The Climb… in Ratings

Westeros

Week after week, Game of Thrones‘s third season has been beating ratings expectations. It hurdled over the 5 million initial airing viewership mark with last week’s excellent episode, “Kissed by Fire”, hitting 5.3 million viewers… and this week? According to TV by the Number, it looks like “The Climb” wins the night with an unprecedented 5.5 million viewers. At this rate, I think it quite likely that the season finale could well clear 6 million viewers.

The second showing also added 1.27 million viewers, bringing the total who watched it on TV to 6.77 million.

Visit the Site!

I never find out if this is just USA HbO , or also Canada HBO included to.

Have no idea when the show is shown in Mexico HBO.

Have not idea how Britain is doing.

I hope they have solved the Germany problem, because I have a number of friends in Germany and they have been frustrated in the past about the delay they get in seeing the show.

Also I figure , it must be, that the numbers are all from legit subscribers, no piracy included.

This is what happens when you have a good season, the ratings climb. This is the ultimate proof of how weak season 2 was. I agree that the finale will probably be watched by over 6 million... I have no fear of the RW, they butchered Robb's story, a lot fewer people will care about it, nowhere near what happened after Baelor.

In Germany, I believe Sky Germany now airs the show pretty much right off, without dubbing.

That's correct. You can watch the new episode on your computer the next day (monday) or on your TV on Tuesday. I believe Game of Thrones is the first show you can watch with only a one day delay (and with the time difference it's probably about 16 hours or so).

Archived