Little Questions That Don't Fit Anywhere Else

iheartseverus

On the Reddit thread from the person who went to the premiere and saw the 1st episode, she's saying that Jon meets up with Thorne and Slynt at Castle Black in E1 (hence the "gets a rocky reception" line in the synopsis). She says that Thorne tells Jon he's the "acting Lord Commander" which would sort of fit into the rallying the troops scene we get of him in the trailer.

I wonder if he'll end up biting it during the E9 battle, Donal Noye-style. "The Wall is yours" would fit in really well coming from him after Jon's finally received his begrudging respect which would mean more coming from a character who despised Jon so much going back to S1.

^That could be an option. Apparently (and ironically) Slynt has a line about wanting Jon to get his head chopped off (hehehehehee). Personally I'd rather have Thorne kept alive either to do whatever he's yet to do in the books or to play Bowen Marsh. Him playing Marsh's role would be more powerful if he began to respect but Jon this season but became alienated from him next season.

Okay, in order. @ jaimecersei. Thought I'd answered this, sorry.

1. Lena is fantastic as always. Just tragic and furious and helpless. 2) Softening toward Jaime? No. When he returns, she not only thanks Qyburn for getting rid of her lady "symptoms" but says very clearly to Jaime that he was "too late." So she's been banging the Kettlblacks and Moonboy or whoever. 3) It's pretty much a rape. Very ugly and hard to watch.

@ Konradsmith Up until E3, yes, that's all he does. As to Fat Walda,

her face kind of lights up when she meets Ramsay and she's so cute about it.

@ HairGrowsBack

Well, Loras gets up and leaves the PW in a huff during the joust. When you see it, you'll know why.

@Rickon of the North

No, it is not a detriment. I really enjoyed the way it was salted in among other scenes. As I said earlier, it's not the protracted opera that the RW was. Because at this point it should not come as much of a surprise that kings die, or that people die at weddings in general, it's a good way of putting us off our guard. The RW was one long, suspenseful build-up to mass slaughter. The PW is merriment and entertainment and Oberyn gawking at contortionist's vajayjays and everyone being uncomfortable while Joffrey is a dickhole and the presentation of gifts and Margeary trying to distract her king with shiny things and Olenna having That Look on her face. All fun and games until a piss-ant king gets poisoned.

The last scene is Dany addressing the slaves of Meereen after Daario beheads their champion and pisses on the grounds. She catapults sacks filled with the broken collars of Astapor slaves into the crowd and all the Meereenese get correspondingly thoughtful/frightened looks in their eyes depending on whether they are wearing collars or not. It's pretty spectacular. I could listen to her bellow in High Valyrian all day.

@ Benjaario Starkharis I love your name, btw.

Tommen is/looks perfect, although he doesn't do much. There is a nice cut where, after the PW, Olenna tells Margeary (who just wants to know "Am I still queen?") that "the next one will be easier." And we cut to Tommen and Cerseib y Joffrey's tomb. Ha!

Nun With a Gun I don't believe so, no.

And in general:

Bran and Co. make it as far as a Godswood where Bran has some pretty bitchen visions, including Bloodravyn on his throne, and informs his troops that he knows where they must go. North, in a word, although I thought they were doing that anyway,

In other news, you all are quite right--NO mention of Balon being blown off that bridge, as far as I can tell. They may have changed the order, or I may have missed something. But even when Stannis and Davos are talking about their next move--Davos pumping for the Golden Company and scheming to get money to pay them; Stannis being a stick-up-his-butt pain as usual--they do not mention Balon's death.

Would it be inappropriate for me to declare my love for you, Gran de Lys? So I guess ep. 3 makes it pretty apparent the part Olenna played in the previous episode's events?

I should have guessed Daario would piss, because in one of the behind the scenes features there was a shot where it looked like he was ruffling the front of his jerkin as if to...pull it out. As for Loras leaving in a huff, I guess one of the jousters was meant to be his dearly departed.

Gran De Lys

Thank you so much for replying!!! I really appreciate it.

Wow, I can't believe that they're having Jaime do that during altar sex!!! Cersei doesn't consent at all?? In the books she said "no" at first but ultimately agreed. i thought they might soften cersei to jaime during the altar sex scene but i guess not. how does altar sex end by the way? do they show the moonblood (god i really hope they do not)

would love you forever if you could answer these questions

It's not as huge as it sounds, my Swan.

They run into a nice, gods-fearing family who takes them in and gives them rabbit stew and the head of household is stupid enough to mention that he has silver stashed away. You can guess the outcome. No, the Hound does not kill them, but Arya is angry and reminds him that he said he was not a thief (because he didn't steal anything from KL before he fled). He tells her that this nice family will be dead come winter, which is probably true. Still, it's interesting to watch her arc, which I think the show is getting very right. She has her own code of honor, which does not reach to stealing silver from good people. But she really likes killing, and she's really good at it, and you can see the seed of an assassin growing inside her, while she maintains her hotheaded-little-girl Aryaness.

Gran de Lys, out of curiosity, do:

Sansa and Shae interact at all in a meaningful way in the first two episodes? Or Sansa and Margaery, for that matter? If Sansa's not escaping she must talk with some people during a wedding sequence that lasts half the episode.

It's not as huge as it sounds, my Swan.

They run into a nice, gods-fearing family who takes them in and gives them rabbit stew and the head of household is stupid enough to mention that he has silver stashed away. You can guess the outcome. No, the Hound does not kill them, but Arya is angry and reminds him that he said he was not a thief (because he didn't steal anything from KL before he fled). He tells her that this nice family will be dead come winter, which is probably true. Still, it's interesting to watch her arc, which I think the show is getting very right. She has her own code of honor, which does not reach to stealing silver from good people. But she really likes killing, and she's really good at it, and you can see the seed of an assassin growing inside her, while she maintains her hotheaded-little-girl Aryaness.

Gran de Lys, thank you very much! :)

I don't like that they had the Hound do that. Why must they pile on with certain characters? Jaime, too. Sigh.

Unless Jaime's stupid, he's figured out that she's had sex with others. I imagine that's what so enrages him into taking her at the altar. And this is after a previous scene where she rejected him even though he'd been home "for weeks."

Earlier in that episode, Tyrion rejected Shae, sexywise. Before he breaks up with her and sends her away. So ain't nobody getting it on in KL except Oberyn ad Ellaria.

How's Mace Tyrell btw? We saw recently that he has a curly mustache, is he oafish, foppish, popinjayish?

King Tommen (soon to be spoiler name) according to the episode three summary, Jon comes up with the idea. Likely to prove his worth/honour/loyalty etc.

Unless Jaime's stupid, he's figured out that she's had sex with others. I imagine that's what so enrages him into taking her at the altar. And this is after a previous scene where she rejected him even though he'd been home "for weeks."

Earlier in that episode, Tyrion rejected Shae, sexywise. Before he breaks up with her and sends her away. So ain't nobody getting it on in KL except Oberyn ad Ellaria.

(Still, to bad because that Tyrion's quote has always been my fav :)

wow i'm seriously DREADING all jaime/cersei scenes now. they're making their relationship on the show even MORE fucked up than it was in the books. frankly if jaime rapes cersei on the show, then my sympathy will solely lie towards cersei.

in the books i felt sympathetic towards both of them because i could understand both cersei and jaime's POV

Archived