New York City Game of Thrones Book Trivia Night - June 25th at 8.00pm

Yes, you can change your "team" - just email the address on the confirmation. I did and got a response back immediately. He said if we don't have enough players, he will just match us up with other people who signed up individually.

So if anyone wants to add to the "Hot Pies" please feel free!

Good luck and sharp memory-retrival to all!

I hope there's folks who will take photos, vid, or Tweet during the contest, so we can all cheer and jeer together.

GO Teams GO!

There was a moment last week at the biergarten that someone (a non-boarder, I believe) asked a question about the books. After scratching our heads for a minute, Mr. X and I looked at each other with a look that said, "We are totally gonna fail at this quiz, aren't we..."

Too bad the questions aren't going to be about this board. We were answering questions about the board like machine gun fire.

I can make the Ginger Man too. Looking forward to meeting you guys. (Though I'm feeling a bit left out since I haven't been able to find any teammates!!!)

Odds are my husband will join you. Unfortunately he's pretty useless trivia-wise (he has read all the books but it was a while ago), but he's a very nice guy.

Are you guys planning on dressing up as Hot Pies? :P

ETA: And with odds are I mean to say that he doesn't have a ticket yet and it says the tickets are Sold Out, but I wrote an email to the guy and we're hoping for the best.

Oh yeah, and I have 3.5 maesters chains made. Will finish the rest tomorrow.

Squeeeeeeee! I am so ridiculously stoked for this event...

I'll be rocking my Spinal Tap tshirt - seemed fitting (since my Metallica tshirts no longer exist :crying: ). I may be carrying a Megaforce Records watch (with a dead battery) as a totem (because I can't bring Cliff Burton's belt).

Cramming heraldry right now... One never knows if they're gonna expect us to know some lesser house sigil in the last round. :eek:

See you all tomorrow!

I'm wearing my Rat Cook shirt because I can.

And I thought about throwing a copy of AGoT in my backpack to brush up on things, but then decided against it as reading may impair my chances of making a hilariously wrong answer, as promised.

I must've eaten something bad for lunch yesterday because ever since, my stomach feels like there's a Cuato trying to fight its way out of there. I was puking all afternoon and went to bed at 7pm. I feel a bit better today - enough to come to work - but I'm still a bit queasy.

I don't think it's food poisoning, but just a heads up in case things turn sour and I have to cancel.

In any case, I'm Rat-Cookin', too. I felt it was appropriate considering I can't really stomach much of anything today.

Naz - Hope you're feeling better!

I didn't get any respond from trivia people so the husband won't be playing. He'll still show up at the Ginger Man though, most likely before me.

In case any new person has trouble finding the group, this is me on the Iron Throne. Although somehow I have a feeling X-Ray with the bullet belt will be easy to find.

In what seems to be becoming something of a pattern, I am already at Ginger Man. On the left side as you walk into bar, at a table across from the rough midpoint of the bar. We will see how well I can defend this table.

Archived