Cricket XVII

Paxter

Congrats to ljkeane for leading on the first day...

Hey I am top, I don't think it'll last.

Steve Smith may well be the most ungainly batsman I've seen play test cricket, he looks like he's going to fall over every ball he plays, but fair play to him he's doing pretty well so far.

If Broad's not going to bowl that may well change the balance of this game.

Bugger, just when they'd got my hopes up, Smith falls.

Beautiful day for batting, sunshine, if Australia doesn't make the most of this then England are going to enjoy some really nice batting conditions later in the day.

Our tail of Pattinson and Starc can whack it around a little bit but I don't expect them to hang around very long.

Australia fans, WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

England should wrap this up by lunch. I don't expect Hughes to be the backbone for the rest of the Aussie innings, and Anderson looks in great form. Pity about all the dropped catches though.

Anderson is earning me a lot of points in this fantasy league thing.

The far more likely scenario is that the slips will get some catching practice in the first 20 minutes...I have a feeling England might be batting again before tea.

England will be batting before lunch at this rate, though having said that, Swann has just dropped a reasonably straightforward catch. Saving some wickets for himself I reckon...

Edit: Fuck me, Anderson's a good bowler. He deserves to finish with 7 here.

Yep, definitely batting before lunch.

And I suggest that with the sun out, England are going to race into a handy lead by the end of the day. Could be looking at a lead of 300+ by the end of the day.

So I wasn't far off with my sub-100 total after all. I have a feeling this is going to be the story of the series. Like I've said before, I think we're going to become a Pakistan. Good bowlers, but batsmen wasting the opportunities and no real batting solidity. We might pull off the odd win here and there, but we're going to suffer a lot without much batting.

Need Clarke and Watson to come good in the second innings. Rogers might as well, actually. The others don't have much of a track record to expect a good innings - Cowan may hang in there, I suppose.

Archived