[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ THE OP)

shiola

Pretty sure his lip trembled when he said his father was a different kind of cruel.

hopefully they reveal how INSANE his father is even more. Randyll Tarly made a big impact despite few scenes and only hearing about his treatment of Sam. I totally believe that Sam would be terrified of even thinking about the answer to if his father was cruel to him

ETA: I didn't even realize that Tywin's glare at the people laughing in the audience was totally in character for him and he was probably super pissed. He HATES people laughing at his family. Brilliant.

I loved this episode. Much better than last week. I'd say the best was

-Sam/Gilly was adorable and badass at the end.

-Olenna pointing out the Tyrell-Lannister relations

-Cersei threatening Margaery and totally blowing Loras off.

-Drunk Tyrion

-Tyrion and Sansa. Minus the kneeling, the scene was almost done perfectly, given the fact that the law interferes with doing it just as the books did it.

-Davos/Stannis conversation.

Overall, great episode. Shame no Jaime though.

There were a couple of points where you saw... if not fear at least deep concern... in Tywin's eyes while the wedding festivities were going on. The event was so close to lurching into disaster at several points; I think he was thinking maybe it would have been better to send Tyrion back to Casterly Rock after all.

Did anyone notice Pycelle creeping on the woman in the wedding? Lol I love the actors voice.

HAH, yes, I heard that! I didn't see it but I totally heard it.

snip

Mulled Wino, put your comment regarding "not dropping a hint about X event" behind a tag or delete it ASAP. This is a spoiler free thread and that is definitely a spoiler. Do not reference future events AT ALL.

- This Daario > Book Daario, though to be honest if they just drew a stick figure of Daario and that have that piece of paper play him, paper > book daario.

- Shae wasn't a complete $%#^ in this episode, a rarity

Sxxman-- These both include instances of complaining. Please re-word them.

Not regarding the show, but I absolutely love seeing people so excited by and in favor of this thread concept :] Even if it weren't my thread, it would be one of the only ones I keep up with. Thank you all so much for contributing to it. I love the discussion in here, and all the small things I didn't notice. The show is a masterpiece at its best, and damn good at its worst, and I like that we can stick to the high points in here.

I apologize that my quoting and correcting clogs up the page, but I do not apologize for having to do it. I'm protective of this thread and I want it to remain positive and 100% spoiler and speculation free.

There's plenty of other places to insult the show passive-aggressively or outright, and there are plenty of threads for your spoilers and spec. DO NOT BRING IT IN HERE. I even put in the title to read the OP.

There were a couple of points where you saw... if not fear at least deep concern... in Tywin's eyes while the wedding festivities were going on. The event was so close to lurching into disaster at several points; I think he was thinking maybe it would have been better to send Tyrion back to Casterly Rock after all.

I saw this as well. The scene was so tense and seeing the mighty Tywin even slightly worried definitely intensified everything.

Sam: "Please don't name him Randyll..." John Bradley is excellent in this episode.

His reaction to the name Craster was also pretty on point.

This is a great conversation between Sam and Gilly. Randyll and Craster are out of the list. :D It was cute by the way whenever Sam holds the baby.

Was that meant to be humorous?

OT: The whole combination of all the Kings Landing characters into one room (the feast). A really enjoyable non-action payoff for that arc.

no, it was my favorite thing, amongst many other things. Maro's cockiness, Dany's banter with all the Second Sons, funny Tyrion, bold Cersei, and any scene is always a win with Arya and Sandor

Archived