[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ THE OP)

shiola

Absolutely love this thread, it's such a breath of fresh air after scrolling through all the other negative ones. In fact it might become the only thread for the show that I check anymore. Anyway, need to watch it again but on first slightly inebriated viewing:

Arya & the Hound - had almost forgotten how excited I was on my first reading when I thought she was actually going to reunite with Robb and Catelyn but this (too short) scene got me right back there...

Cersei verbally smacking Tyrells around

Joffrey being such a wonderful punk ass kid

Theon & Talissa being MIA

Charles Dance - can not imagine a better casting choice for Tywin.

Absolutely love this thread, it's such a breath of fresh air after scrolling through all the other negative ones. In fact it might become the only thread for the show that I check anymore. Anyway, need to watch it again but on first slightly inebriated viewing:

Arya & the Hound - had almost forgotten how excited I was on my first reading when I thought she was actually going to reunite with Robb and Catelyn but this (too short) scene got me right back there...

Cersei verbally smacking Tyrells around

Joffrey being such a wonderful punk ass kid

Theon & Talissa being MIA

Charles Dance - can not imagine a better casting choice for Tywin.

Yeah this is my first season being on the boards during airing and I definitely won't be around for next season until afterwards. All the negativity is hindering my enjoyment of the series. I'll probably stick to the book forums for season 4 and beyond. I'd just started to learn to take adaptations for what they are after the 5th Harry Potter movie disappointed me, and now I'm back here getting myself agitated focusing on all the ways the show is different.

I loved it. Closest thing to perfect this side of Dracarys.

I cannot love hating Stannis pretending not want the Throne, we know that he has always coveted it, any more than in this episode. He actually looked vulnerable for a quick second when Davos called him out on why he chose that particular day to release him.

I like how the Hound calls Arya wolf girl, instead of

Spoiler
wolf bitch, as in the books.

The sellswords are as crude as I imagined them to be. Too bad Mero lost that beautiful head of his. At least we have Daario :drool: to fill this screen with hotness.

The entire wedding was flawless. Tywin is the epitome of Boss.

Daenerys not batting an eye at Mero's disrepect, as well as, standing up to Daario naked as the day that she was born. "Ser Barriston, if there is a battle, kill that one first". Boss.

The inflection in Ser Jorahs' voice when he said, "they have faced greater odds and run" had me crying.

Sam the Slayer.

This is my favourite episode of the series so far. If it continues to get stronger week by week we are in for one hell of a great finale (yes, I have read the books so I know what is coming).

For a moment I thought they weren't going to show Stannis being uncomfortable with the idea of sacrificing an innocent. It would have gone completely against his character to cut it, so in the end I was pleased with his scene with Davos. Although I thought the whole burning of the leeches bit could have been made a little more dramatic.

All the Dany scenes (especially the nuddy part!) were done really well. It looks like the casting department have pulled out another gem with Daario.

But my three favourite scenes were:

3) The wedding. Everything about it was brilliantly choreographed and beautifully acted. From the smirk on Joff's face throughout to Tyrion's drunkenness and his threat, it was done to perfection. I am so glad that they got Sansa to kneel for the cloak scene. Without getting a viewpoint inside her head, to do it like in the book would have just made her seem callous to a lot of people.

2) Arya and Sandor. They need an entire episode dedicated to them just riding around. Talk about a dream team. The world would tremble.

1) Sam the Slayer, at last! Even if he did it with no NW witnesses this time. I don't think they could have done a better job with this scene. Even knowing what was coming, all those ravens up in the tree sent a shiver through me and had me grinning with excitement. And the way Sam killed the Other was spot on too (except that he forgot to retrieve the dagger, silly boy).

Anyway, it was a belter of an episode and I can't believe I have to wait two weeks for the next one!

- Olenna explaining how the Tyrell/Lannister marriages would change the family structure to Loras

- Cersei shutting down Loras

- Everything about Stannis and Davos

- Melisandre "There are no mistakes" Gendry "I'm a mistake" had me laughing

- The Hound telling Arya how he saved Sansa

- Tyrion "And now my watch begins"

Did I mention not a drop of the RW storyline? Best thing about the whole show

Was that meant to be humorous?

OT: The whole combination of all the Kings Landing characters into one room (the feast). A really enjoyable non-action payoff for that arc.

A lot to like in this episode. The Hounds telling Arya how he saved Sansa was a good scene. Sam the Slayer was badass, glad they did that scene justice. I really liked the casting choice for Daario, I instantly liked him, although I am in the minority that likes book Daario as well. The drunken Tyrion scenes were quite possibly the funniest of the series to date. When he told Sansa " I vomited on a girl once , middle of the act, not proud of it" I was cracking up . :lol:

I thought the scene where Sam and Gilly are listening to all the ravens squaking outside was done really well. It was 10,000 more creepy than I could have imagined it from the books.

Better than any scary movie too.

I guess they key is to use characters that don't have it them to survive the situation.

Sam and Gilly are more engaging to me because I know they can't beat such a thing.

-Drunk Tyrion, always a plus, in fact have him drunk the rest of the series

-Joffrey being Joffrey, I did kind of chuckle when he took the stool away

- This Daario > Book Daario, though to be honest if they just drew a stick figure of Daario and that have that piece of paper play him, paper > book daario.

- Sam growing a pair

- Shae wasn't a complete $%#^ in this episode, a rarity

- Cercei reminding the viewers that even though she showed vulnerability last season, she is still not a nice person

- Arya/Hound, especially when they were on the horse, it was kinda cute

- Gendry having a significant contribution to the plot and kissed a girl for the first time

Archived