Walder Frey pre RW

Batman

Not too highly... There is a reason why he was called `Late Lord Frey` by Hoster Tully. That was a good indicator of what kind of man he is.

Pretty much this. I won't say I saw the RW coming, but there were plenty of signs that the guy couldn't be trusted. Like Robb and Catelyn I misjudged just how little trust he was worth though - I thought be might deny Robb passage or something similar, but nothing like what happened. Of course, with hindsight, there are a fair few indicators that it was going to happen, but then you know what they say about hindsight.

Probably quite indifferent, they were just another House really. I mean they fought for Robb so I probably respected them for that but otherwise they didn't really stand out until the RW. I did like Ser Stevron though, and wasn't to fond of Walder IIRC.

Obviously I felt negatively about him based on his reputation and interactions, but several Freys had served Robb well and I was beginning to acquire a bit of respect for that house (if not Walder Frey himself). Then shit got crazy, and he's public enemy #1.

Obviously I felt negatively about him based on his reputation and interactions, but several Freys had served Robb well and I was beginning to acquire a bit of respect for that house (if not Walder Frey himself). Then shit got crazy, and he's public enemy #1.

Yeah. What is often overlooked is the fact that House Frey did fight for Robb and greatly helped his cause, I mean Walder lost his son and heir Ser Stevron in the war as well as other Frey's.

I always found Walder and his posse of Freys of the same mould as the Reynes, wherein they did not actively respect their liege lords. Perhaps the Tullys were a bit lax in reigning in Lord Walder and his wayward ways, which subsequently led to the outright betrayal of the RW. I very much doubt Lord Walder would act as callously as he had in the past, even back in the War of the Usurper days, if the Lannisters were his liege lords.

I already disliked him because it was clear he was very petty. In a world where honouring your liege lord and obeying him is paramount, his refusal to come when Tully called his banners should have been taken as intentional and seen him kicked from his holdings. In short: He should have been Goodbrooked.

I liked him before and I like him after. I enjoy his nonchalant attitude and the fact that he doesn't give a damn about anyone. He's a great troll and isn't afraid to say what he means. All of his scenes had me laughing.

Archived