The other Two Dragon Riders

OberynBlackfyre

the thought of Tyrion riding one in particular. How could that be anything but ridiculous?

Yes this!!!!!! I am like nine hundred percent opposed to Tyrion being a dragon rider and it was a stupid idea from the start. If anyone, I guess Jon and Aegon...but I almost hope Daenerys is the only dragon rider.

The series will not end with victory. Sorry. It will end with a prophecy in fulfillment and perhaps an understanding of what that prophecy means. Dany may not even have birthed Jon's child when the last chapter of the story ends, but we'll know that it will be that child (and its siblings) who will eventually end the Long Winter.

Well, you seem very sure of you're idea that Dany's imaginary children will be the heroes of the story, so who am I to say this is one of the most bizarre theories ive heard in my time here (?)

Well, you seem very sure of you're idea that Dany's imaginary children will be the heroes of the story, so who am I to say this is one of the most bizarre theories ive heard in my time here (?)

Not sure what else I can say. The long winter lasts a generation, which means that Dany (along with whoever else) will either solve it as and old woman or someone else from a successive generation will solve it. This means either way, there's either going to be a time jump, or we'll be left with a "the road ahead" ending. In other words, the problem you posit of "but there are only two novels left!" is a problem for both hypotheses, not just mine.

I think Dany loses two dragons by the end of WoW. One is killed by a FM (possibly with help) that learns how to bring them down. The other gets controlled by Euron, who ultimately kills Victarion. It is brought back to Westeros to help the Iron men against Aegon and the rest of Westeros. Dany remains in control of Drogon.

I imagine WoW to be an huge downer, ending in a very bleak manner.

why so many ships for Jon and Tyrion? Like stated earlier, I think that Tyrion would be a HUGE farce if he were to become a dragon rider. I love him as a character, but that just doesn't seem his destiny. I see him caring for the dragons and perhaps giving them aid, but not as a rider.

For Jon Snow, it would mean he would have to leave the Wall or Dany would have to go to the Wall.....which is A LOT to happen in one book.

I think what COULD happen is that Victarion/Euron get ahold of one of the dragons and then take it back to Westeros. Dany follows and fights them, and THAT becomes the second Dance of Dragons, rather than her fighting Aegon.

why so many ships for Jon and Tyrion? Like stated earlier, I think that Tyrion would be a HUGE farce if he were to become a dragon rider. I love him as a character, but that just doesn't seem his destiny. I see him caring for the dragons and perhaps giving them aid, but not as a rider.

For Jon Snow, it would mean he would have to leave the Wall or Dany would have to go to the Wall.....which is A LOT to happen in one book.

Then it is a good thing there are two books left and not one. Dany will come North in ADoS when she fights the Northmen who refuse to take her as their queen and want a Stark KitN.

Jon will ride a dragon given his Targaryen heritage and the clues pointing to him as AA.

Then it is a good thing there are two books left and not one. Dany will come North in ADoS when she fights the Northmen who refuse to take her as their queen and want a Stark KitN.

Jon will ride a dragon given his Targaryen heritage and the clues pointing to him as AA.

but with the Others coming, I really don't see all the fighting going on, or all this time available for fighting or Northmen wanting this or that. I really think the next two books are going to be about survival of the coming apocalyptic situation, which is gonna prove how sometimes the most carefully laid plans will mean nothing

I think alot of it has to do with A+J=T. If he is a secret Targ, and if Aegon is fake, then Tyrion, Jon Snow, and Daenerys are the only three characters that match the prophecy of the Woods Witch, and the dragon must have three heads. It's also relevant that the mothers of all three died in childbirth, reminiscent of Nissa Nissa.

but with the Others coming, I really don't see all the fighting going on, or all this time available for fighting or Northmen wanting this or that. I really think the next two books are going to be about survival of the coming apocalyptic situation, which is gonna prove how sometimes the most carefully laid plans will mean nothing

I don't think the Others won't make it past the Wall until it falls which is likely in either close to the end of TWoW or in ADoS. The Northmen will be busy with Stannis.

I think alot of it has to do with A+J=T. If he is a secret Targ, and if Aegon is fake, then Tyrion, Jon Snow, and Daenerys are the only three characters that match the prophecy of the Woods Witch, and the dragon must have three heads. It's also relevant that the mothers of all three died in childbirth, reminiscent of Nissa Nissa.

I don`t believe that three heads means three riders or three persons at all. I believe it`s one person.

Also regarding Nissa Nissa, you seem to forget, it was water, lion, women. In your equation, Tyrion is the oldest, and in Nissa Nissa story he is second. That excludes the interpretation that A+J=T has anything to do with either prophecy or Nissa Nissa.

I don`t believe that three heads means three riders or three persons at all. I believe it`s one person.

Also regarding Nissa Nissa, you seem to forget, it was water, lion, women. In your equation, Tyrion is the oldest, and in Nissa Nissa story he is second. That excludes the interpretation that A+J=T has anything to do with either prophecy or Nissa Nissa.

I wasn't thinking of them as each representing an attempt at forging, rather all three of them are the "third attempt" collectively, their mothers each representing Nissa Nissa in their own way. Dany, Jon, and Tyrion are all three of them "Lightbringer" as the three heads of the dragon.

I'll note that I don't actually put much stock into this interpretation, I'm simply explaining the appeal.

I wasn't thinking of them as each representing an attempt at forging, rather all three of them are the "third attempt" collectively, their mothers each representing Nissa Nissa in their own way. Dany, Jon, and Tyrion are all three of them "Lightbringer" as the three heads of the dragon.

I'll note that I don't actually put much stock into this interpretation, I'm simply explaining the appeal.

The point is that riders and heads of dragons are not the same. There can be many riders, even more than 3, we have seen it in the past, but heads are something different. It`s about one dragon with three heads. Look at it like one person with three identities, or three titles.

Archived