if GNC know about Rickon and Bran

Night's Ranger

if they know,as most have pointed out,why do they need Jon then?Will they put Jon as King,or he is a backup plan?Or Jon is main plan,and Rickon is backup if Jon doesnt want or dies.Will he be King until Rickon is old enough and then leave for IT,Wall or make his own house(Startarg or something like that)

If robb legitimized Jon that would make him heir, nights watch notwithstanding. Hopefully we'll meet howland reed soon and he'll have robb's will and clear up some questions for us all. I'm also very excited to meet back up with rickon, who will have learned a thing it two off screen

to quote honest Roose: "Child Lords are the bane of any House"

I think right now Jon is Plan A since Rickon could be a uncivilised savage for all "they" (the Group around Manderly) know.

If Jon accepts Robb's will. He will probably act a king/lord of WF until all the wars are done and the Others are defeated. Then act as a regent until Rickon is old enough. Jon will never want to usurp his brother birthright even if the law says he is now the first heir.

P.S.And hey, King of the North and Lord of WinterFell are 2 differents titles .He can rule it at the Wall while Rickon rules WF :D... ok this is not likely :D.

Three reasons I'd hazard;

1) Boy lords the bane of Houses etc.

2) Robb's will may make Jon his heir full stop. His claim suddenly leap frogs Bran and Rickon's.

3) Easier to prove Jon is who he says he is.

Of course, this is largely speculation.

The Northern lords need Jon for the same reason they needed Stannis to take Deepwood Motte, and that Jon was voted Lord Commander over Pyke and Mallister. Having similar goals does not prevent lords from being quarrelsome. Even if Manderly has Rickon, I doubt he can become Rickon's regent uncontested. Having Rickon is better than having no Stark, but what the North truly needs is a son of Winterfell who can make decisions for himself and act as a unifying force for the North.

Of course, if Robb's will becomes public, then it should also be known under what circumstances it was made (i.e. Robb believed Bran and Rickon to be dead). This might prove legitimate reason for setting the will aside and reinstating the normal succession, should it be discovered that Rickon's alive, especially if Jon wants to do so.

But in the meantime Jon is a relatively uncontroversial choice as interim ruler and regent for Rickon. In the North, at least. The united kingdom of the North and the Riverlands might be a thing of the past, though, since the Tullys and their bannermen are less likely to recognise Jon.

I think Jon should be their first choice for Lord, for King, for whatever title they want to restore. A child Lord, or even worse, a child King will do more bad than good for the North. Just look at the instability in King's Landing under Tommen's reign. The North is divided as it is, they don't need any more uncertainty.

Also, Jon's ascent would be best for House Stark as well, not just the North in general. Rickon is just a child and everyone would try to use him as a pawn. House Stark needs a real Stark to restore them to their former glory, and that's exactly what Jon can do.

If Jon accepts Robb's will. He will probably act a king/lord of WF until all the wars are done and the Others are defeated. Then act as a regent until Rickon is old enough. Jon will never want to usurp his brother birthright even if the law says he is now the first heir.

It's not usurping if the law says you're the rightful heir.

I think After Jon was stabbed, he will feel diffrently, a near death experience has a way of changing a persons ideals. Either way The Gnc know definitely about Rickon, and when found Rickon will tell them about Bran. This will solidify there cause, and solve any rulership problems.

if jon is legitimized then he's ahead of rickon in the succession. of course, robb's will being written under false pretenses (either because he didn't know bran and rickon were alive or because it turns out jon isn't actually ned's son) could throw a wrench into the whole thing.

The North could be bringing Rickon back so Jon could see that Robb didn't have all the details, but they can say they'd prefer if Jon gets the kingship but he'll have to train Rickon up for Lord. (Don't know in how far the North will dictate him to do things, but Jon might see it himself like this.)

There wasn't any animosity between him and his siblings/cousins, so they might find a way to co-exist in Winterfell.

The place is probably pretty empty by that time. :(

Just because Robb legitimized Jon in writing doesn't mean the northern lords will hold to it. They would still view him as a bastard regarless of what the paper said. If their was a tru born Stark out there I find it hard to believe they would seek Jon first.

I could see it as Jon becoming King of Winter and Rickon Lord of Winterfell.

I know :D. but in Jon's mind it will be the same, he told Stannis something similar when Stannis tried to legitimize him.

But they weren't all that similar. Winterfell came with strings when Stannis offered it. Robb is handing Jon everything he ever wanted, no strings, and from a family member Jon loved. The offers are extremely different.

Btw, this could have been asked in the new GNC thread, since the GNC is a theory, in and of itself. Not everyone is familiar with it.

as far as I'm aware the GNC isn't a planned event yet, the only people with enough power in the north to parry with the boltones are the manderlys, I think it's only maderly and robett glover who actually know about rickon at the moment, and by having one of them on each side, what they plan to do is after the battle of winterfell, when both stannis forces and the rooses forces are severely weakened to reveal rickon to the remaining northern lords, barbrey, crowfood, maege, old lord locke and the wull, and crown him then, when both stannis and roose are too powerless to object

We don't actually know if legitimized bastards come before trueborn sons of a younger age or not...

as far as I'm aware the GNC isn't a planned event yet, the only people with enough power in the north to parry with the boltones are the manderlys, I think it's only maderly and robett glover who actually know about rickon at the moment, and by having one of them on each side, what they plan to do is after the battle of winterfell, when both stannis forces and the rooses forces are severely weakened to reveal rickon to the remaining northern lords, barbrey, crowfood, maege, old lord locke and the wull, and crown him then, when both stannis and roose are too powerless to object

After using one of Stannis's men to get him back, I'm pretty sure there'd be some debt to be paid to Stannis for "loaning" Davos to them for a bit. The North Remembers right? Well, wouldn't try remember one of these Kings bringing back a Stark that they all know and love?

Archived