I don't know why but I hate Dany?

I wish more people were like the op and would admit why they really hate her, cause the examples given doesnt match. Twisting examples from the books or double standards when she does it it's cruel and insane but anyone no they have a reason. Everyone's reason is like the op they just can't admit it right :)

Avoiding my post... :dunno:

For the most part, readers who dislike Dany don't really care about her sexual habits, they mostly dislike her for her political actions, such as torturing the wine sellers daughters in front of him...

I just want to add real quick, Dany does in fact learn from this, and later on in the book she forbids the Shavepate to torture because it doesn't work.

Obviously, us Dany-haters are just mean people who made up all the terrible things she's done cause we're bad people...

Don't tell anyone. But it's all a revenge conspiracy because she friendzoned Jorah. We hate girls who friendzone and end up banging the dude with blue hair. It's just not fair, you know.

Obviously, us Dany-haters are just mean people who made up all the terrible things she's done cause we're bad people...

I am not saying these are made up things, I am just saying that she did what she needed to do to take the cities and get where she is now. War is hell. There are casualties.

I have a love/hate relationship with her. I have high hopes for her character and that's why I stick with her. She's had glimpses of becoming the lethal dominating ruler we all want her to be. I think her last chapter was kind of a prelude of things to come and I'm hoping for at least a Westeros landing by the end of the next book. The more the Dragons burn the more Dany's fans will grow. A good start would be offing Daario.

Yea, so I'm not a Dany hater, though I think she's deserving of measured critique, which she never gets since most Dany threads are in this vein, which makes it that much harder to discuss as it just continues this divisive strawman circle jerk.

Yea, so I'm not a Dany hater, though I think she's deserving of measured critique, which she never gets since most Dany threads are in this vein, which makes it that much harder to discuss as it just continues this divisive strawman circle jerk.

I could be considered a hater at this point, I honestly would be more accepting of her if her whole story arc would've made real progress, instead of just sitting in Meereen and making atrocious decisions...

So that's why she started the conquest for the Iron Throne? Oh I must have missed her desperate desire to free slaves in the first book when she began her Fire and Blood quest and TOOK slaves.

Let some assholes wipe out your entire family to rule a continent that said family had ruled for upwards of 300 hundred years, and see how happy you are. And she doesn't have slaves she has hand maidens and cup bearers...

Never happened.

Fine... here you go.
Slaves, Dany thought. Khal Drogo would drive them downriver to one of the towns on Slaver’s Bay. She wanted to cry, but she told herself that she must be strong. This is war, this is what it looks like, this is the price of the Iron Throne.
They passed other women being raped. Each time Dany reined up, sent her khas to make an end to it, and claimed the victim as slave. One of them, a thick-bodied, flat-nosed woman of forty years, blessed Dany haltingly in the Common Tongue, but from the others she got only flat black stares.

Meanwhile this is going on and she does nothing...

Dany saw one boy bolt and run for the river. A rider cut him off and turned him, and the others boxed him in, cracking their whips in his face, running him this way and that. One galloped behind him, lashing him across the buttocks until his thighs ran red with blood. Another snared his ankle with a lash and sent him sprawling. Finally, when the boy could only crawl, they grew bored of the sport and put an arrow through his back.

Archived