Drogon = The Stallion Who Mounts the World

yolkboy

My personal belief is that Viserion is Lightbringer, born of AA through the death of her spouse. Might he also be the Stallion that Mounts the world?

I thought you said Drogon was 'ensouled' by Drogo? In which case:

Drogo = Nissa Nissa (smothered by Dany)

Drogon = Lightbringer (or firebringer, what with the breath thing)

Dany = AA

I kind of like this theory. It stays within the spirit of the prophesy, but has enough of a twist that its not obvious.

I like it. Certainly not the worst theory I've read.

I'm not sure every prophecy that is told throughout the books have to come through. Some may, some may just be myth, some may arguably come true and finally some may be left up to interpretation. It's kind of like the end of the world prophecies in our world. Most people think they will be around when the prophecy goes down. We are reading a small snapshot of this universe's history; we may not necessarily see all the prophecies come true, if they are all true prophecies.

I approve. The Dothraki naturally evolve from horse-worshipping culture to dragon-worshipping culture.

Well, i've obviously given Drogon = Stallion a lot of thought, yet i'd never seen it this way. Really interesting point.

A great theory and I agree. Just think of the irony, MMD did what she did to prevent STMTW from being born, and Drogon would never live if it weren't for her...

Thanks, and yes, there's a real irony in that. MMD has a lot to answer for when drogon is burning people alive with a Dothraki horde behind him.

Very interesting theory.

:thumbsup:

So if Drogon was made from Drogo, hence leading to his wild, independent nature (compared to the other two)

And with Viseron, being made from Rhaego, is more human-friendly, etc (once again, compared to the other two)

So... Rhaegal's made from, what, the horse? Wouldn't that make him like, retarded?

So if Drogon was made from Drogo, hence leading to his wild, independent nature (compared to the other two)

And with Viseron, being made from Rhaego, is more human-friendly, etc (once again, compared to the other two)

So... Rhaegal's made from, what, the horse? Wouldn't that make him like, retarded?

I've never considered it a like-for-like swap personally. I think Dany just names them after her 3 kin - Drogo, Viserys, Rhaego (or maybe Rhaegar).

in your line of thinking, remember MMD was in the fire as well.

Well if memory serves there was one additional person sacrificed...

Oh yeah, forgot about her.

Oh sweet baby R'hllor if that theory is true then this is potentially very bad.

Now i think about it, i guess the 3 dragons could resemble or represent those on the pyre.

Drogon=Drogo= Loyal, fierce etc.

Viseron=Rhaego= Will die young

Rhaegal=MMD = will betray Dany.

It's a plausible idea.

I like it. Certainly not the worst theory I've read.

I'm not sure every prophecy that is told throughout the books have to come through. Some may, some may just be myth, some may arguably come true and finally some may be left up to interpretation. It's kind of like the end of the world prophecies in our world. Most people think they will be around when the prophecy goes down. We are reading a small snapshot of this universe's history; we may not necessarily see all the prophecies come true, if they are all true prophecies.

One thing we've learnt from Mel - its the reading thats wrong. As i said, the old crones prophesy was meant to look like it failed. I think all the major prophesies will come true in one way or the other.

Vargo Hoat's Zorse is StMtW. GRRM confirmed it a while back.

Just out of curiosity, why Drogon and not one of her other children?

Because a dragon is mounted by only one rider. Dany mounted Drogon, it means he is HER dragon, like their first ride made them share a connection (very Avatar-like). I don't remember in which of the books I've read this, but I remember someone saying that each dragon only has one rider.

Because a dragon is mounted by only one rider. Dany mounted Drogon, it means he is HER dragon, like their first ride made them share a connection (very Avatar-like). I don't remember in which of the books I've read this, but I remember someone saying that each dragon only has one rider.

I think i remember reading that a dragon can have more than one rider in a lifetime (targs proved this), but that arider can only have one dragon.?

Can someone verify :dunno:

• 3 months later...

I think i remember reading that a dragon can have more than one rider in a lifetime (targs proved this), but that arider can only have one dragon.?

Can someone verify :dunno:

You are correct. Only one person can ride a dragon but a dragon can have multiple riders. Quote from ADwD, Dany VIII:

All I know of dragons is what my brother told me when I was a girl, and some I read in books, but it is said that even Aegon the Conqueror never dared mount Vhagar or Meraxes, nor did his sisters ride Balerion the Black Dread. Dragons live longer than men, some for hundreds of years, so Balerion had other riders after Aegon died … but no rider ever flew two dragons.

To your OP, all I can say is I agree (nice work).

• 4 months later...

I was just pondering this topic, good to know someone else had the same idea first, at least it doesn't feel to out of place now.

I think there is a strong possibility that Drogon is the Stallion, born of the pyre of his "father" and to the "mother of dragons" he would technically be a prince with that lineage.

Archived