I don't know why but I hate Dany?

Fine... here you go.

Meanwhile this is going on and she does nothing...

Those were Drogo's slaves... What was she supposed to do? Revolt against her husband who is probably the strongest Khal around and not to mention she is scared to death of him at this point?

Is it better to raped over and over again or pour drinks?

Those were Drogo's slaves... What was she supposed to do? Revolt against her husband who is probably the strongest Khal around and not to mention she is scared to death of him at this point?

Is it better to raped over and over again or pour drinks?

They were Drogo's slaves because of her, because she eventually convinced him to go after the Iron Throne and begin the conquest. It only failed miserably because of her brilliant decision to let the woman whose life she just ruined see to her Sun and Stars' wounds.

You say she ruined MMD's life... By stopping the rape... That is comical to me. Obviously MMD had no reason to live anymore and would have been perfectly happy to be raped repeatedly and then killed, but to stop the raping was compassionate, IMO. And the reality is, Drogo would have burned cities, killed lamb men, raped women etc, etc, etc wether or not Dany talked him into going to the 7 kingdoms or not.

It's not that I dislike her, it's that I like Stannis, her rival for the IT

As such, I can't pull for her to succeed.

It's like Duke v. North Carolina in college basketball or Yankees v. Red Sox.

You really can't like both teams in a rivalry.

Maybe instead, if she would have asked REALLY nicely for the Slavers to give up their cities and unchain their slaves, they would have given in without the need for Dany to use force and fire. Then maybe she would have more fans in the forums. :bs:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) doesn't like her too

HBO Which character or being scares you the most?

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Melisandre the Red priestess-she's a scary woman. There's also something about that type of power that Daenerys has. Most people believe she's doing the right thing, but she's burning people alive. She's got a chip on her shoulder. I don't want her to come across the Narrow Sea. She's going to burn thousands and thousands and thousands of people and have that self-righteous smirk on her face the whole time.

http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/episodes/3/27-the-bear-and-the-maiden-fair/interview/nikolaj-coster-waldau.html

Every character in the series (many who aren't teenagers by the way) have done questionable shit, why is she the only one who should be held accountable?

Ramsay, Roose, Lord Petyr, the Mountain all get their share of criticism. Arya gets called a psychopathic murderer. Stannis's penchant for burning people alive certainly draws unfavorable comment. Dany is NOT the only one held accountable.

Why do people think she's entitled? Nobody talks about Stannis being entitled or, for that matter, every other hereditary aristocrat or monarch throughout the asoiaf universe.

'Entitled' suggests a bratty teenager who demands expensive presents and never does chores. If people think Dany is anything like the type of whiny brat they're familiar with from their own experience, that suggest to me a failure of the imagination.

Don't tell anyone. But it's all a revenge conspiracy because she friendzoned Jorah. We hate girls who friendzone and end up banging the dude with blue hair. It's just not fair, you know.

Heh. I knew it.

Really, there are a ton of LF fans on this board.

I liked him as a character, but he should be more hated that he is. He caused a war because of his own gain and profit but I guess that many people don't see the severity of his involvement because he kept his hands clean. Dany and many other leaders DO get their hands bloody because they are fighting the wars that people like LF and Varys started behind scenes in first place.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime) doesn't like her too

HBO Which character or being scares you the most?

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Melisandre the Red priestess-she's a scary woman. There's also something about that type of power that Daenerys has. Most people believe she's doing the right thing, but she's burning people alive. She's got a chip on her shoulder. I don't want her to come across the Narrow Sea. She's going to burn thousands and thousands and thousands of people and have that self-righteous smirk on her face the whole time.

http://www.hbo.com/g...ter-waldau.html

Of course he should be scared, Jaime killed her father :P

I disliked her for staying in Mereen for so long after claiming she wants to go to Westeros... Then a golden opportunity comes up, go to Westeros, use your army, and help bring back stability to the region, allow the ex-slaves to work towards their own freedom and towards lasting change, instead of baby sitting them and putting your own ambitions on hold... But no, she says no. Then a second, even better opportunity comes in the form of less-than-attractive Quentyn, who she does not even consider because he isn't Daario...

She says she's blood of the dragon, but she doesn't act like it, and I hate hypocrites. She's leading people like Barristan on about reclaiming her throne, and Barristan does think that she is trying to, just like Jorah did before him, when it's obvious she'd rather babysit her ex-slaves.

There I thought Dany was honoring a political peace agreement/marriage alliance with a man she did not find attractive at all.

But of course, Dany only said no to Quentyn because he is not hot. Nothing to do with the fact that her marriage of convenience (not with Daario btw) is just a day away. Nothing to do with the fact that Doran could not care less for her and her brother when they had to sell their mother´s crown. or Dany herself a bit later.

No, the girl really should have been grateful when Quentyn arrives after more than a decade, giving her a treaty that did not even deal with her directly.

For the most part, readers who dislike Dany don't really care about her sexual habits, they mostly dislike her for her political actions, such as torturing the wine sellers daughters in front of him...

I really wish this was true but sadly I read the opposite often enought..

All these ppl are gonna feel silly when sweet lil bran uses blood magic to resurrect jon snow, sometimes the hero does some fucked up stuff but they are still the hero.

Or when Jaime tries to kill a little boy and ponders killing a little girl. Or when Tyrion kills his father and his lover and later rapes a slave..... wait that happened! And still gets excused.

I like Dany, I hate Meereen. Its that simple for me.

Yes, she has done some questionable things, but no more than characters like Jaime, Tyrion, and even Stannis.

I Wanted to write an elaborate post on this but you say it in two sentences. Nice to finally meet someone sharing my Dany ambivalence. I hate the orientalist chliches that are Meeren and her enemies.

Why do people think she's entitled? Nobody talks about Stannis being entitled or, for that matter, every other hereditary aristocrat or monarch throughout the asoiaf universe.

Plenty of people call Stannis entitled, as well as the rest of the lot. Really the only ones in this series who have escaped criticism for the most part are a couple Starks. (Jon Snow, and... Yeah, that's it.)

Yes, she has done some questionable things, but no more than characters like Jaime, Tyrion, and even Stannis.

The final nail for me is her ordering the ShavePate to "use" the daughters of an innkeeper in front of him for an off-chance he was involved in the posoning of an Unsullied. None of the people you mentioned did anything like it. And the very few in the whole books did. Such as Vargo or Gregor. She placed herself right there.

They were Drogo's slaves because of her, because she eventually convinced him to go after the Iron Throne and begin the conquest. It only failed miserably because of her brilliant decision to let the woman whose life she just ruined see to her Sun and Stars' wounds.

To be fair, what ultimately convinces Drogo to go after the Iron throne is the wineseller's attempt on the life of Dany and their unborn child. Before then, Dany wasn't having much luck convincing him about the value of pursuing the "Iron Chair". Also, let's not pretend that Drogo wasn't involved in the slave trade long before he met and married Dany.

There I thought Dany was honoring a political peace agreement/marriage alliance with a man she did not find attractive at all.

But of course, Dany only said no to Quentyn because he is not hot. Nothing to do with the fact that her marriage of convenience (not with Daario btw) is just a day away. Nothing to do with the fact that Doran could not care less for her and her brother when they had to sell their mother´s crown. or Dany herself a bit later.

No, the girl really should have been grateful when Quentyn arrives after more than a decade, giving her a treaty that did not even deal with her directly.

As a matter of fact, Daenerys rejected Quentyn partly because of his looks:

“Tell me, Prince Quentyn, are you enchanted?”

“No, Your Grace.”

“I feared as much.” Neither enchanted nor enchanting, alas. A pity he’s the prince, and not the one with the wide shoulders and the sandy hair.

Barristan also comments on how she might have responded differently if Quentyn was handsome.

Personally, I don't hold it against her, I strongly believe that attraction is a condition sine qua non for a relationship/marriage. Just pointing the fact.

Archived