[BOOK SPOILERS] Season 5 episode 9 event?

KamiShikkaku

We'll have to wait and see how big the battle of Winterfell is, but I believe it will be a perfect ep09 momment, not only because it's importance, but becaue the outcome of this, is the Pink Letter, and Jon's stabbing is the perfect season ending.

We'll have to wait and see how big the battle of Winterfell is, but I believe it will be a perfect ep09 momment, not only because it's importance, but becaue the outcome of this, is the Pink Letter, and Jon's stabbing is the perfect season ending.

I wonder if that event will actually be in episode 9 with the battle for Winterfell happening a bit earlier. It looks like the battle for Winterfell will be more of a trojan horse kind of thing than an actual battle. Also, there will definitely be direct consequences coming from Bowen Marsh's actions which might make for a better season 5 climax.

I would say Daznak's Pit or Ice Battle or both.

I think its quite doable.

Lets keep in mind that in all previous seasons the last episodes already contained the beginnings of the next books (like Arya and Jon departures from ASOS were in S01 Ep10, or the others attack started at the end of season 2)

So I think that by the end of Season 4 Episode 10 - Tyrion will already be in Pentos (first meeting with Illirio) and Theon will arrive in winterfell.

Then in season 5 :

Tyrion :

Ep 1 - Tyrion meets griffs right at illirios house, or they jointly arrive at some riverside location, Illirio explains the entire plan to Tyrion and griffs arrive, tyrion notices how affectionate Illirio is toward trhe young griff, - end of ep 1 - their river journey begins

Episodes 2-6 travelling with Griffs, end kidnapped by Jorah

Ep 7- - Volantis, end sailing with moqorro

Ep 8 - storm, taken by slavers, arrive in Mereen

Ep 9 Mereen, end with Daznaks'Pit

Ep 10 - pit events aftermath

Theon:

Ep 1 - 5 Winterfell Thriller, end with escape

Ep 6/7 meetinng Asha/Stannis,

Ep 8 "Sacrifice "

Ep 9 Battle of Ice

Ep 10 Can end with Jons caesar moment

As to the Dorn/Arianne/Quentyn story

Even if they include both Ariannes conspiracy and Quentyns adventures, I think that their stories will develp concurently:

Ep1. Ellaria brings Oberyns body, sand snakes ask for war, Doran gets them all arrested, then meets Quent and sends him fro Danny

Ep 2 - 7 - Quenteens adventures, at the ennd of Epp 7 presents himself to Danny, in parallel - Ariannes conspiracy, imprisonment and final revelation of Dorans plans - it wont be as effective as in the books, but it could be a nice episode ending to have doran tell Arianne about Quentyn's mission and then show Quentyn arriving at Danny's.

Ep 8 No Arianne, Danny refuses Quentyn's offer, shows him dragons

Ep 9. No Arianne, Daznaks'Pit

Ep 10 - Sand Snakes and Arianne are dispatched..., Quenteen tries to steal the dragons....

SPOILERS

Here is what I think Season 4 will end up like:

E9 - The Mountain vs. Red Viper, Battle for the Wall

E10 - Battle for the Wall aftermath, Tyrion's escape, Lysa Arryn's death

Season 5:

E9 - Draznak's Pit, Dany on Drogon, Battle for Winterfell

E10 - Jon gets stabbed

Season 5:

E9 - Draznak's Pit, Dany on Drogon, Battle for Winterfell

E10 - Jon gets stabbed

I still don't see how those events could happen that early unless Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon all go deep into ADwD in season 4, and there is yet to be any indication that this is the case. In fact, it is looking increasingly likely that the Lord Commander election plot will be moved back to season 5.

There are several events that will take place by the end of season 5 and could make the big event of episode 9:

-Blind Arya

-Theon and Jeyne escape from Winterfell

-Cersei is arrested by the Faith Militant

-Brienne and Pod taken before lady Stoneheart

-Drogon in Daznak's Pit

-Connington takes Griffin's Roost/Aegon takes Storm's End

-Stannis takes Deepwood Motte and captures Yara

-Hardhome situation: a wildling attack on Cotter Pyke's boat, and then attacked again by zombies and white walkers

Anyway, in my opinion people is too adamant on the importance of a big event taking place in episode 9. That's true for seasons 2 and 3, but we should remember season 1 as well. On episode 9 the big event was Eddard's beheading, but that was the last scene of the episode, the last 5 minutes. The 50 minutes before that it was a regular episode. What really was the big badass scene and climax of the season was Dany's scene in the finale, rising from fire with the dragons. Let's not forget that!

At what stage will we get the big Aegon (whether fake or not) reveal? Will that be season 4 or season 5? Also; does it qualify as an "oh sh*t!" moment for an episode 9?

I think early-mid season 5. Remember, we might be seeing Tyrion at Pentos by the end of the season, depending on how much they spread things out. One of the things to end season 5 could be Aegon's landing in Westeros.

Don't think so, the series hasn't really gone into the background of Robert's Rebellion. He'll show up, but it won't be as a major reveal.

Its going to be pretty big regardless of how much they have gone into it so far; I expect some major background building next series. Aegon, whether he is real or fake, has become a big contender for the Iron throne. They are going to have to build some background on him. If he turns out to be a Blackfyre that will totally complicate the show though! I suspect if he is fake he will just be passed off as Illyrio's son without the Blackfyre element of things. Anyway, deviating from my point now. Whatever happens, Aegon is a fairly big reveal!

We have a maximum of 8 seasons with two very large books still to come, and each season needs a decent dramatic character arc - so Daznak's Pit at the end of Season 5 seems unlikely to me. Considering Dany will conquer Meereen in the first half of S4, the audience won't tolerate her languishing there with nothing to do for so long. This is how I think it'll go down:

Season 4 climax - Dany reeling from the Jorah reveal, struggling to rule Meereen, dragons out of control - she decides to stay in Essos and learn to rule, with the final scene her despairing at being forced into a marriage with Hizdahr and the chaining of the dragons. This would be a nice dramatic contrast and reversal of fortunes on the S3 finale.

We'd then have Tyrion's journey, Young Griff, Quentyn's arc in the first five episodes of S5 culminating with Daznak's Pit and Quentyn's death (if they do include him) mid season. Season climax will be the Battle of Meereen - Dany's role unclear at the moment, but they could have her either arriving in the nick of time at Meereen or going off to do whatever else it is TWoW has in store for her.

Battle of Ice early S6, Jon Snow's resurrection, Aegon & Stannis fighting their respective campaigns, and the rest of Tyrion and Dany's adventures in Essos with maybe her landing in Westeros by the finale. Then S7 & 8 to deal with the Dany/Aegon war, the big confrontation with Others and the aftermath.

We have a maximum of 8 seasons with two very large books still to come, and each season needs a decent dramatic character arc - so Daznak's Pit at the end of Season 5 seems unlikely to me. Considering Dany will conquer Meereen in the first half of S4, the audience won't tolerate her languishing there with nothing to do for so long. This is how I think it'll go down:

Season 4 climax - Dany reeling from the Jorah reveal, struggling to rule Meereen, dragons out of control - she decides to stay in Essos and learn to rule, with the final scene her despairing at being forced into a marriage with Hizdahr and the chaining of the dragons. This would be a nice dramatic contrast and reversal of fortunes on the S3 finale.

We'd then have Tyrion's journey, Young Griff, Quentyn's arc in the first five episodes of S5 culminating with Daznak's Pit and Quentyn's death (if they do include him) mid season. Season climax will be the Battle of Meereen - Dany's role unclear at the moment, but they could have her either arriving in the nick of time at Meereen or going off to do whatever else it is TWoW has in store for her.

Battle of Ice early S6, Jon Snow's resurrection, Aegon & Stannis fighting their respective campaigns, and the rest of Tyrion and Dany's adventures in Essos with maybe her landing in Westeros by the finale. Then S7 & 8 to deal with the Dany/Aegon war, the big confrontation with Others and the aftermath.

Where are you pulling the "8 season maximum" thing from. I have seen various quotes saying that 8 seasons is the goal, but NOTHING saying that it is a maximum and that they can never make more than that.

Also, all we know about TWoW and ADoS is that they will be as long as ASoS/ADwD. It is nothing but speculation that they will be as eventful as ASoS, they could just as easily be as eventful as ADwD, which you are suggesting should be covered in less than half a season.

There is no way that they could get through the Meereen and Wall stuff that quickly unless they cut out every other location in the show aside from those two, and they would never do that. There just isn't enough time in a season to move that quickly, because they have ~10 storylines outside of those 2 that they also need to service.

Where are you pulling the "8 season maximum" thing from. I have seen various quotes saying that 8 seasons is the goal, but NOTHING saying that it is a maximum and that they can never make more than that.

Also, all we know about TWoW and ADoS is that they will be as long as ASoS/ADwD. It is nothing but speculation that they will be as eventful as ASoS, they could just as easily be as eventful as ADwD, which you are suggesting should be covered in less than half a season.

There is no way that they could get through the Meereen and Wall stuff that quickly unless they cut out every other location in the show aside from those two, and they would never do that. There just isn't enough time in a season to move that quickly, because they have ~10 storylines outside of those 2 that they also need to service.

They could definitely get through the stuff at the Wall in one season. Not much happens there at all it just seems like it because it's spread out over a lot of chapters. Same goes for Meereen, where they'll probably cut a lot of characters anyway.

Also, TWOW and ADOS better be really eventful if GRRM wants to wrap the story up in two books.

Archived