If you had one wish, what would you want to happen by the end of ASOIAF?

The Snowman

am I weird for hoping the 14 year old girl DOESENT end up with the 30-40 year old kinslaying rapist?

Tyrions a 25/26yo plz dont mix with the TV shows, and Sansa is flowered and a woman now. Tyrion has never raped anyone, we can only speculate about it. And Tywin tried to kill him first when he decided to not give a shit about tyrion being executed.

Am I weird for hoping the 14 year old girl DOESN'T end up with the 20-30 year old violent alcoholic remorseless child-killer? Not that I ship Tyrion and Sansa, but SanSan just makes me want to gag.

Technically, that is GRRM's fault in how he admits with playing around with that. Especially, seeing he is the one that made her imagine him kissing her and in her wedding bed.

Tyrions a 25/26yo plz dont mix with the TV shows, and Sansa is flowered and a woman now. Tyrion has never raped anyone, we can only speculate about it. And Tywin tried to kill him first when he decided to not give a shit about tyrion being executed.

Tyrion raped a sex slave, and why would Tywin be concerned that a convicted murder might be executed?

Tyrion raped a sex slave, and why would Tywin be concerned that a convicted murder might be executed?

Shae false testimony followed by finding her in his bed seems pretty related to me. Tyrion became a convinced murderer when Tywin decided it.

Shae false testimony followed by finding her in his bed seems pretty related to me. Tyrion became a convinced murderer when Tywin decided it.

Tyrion asked for a Trial by Combat and within that trial he was found guilty. Moreover, Shae wasn't the only witness to convict Tyrion instead there were a number of people that pointed the finger at him.

TYrion certainly raped that slave girl... he even got a kick out of it

Does that count? Let's consider things for a second. We judge the morality of the characters by their culture's standards, not our own. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are against the death penalty who absolutely loved seeing Jon snick off Janos Slynt's head, and Ned's attitude of carrying out beheadings himself is considered honourable, not barbaric (as it would be in our world). Jaime Lannister is kept in absolutely brutal conditions, conditions far worse than Gitmo detainees, as are those kept in the ice cells at the Wall.

With that in mind, let's consider slaves. When it comes to a slave, consent is a non-issue. It just doesn't figure into the morality of the time and place in which Tyrion found himself. As far as Tyrion was concerned, the girl was a whore, but instead of paying her, he paid her owner, which is how slavery works. The slave was in no position to say no, so he didn't.

So yes, while you can say it wasn't exactly honorable on his part, if you judge him by the culture's standards, it was merely just that: not all that honorable. It was only rape by our standards, and by our standards, Ned Stark is a filthy murderer.

Does that count? Let's consider things for a second. We judge the morality of the characters by their culture's standards, not our own. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are against the death penalty who absolutely loved seeing Jon snick off Janos Slynt's head, and Ned's attitude of carrying out beheadings himself is considered honourable, not barbaric (as it would be in our world). Jaime Lannister is kept in absolutely brutal conditions, conditions far worse than Gitmo detainees, as are those kept in the ice cells at the Wall.

With that in mind, let's consider slaves. When it comes to a slave, consent is a non-issue. It just doesn't figure into the morality of the time and place in which Tyrion found himself. As far as Tyrion was concerned, the girl was a whore, but instead of paying her, he paid her owner, which is how slavery works. The slave was in no position to say no, so he didn't.

So yes, while you can say it wasn't exactly honorable on his part, if you judge him by the culture's standards, it was merely just that: not all that honorable. It was only rape by our standards, and by our standards, Ned Stark is a filthy murderer.

In Westeros standards slavery is a terrible and outlawed institution, thus I doubt most people of his native society would look favorably on him telling them he had sex with a sex slave.

In Westeros standards slavery is a terrible and outlawed institution, thus I doubt most people of his native society would look favorably on him telling them he had sex with a sex slave.

EXACTLY, you might have a point if slavery was the norm where tyrion grew up... but it was considered despicable... tyrion knew it was wrong, and did it anyways.

Tyrion is 100% a rapist, I'm not saying hes evil, but he did commit rape knowingly.

TYrion wouldnt just be a rapist by our standards, hes a rapist by the standards of westeros

Sure, they wouldn't look on him favourably, but it wouldn't be considered the same as rape. It would be considered the same as having a slave cook for him while in Lys.

How about a redo of the Red Viper/Mountain fight so I can yell at Oberyn to stay the fuck away.

You already tried but got yourself killed before saying a word (stupid stableboy). It is too late know u had your chance.

Sure, they wouldn't look on him favourably, but it wouldn't be considered the same as rape. It would be considered the same as having a slave cook for him while in Lys.

Not really as those are two widely different acts.

....really?

Your obviously a fan of tyrions, but even with the mental gymnastics... hes still a rapist.

What makes it worse is he takes pleasure from it... he can tell she finds him repulsive and wants nothing to do with him and he rapes her anyways...

Archived