncle only to find his Aunt alive and they are busy gunning for the Lannisters for what they did to their family leading them to align with the Dorne and John marries the Adrienne

Ned called off the marriage because Jaime attacked him, seeing how he never did anything until that attack despite the incident at the Trident.
no. Ned only agreed to the betrothal to keep up appearances. Sansa and Joff werent getting married anytime soon so sending Sansa away to keep her safe shouldnt effect their betrothal. Ned makes it pretty clear that he'll make another match for her because Joff would make an awful husband. Im getting this from the GoT paperback pg 479 btw.

Archived