Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else

iheartseverus

Iron Islands stuff:

Yara does not appear

As to the other questions,

I think that Stannis needs Davos and knows that he's valuable as the conscience of that campaign. Same as in the books. It may be that Selyse's family (I don't remember her house name) tend to the devout, and that her brother was just as fervent in his worship of the Seven as she was in her allegiance to the Lord of Light.

And THANK YOU, Rose-Papillon! I seriously never noticed. That said, it better play out, because I think as far as the show goes, it is unnecessary.

And THANK YOU, Rose-Papillon! I seriously never noticed. That said, it better play out, because I think as far as the show goes, it is unnecessary.

But...it's canon. It affects so much of Brienne's own journey, and it helps explain her actions later on. I, for one, am really glad that it's going to be in the series.

But...it's canon. It affects so much of Brienne's own journey, and it helps explain her actions later on. I, for one, am really glad that it's going to be in the series.

Thanks, Gran de Lys, no one else had confirmed that spoiler yet.

Yes, Rose--you pretty much don't get Bri's book arc without it, it's unfortunate so many people miss it, considering that it's integral to what's going on with Brienne right now...I know her chapters are not everyone's favorites, but she really is worth a serious read.

Fav character ever. You pretty much couldn't cover her Feast arc without including this, I'm so happy it's in. Renewed faith in the show adaptation commencing.

I hope that my disclaimer as to my own focus and occasional inattentiveness and inability to remember stuff is some excuse. But I really did not notice, sorry. It's canon and all, so :bowdown: or whatever. I need to re-read, sigh. And maybe drink less....

Just waiting for

Cersei being paraded through the streets with her head shaved

This has been answered here earlier on. Uh. Why did you even read the rest of the books' chapters? Never seen anything like your obsession.

I am specifically asking about Stannis because no one else is. Just how some are asking about Dany, Sansa, Jaime, Brienne etc specifically.

People ask about the character they like, not about the characters they don't like. I like Sansa, Jaime, Brienne but posters are already asking about them, why should i then?

Comes from a Stan-hater and a Dany-stan. Irony. :rolleyes:

I hope that my disclaimer as to my own focus and occasional inattentiveness and inability to remember stuff is some excuse. But I really did not notice, sorry. It's canon and all, so :bowdown: or whatever. I need to re-read, sigh. And maybe drink less....

Don't worry, we're cool! Honestly, I'm so happy right now, I don't think anything could bother me.

I think it's hilarious that no one gives two nibbled figs for what's happening up north, either on the Wall or with Bran and his band of misfits.

haha ikr. do you mind answering my two questions tho:

how is lena's performance during the purple wedding and near the ending scene?

do they show or mention the moon blood during the sept sex scene?

He has a vision I assume from the episode 2 summary. A vision that shows him where to go, so I take it this is when he leans into the weirwood as shown in many of the trailers. Does he get a glimpse of Bloodraven? Does he see that shot of the dragon over King's Landing? I guess some of us didn't ask because it seems somewhat straightforward what'll happen to him from the released episode summaries.

As for the Wall, I know what happens there in ep one from one of those reddit posters. I guess I could ask if we drop by again for eps 2 and 3.

As to the other questions,

I think that Stannis needs Davos and knows that he's valuable as the conscience of that campaign. Same as in the books. It may be that Selyse's family (I don't remember her house name) tend to the devout, and that her brother was just as fervent in his worship of the Seven as she was in her allegiance to the Lord of Light.

Well Rolland Storm is a fervent Seven Worshipper, you don't see him getting burned. Infact he is made Castellan of Dragonstone.

So is there no mention whatever of Balon and his unorthodox swimming lessons?

Yeah, seems weird to change the order the leeches were named if they didn't intend on having the deaths be in the same order.

I don't suppose there's any explanation for why they don't burn Davos?

Melisandre had Stannis spare Davos in the season 3 finale because he had 'a part to play' in the war to come, so I imagine that's still in effect. Poor Davos when that usefulness runs out.

What I don't get is that if Stannisandre is operating under the belief that a Seven worshiper is necessary in the great war, then why are they outlawing Seven worship? Surely that necessity should be proof that the 'infidels' are not automatically on the enemy's side?

And why is Davos is even helping Stannis, at this point? A big part of his service in the books comes from a belief that Stannis, though harsh and usually merciless, is a just man. How he comes away with that belief when Stannis is burning people for following different religions is beyond me.

^Gran de Lys described above (a few pages back) that it didn't look like it sat well with Stannis. I wonder is this the same scene where they burn a bunch of people on the beach or is it just this one Florent brother? Does it have anything with the R'hollor practise that worked for Stan and Victarion of burning people to get favourable winds? If Davos can tell that Stannis isn't in to this and Stannis still takes his counsel then it makes sense to me that Davey stick around (after all, their bromance will never die). But yeah, without a little more explanation its hard to grasp how this scene will work out.

Archived