A quote that defines a person.

Btw, was that also in the books, or only in the TV show? Cause I really love that quote.

Show only. Well technically Aerys in a flashback says it about Robert but that's not the point. One hell of a great quote. Speaking o the TV show,

"Where do whores go?" for Ros.

Edit: Didn't notice the quoted post was on the first page. Question has probably already been answered.

Btw, was that also in the books, or only in the TV show? Cause I really love that quote.

*Show only. Well technically Aerys in a flashback says it about Robert but that's not the point. One hell of a great quote. Speaking o the TV show,

"Where do whores go?" for Ros.

Edit: Didn't notice the quoted post was on the first page. Question has probably already been answered.

*Let him be king of charred bones and cooked meat. - Aerys The Mad King

Here's the full quote on that:

Upon a towering barbed throne sat an old man in rich robes, an old man with dark eyes and long silver-grey hair. “Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat,” he said to a man below him. “Let him be the king of ashes.” Drogon shrieked, his claws digging through silk and skin, but the king on his throne never heard, and Dany moved on.

Aerys speaking of Robert

"I know that she spent her childhood in exile, impoverished, living on dreams and schemes, running from one city to the next, always fearful, never safe, friendless but for a brother who was by all accounts half-mad...a brother who sold her maidenhood to the Dothraki for the promise of an army. I know that somewhere upon the grass, her dragons hatched, and so did she. I know she is proud. How not? What else was left her but pride? I know she is strong. How not? The Dothraki despise weakness. If Daenerys had been weak, she would have perished with Viserys. I know she is fierce. Astapor, Yunkai and Meereen are proof enough of that. She has survived assassins and conspiracies and fell sorceries, grieved for a brother and a husband and a son, trod the cities of the slavers to dust beneath her dainty sandaled feet"

-Tyrion about Daenerys

I stopped believing in gods the day I saw the Windproud break up across the bay. Any gods so monstrous as to drown my mother and father would never have my worship, I vowed. In King’s Landing, the High Septon would prattle at me of how all justice and goodness flowed from the Seven, but all I ever saw of either was made by men.

"I know that she spent her childhood in exile, impoverished, living on dreams and schemes, running from one city to the next, always fearful, never safe, friendless but for a brother who was by all accounts half-mad...a brother who sold her maidenhood to the Dothraki for the promise of an army. I know that somewhere upon the grass, her dragons hatched, and so did she. I know she is proud. How not? What else was left her but pride? I know she is strong. How not? The Dothraki despise weakness. If Daenerys had been weak, she would have perished with Viserys. I know she is fierce. Astapor, Yunkai and Meereen are proof enough of that. She has survived assassins and conspiracies and fell sorceries, grieved for a brother and a husband and a son, trod the cities of the slavers to dust beneath her dainty sandaled feet"

-Tyrion about Daenerys

If he can swing half as good a speech to her in person, he'll be sorted lol.

Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.-Tyrion to Jon says a lot about Tyrion.

"He is me"-Jaime about Loras.

Jaime's aunt (I forget her name), on Tyrion & Jaime:

"There's some Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak-- but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you".

Damn insightful, really. More insightful than Tywin ever was, on family matters.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" - Bran Stark

"That is the only time a man can be brave." - Eddard Stark

This will always be my favorite quote from the books. It may or may not be a conventional saying but when I read Game of Thrones, that was the first time I had ever heard this said before. It's so damn true and Ned certainly proved his bravery.

Archived