Original Reactons to the Purple Wedding

I was spoiled for both the Red Wedding and Ned's death. But the Purple Wedding was a total surprise. I was so happy, especially when Sansa escaped right after. Probably the most perfect thing that ever happened in the books.

Never get that people were dissappointed by it, but then I'm not a particulary bloodthirsty person and find Joff's slow suffocating death plenty horrific enough for the little fucker. The whole scene is a nightmare. Or as Tyrion put it: In retrospect his wedding was the least terrible one (and it was plenty terrible).

I was still numb from the RW that had just happened, so I honestly found little joy in it.

Me, too. I probably should re-read everything that happened after the RW. People here will talk about stuff that happened afterwards of which I have no recollection. I do remember rushing through the PW to the end because I thought there was no way something bad could actually happen to the Lannisters...

It's really the PW that helped me understand GRRMs dedication to realism. There are no true heroes and no true villains, only players of the game of thrones.

I was annoyed because I expected I worse death for him

I was like "this is how he's gonna die?!"

I'm with you. I wanted someone to behead Joffrey, like he did to Ned.

I wanted to know the little MFer shit in his pants knowing he was going to get his head chopped off.

Archived