If Stannis dies, where will his fans flock too?

The Crow

Just seeing this. Yup. When Stannis bites it, all the stanstans will say he didn't and he's just showing prudence and planning his next move like he did on Dragonstone when he ran from King's Landing.

To be fair, there's at least a bit of foreshadowing with this:

"When you're in the East, you may hear I am dead, it may even be true."

He tells this to Justin Massey, which implies that Stannis is going to fake his death, because it may be true that he is dead, which is always a possibility.

But E-Ro, that poor girl! You'd wish something as horrible as the IT on her? Isn't the Greyscale enough?

I know I'd follow him everywhere but the grave. However the idea of Davos acting as regent would be attractive ehh I'll deal with that when I get there

I think shireen has it in here to be a great queen regnant. She would be the first queen regnant in westerosi history and honestly, i can see the series ending like this. The sitting the throne is a major hassle i agree, its a hard life to be a responsible ruler. But it is her duty, as stannis' heir.

So it's been said. Even Varys may be letting his emotions for Aegon blind him for how he really is. I have not seen anything to imply he is actually like that, besides Varys's little speech.

But we haven't seen anything to imply the opposite or something like dany 2.0 . Well, his outburst at Tyrion was an answer to his arrogance and general mockery (I don't have the details in mind, so correct me if I'm wrong).

Instead we can assume that he has lived a relatively sheltered live, raised by a man who probably loved the memory of Rhaegar (by most accounts a man outstanding, in a good way) in him. So it's unlikely that he has been scarred in some way that would have harmed his personal development permanently.

He has been supervised almost his whole life, so he is used to follow the guidance of authority, which is likely reducing the selfishness and egocentricity that comes with the sense of entitlement. One of such authorities being JonCon, a man who was familiar with the brilliance of Rhaegar and the madness of Aerys - what better man to shape a ruler?

Also, with Connigton's greyscale, the conflicting ambitions of the Tyrells and the Martells (both wanting to marry their daughters off to him?) there is enough room for tradegy and conflict for good charcter-development.

All in all, my expectations are pretty high.

Now what we have seen of him was sensible decision-making (more than can be said for a quite a few of other "players"). But the outstandingly good moves only appear as such in their aftermath, for example, the reader wasn't present when the planing of Robb's victories took place (we mostly heard of the impact it had on the Lannisters), so we will have to wait to see how well Aegon will fare, given what we saw so far, I expect the best.

PS: On the occasion of this being my first serious post, I would like to say how much I like this forum, all the passion, all the fun and all the thought put into the discussions here ♥

Plus greyscale isn't lethal in children after it's run its course, which it already did with Shireen. Shireen isn't at risk, the Maesters know more about Greyscales than Wildlings do.

I'd fight for Shireen anyways.

I can totally see westeros getting behind shireen after all they loved stannis and imagine all the houses vying for her hand so she can produce lots of Lil princes and all her actions thus far let's me believe she's everything a queen should be.

I can totally see westeros getting behind shireen after all they loved stannis

If stannis stops the others instead of playing the got the lords of westeros will bend the knee to his daughter out of respect.

If stannis stops the others instead of playing the got the lords of westeros will bend the knee to his daughter out of respect.

Or out of the fact that they've no option. When winter truly comes to Westeros by default they may look to Stannis as the toughest guy who could lead their survival attempt.

There is only one true king, it is known, and if he were to die, we all lost the game of thrones and would not have the oppurtunity to switch sides. Jon Snow is a warg, bastard born, not fit to be a king, Abomination!! Dany has no honor, Abomination!! Tommen is a product of incest, Abomination!! The crow's eye is a kinslayer, Abomination!! (the red woman's shadow killed Renley and he was a pretender anyway, so I don't want to hear it)

To be fair, there's at least a bit of foreshadowing with this:

"When you're in the East, you may hear I am dead, it may even be true."

He tells this to Justin Massey, which implies that Stannis is going to fake his death, because it may be true that he is dead, which is always a possibility.

Stannis fighting a war. It's perfectly reasonable to believe he will end up dead in a battle or his enemies will start rumor that Stannis is dead. I don't believe there is any ulterior motive on Stannis part. He is just being thorough with Justin Massey so that Justin will go through with his mission.

Yeah, I really dont get why there is no shireen love. Shes his heir, as he is roberts. Its the law folks.

I don't hate Shireen nor do I really like her, but I can see her dying in the near future.

Yeah, I really dont get why there is no shireen love. Shes his heir, as he is roberts. Its the law folks.

Also, you guys are the best :D

I guess most people assume Shireen doesn't have what it takes to be a good ruler, for whatever reason.

Also, your welcome. :)

It doesn't matter. Shireen already told us that she's going to be eaten by dragons. Remember she has Targ blood so she might be able to have dragon dreams. That is basically farewell for her. I also noticed that the show had her talking about dragon teeth. LOL, cruel.

Also, you guys are the best :D

Ι think that people tend to not like her because of greyscale... and because she isn't pretty. Reasons I think that they are :bs:

Also welcome back sir welcome back :cheers:

It doesn't matter. Shireen already told us that she's going to be eaten by dragons. Remember she has Targ blood so she might be able to have dragon dreams. That is basically farewell for her. I also noticed that the show had her talking about dragon teeth. LOL, cruel.

If Danys dragons ate Shireen, Stannis would stop at absolutely nothing to end Dany. As much as I don't want Shireen to die I almost hope that happens knowing what it could lead to.

If Danys dragons ate Shireen, Stannis would stop at absolutely nothing to end Dany. As much as I don't want Shireen to die I almost hope that happens knowing what it could lead to.

I hope your right, someone has to set Dany straight once and for all.

Archived