Which character is effected by war the most?

King of Winters

See things are already starting to look better! :P

Fair enough. I still think Jon's like could refer to a waif-like 'freezing' and I still think that 'freezing' might be temporary (the waif still handles the poisons on a daily basis after all). I'm not ready to jump on the 'Arya is completely doomed' bandwagon.

Out of curiosity: Have you thought about the foreshadowing implications of the blood orange/snowball stuff with Sansa? Could you direct me to a relevant post?

It's only a role though and something she only wanted temporarily or on the side.

She handles poison but she is teaching Arya about many different poisons. The waif's growth was permanently stunted. It happened when she was little. She actually is that way because of an attempted murder.

"My Mother died when I was little, I have no memory of her. When I was six my father wed again. His new wife treated me kindly until she gave birth to a daughter of her own. Then it was her wish that I should die, so her own blood might inherit my father's wealth. She should have sought the favor of the Many-faced God, but she could not bear the sacrifice he would ask of her. Instead, she thought to poison me herself. it left me as you see me now, but I did not die. When the healers in the House of the Red Hands told my father what she had done, he came here and made sacrifice, offering up all his wealth and me. Him of Many Faces heard his prayer. I was brought to the temple to serve, and my father's wife received the gift"

I don't see it the snowflake as foreshadowing and I think it's separate from what Jon told Arya. The flashbacks were also of Robb and Bran. Robb definitely isn't going to be with his family in the end (except if there is an afterlife) and it looks unlikely for Bran.

If we are talking about losing family members I'll say Arya or Sansa, if we are talking about losing themselves and changing I'll say Jaime.

Arya and Theon have lost themselves much more than Jaime has. If anything, Jaime has sort of found himself. Jaime just decided to finally start giving a shit when he lost his hand.

She handles poison but she is teaching Arya about many different poisons. The waif's growth was permanently stunted. It happened when she was little. She actually is that way because of an attempted murder.

I thought that Arya's previous conversation with the FM indicated that it was more to do with the waif's current activities:

“No,” he said, “not unless you wish it. It is the poisons that have made her as you see her.”

Poisons. She understood then. Every evening after prayer the waif emptied a stone flagon into the waters of the black pool.

I think that in the passage you quoted I interpreted "as you see me now" as the waif's hollowed out appearance.

(or that could be the lie the waif referred to)

I don't see it the snowflake as foreshadowing and I think it's separate from what Jon told Arya. The flashbacks were also of Robb and Bran. Robb definitely isn't going to be with his family in the end (except if there is an afterlife) and it looks unlikely for Bran.

No, I'm referring to a memory from Sansa's snow castle chapter (Bran is present but it's mostly between Sansa and Arya) and an incident between Sansa and Arya in King's Landing where Arya throws a blood orange at Sansa's head (it's in a Sansa chapter).

There's some big similarities between the two incidents and they seem like they could be foreshadowing something. I know it's been discussed either in Ragnorak's snow castle thread or the PtP threads, but those are mostly Sansa fans... so I was interested in your perspective.

I thought that Arya's previous conversation with the FM indicated that it was more to do with the waif's current activities:

“No,” he said, “not unless you wish it. It is the poisons that have made her as you see her.”

Poisons. She understood then. Every evening after prayer the waif emptied a stone flagon into the waters of the black pool.

I think that in the passage you quoted I interpreted "as you see me now" as the waif's hollowed out appearance.

(or that could be the lie the waif referred to)

Not necessarily. He doesn't say the poisons are making her as you see her as if she's still doing it but that they have made her that way.

No, I'm referring to a memory from Sansa's snow castle chapter (Bran is present but it's mostly between Sansa and Arya) and an incident between Sansa and Arya in King's Landing where Arya throws a blood orange at Sansa's head (it's in a Sansa chapter).

There's some big similarities between the two incidents and they seem like they could be foreshadowing something. I know it's been discussed either in Ragnorak's snow castle thread or the PtP threads, but those are mostly Sansa fans... so I was interested in your perspective.

She said she thought her song was beginning that day but it was almost done. Past tense. They can't go back to it.

It has nothing to do with what Jon told Arya though or the other line's about Arya's fate.

She said she thought her song was beginning that day but it was almost done. Past tense. They can't go back to it.

It has nothing to do with what Jon told Arya though or the other line's about Arya's fate.

Okay, nevermind then.

I'll mention Jeyne Poole for the OP.

Archived