The other Two Dragon Riders

OberynBlackfyre

So, I really don't know why in the books or even to readers, the dragons or other two dragon riders seem mildly unimportant to what's going on, when truly the dragons/riders will probably be some of the most important keys to the rest of the tory.

I think the other two riders will not be people we expect, but people that will make sense. In other words, I don't think Tyrion or Jon Snow will become riders, however I don't think Belwas and Varys will become riders either. I think we need people who are somewhat the "middle ground". We have seen that having Targaryen blood doesn't necessarily matter as Plumm has a "drop" of the dragon blood and the dragons loved him, and Quentyn had probably more than a drop yet he burned to a crisp.

I think the two most likely to become riders are:

Ser Jorah (When he returns with Tyrion I think Dany will realize her folly in sending him away and finally realize she should marry him because of duty, not love.)

Aegon "Blackfyre"- this I think simply because his "identity" will make him a perfect candidate, plus a worthy second husband for Daenerys.

once again this is NOT of course to be taken as a fact, it's just a theory.

What does anyone else think? Who will the riders be, and what importance will they play within the next two books?

I very much doubt either will happen, particularly Jorah. Daenerys certainly won't ever marry him for any reason, and Jorah has never demonstrated any ability to control a dragon at all, and if he were to try he'd probably end up like Quentyn.

while that could be very true, who do YOU think will be the riders? I really want to see who people think will take the place of the riders because they will be very important in the rest of the story

Jorah is a super nice one. He'd have Mr. Dragons, Tyrion, as a coach to keep him from getting killed. And he'd have the support from Danny for becoming a dragon rider, which Tryion himself wouldn't have, and yet Tyrion can still be around the dragons and still perhaps have the chance to abscond with one later! And if Jorah is a rider-apparent who vouches for Tyrion as an indispensible dragon-tending trainer-keeper guy, this can be Tyrion's way in with Stormborn, instead of having Tyrion convince her he's awesome, which a lot of people think isn't likely to happen.

Ser Jorah (When he returns with Tyrion I think Dany will realize her folly in sending him away and finally realize she should marry him because of duty, not love.)

Why would she marry Jorah for love or duty?

I think Jon is a strong candidate, he is a warg, probably going to be one of the main heroes (the main hero) I'm not sure who else but for some reason I can't shake Ned Dayne from my mind, I'm sure he's got a massive part to play so I'm saying him.

Jorah is a super nice one. He'd have Mr. Dragons, Tyrion, as a coach to keep him from getting killed. And he'd have the support from Danny for becoming a dragon rider, which Tryion himself wouldn't have, and yet Tyrion can still be around the dragons and still perhaps have the chance to abscond with one later! And if Jorah is a rider-apparent who vouches for Tyrion as an indispensible dragon-tending trainer-keeper guy, this can be Tyrion's way in with Stormborn, instead of having Tyrion convince her he's awesome, which a lot of people think isn't likely to happen.

Yes!! This is exactly what I think is going to happen with Tyrion. I think after Jorah reunites with a now matured Dany, he is going to pretty much tell her how much Tyrion knows of dragonlore and then also support Tyrions own story of killing his own father, and wanting to now kill his brother and sister as well. I never saw Tyrion as a dragon rider but I definitely see him being close with the dragons and tending to them with love and care. maybe even getting an egg later?

Why would she marry Jorah for love or duty?

I think Jon is a strong candidate, he is a warg, probably going to be one of the main heroes (the main hero) I'm not sure who else but for some reason I can't shake Ned Dayne from my mind, I'm sure he's got a massive part to play so I'm saying him.

well when Jorah returns, I think she will finally be mature enough to realize that he is of more use to her. He fought his way back to her, pretty much giving her the Second Sons and Tyrion, who is the rightful heir to Casterly Rock. That could be HUGE for when she takes back Westeros, plus what happened with Hizdar, it's going to prove to her that a husband should be someone really loyal to her...who is more loyal than Jorah?

well when Jorah returns, I think she will finally be mature enough to realize that he is of more use to her. He fought his way back to her, pretty much giving her the Second Sons and Tyrion, who is the rightful heir to Casterly Rock. That could be HUGE for when she takes back Westeros, plus what happened with Hizdar, it's going to prove to her that a husband should be someone really loyal to her...who is more loyal than Jorah?

That's not duty then is it, she married Hizdar for duty. In your scenario she marries him because he is a safe bet, Daario has proven loyal why not marry him?

That's not duty then is it, she married Hizdar for duty. In your scenario she marries him because he is a safe bet, Daario has proven loyal why not marry him?

mm because Daario is fickle, and truly, I think Daario will still betray her somehow.

Jorah learns the craft via Tyrion, and Tyrion rides a dragon with Jorah (perhaps in something akin to a baby sling or a carseat, I hope).

The second will go riderless, simply a point and shoot weapon driven mad by Euron's dragonbinder. He'll never ride it, but he can direct it. It'll eventually fall in the North, and be wighted, returning as an Ice Dragon, maybe ridden by an Other, but probably not.

mm because Daario is fickle, and truly, I think Daario will still betray her somehow.

He's shown no signs yet that he will, Quaith warned her of alot of things but not Daario. If I'm honest though I don't think he would be an ideal match, but better than Jorah in the example that you give.

He's shown no signs yet that he will, Quaith warned her of alot of things but not Daario. If I'm honest though I don't think he would be an ideal match, but better than Jorah in the example that you give.

He isn't going to be the same after being used as a hostage. If, you know, he's still alive when Dany returns.

Sansa will soon warg birds, learn that she loves to fly, befriend Dany when she lands in the Vale and take flight on one of the dragons

Yes Dany will take a horse army and unsullied and dragons to a place thick with snow, without enough food to sustain her army, without shelter, without the means for appropriate clothing.

Dany just sent me a picture of that adventure...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b38/cowgirl695/P1010228.jpg

He isn't going to be the same after being used as a hostage. If, you know, he's still alive when Dany returns.

He may be dead but I don't think so as the Yunkish will want to treat him well so he brings the Stormcrows over to their side, I don't think he will though Ben Plumm was set up as the honest mercenary while we all expected Daario to betray her, then GRRM did his usual trick and turned the situation on it's head.

Yes Dany will take a horse army and unsullied and dragons to a place thick with snow, without enough food to sustain her army, without shelter, without the means for appropriate clothing.

Dany just sent me a picture of that adventure...

http://i16.photobuck...95/P1010228.jpg

:D

haha whhaat. Jon..maybe, but I'm assuming you mean warging for Bran?

Nope. With the right saddle even a cripple can ride. I think Martin told us who the riders would be from the begining, the Cripple, the Bastard and the Broken thing. Tyrion has already helped two of them, I believe he is about to help the third.

Bloodraven told Bran he would never walk but he would fly. Everyone assumes that is just the ravens. Bran has been flight training. Bran and Bloodraven are both Wargs, extremely powerful wargs. I think Bran is going to absorb Bloodraven into himself when Bloodraven is about to pass on.

Mel could eventually heal Bran as well, but the books set a precedent that he can ride without it or possibly Warg a dragon.

Bloodraven once stole a dragon egg, from house Butterwell. It had been a gift from Aegon IV. I nice gift might have been a cream and gold egg that would match the famed cream and gold walls of their ansestral home White walls. The same egg that was brought to Dany after her sons death, the egg that now felt warm, the egg she felt something move within. Three lives, three eggs, the child, the husband, the mother. That was the order of the deaths, the cripple the bastard and the broken thing. Also the Prince (Bran is a Prince), The King, the Queen.

Archived