TOJ mystery

Euronor

Because transfering that many corpses would be quite impractical. Ned had to drag 5 corpses across entire Westeros, plus his sister`s body. He didn`t bring Arthur`s body to Starfell, only the sword. So, I imagine, he thought it would be better to bury them, and horse, who as was said, was great animal, return to the family.

The horse brought Eddard, not Eddard the horse.

Also this.

So if this were a conspiracy what would it be? Is lord Willam the Hooded Man?

I also think about a conspiracy, but the problem is, Eddard is too honored to participate in a plot

Yes, he is too humble and does not seem himself worthy to to participate in a plot. ;)

Ned dindn't even brought back home the bones of his friends and built them tumbs in the place of the ToJ, plus the memory of the events mades him sad, so I think all the death men in that fight are death

Why would ned stark bring back lady dustins prized horse but not her husbands bones?

IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE HOOCH!

I smell a conspiracy

well transporting bodies across country sounds like a big hassle, and their grave actually sounds pretty epic.

well transporting bodies across country sounds like a big hassle, and their grave actually sounds pretty epic.

The problem is we have precedence for bodies being transported back and forth in the middle of war to bury them with ancestors so theres no reason Ned couldn't have had arranged the Silent Sisters or something else to carry the bones back, I think he used the cairns as an excuse to tear down the Tower to prevent some info from getting out.

The ToJ was in a very remote area. There were no Silent Sisters conveniently hanging around. It was simply a matter of logistics, and another unfortunate cost of war. I'd wager that the overwhelming majority of men that died during the Rebellion were not returned to their homes, but rather buried / cremated where they laid.

The problem is we have precedence for bodies being transported back and forth in the middle of war to bury them with ancestors so theres no reason Ned couldn't have had arranged the Silent Sisters or something else to carry the bones back, I think he used the cairns as an excuse to tear down the Tower to prevent some info from getting out.

true but Dorne to the North is a really long way to travel. One of his companions was even from the mountain clans. I'm sure he could've pulled it off but I think he just wanted to make the big tribute to his fallen friends.

Archived