Replica Weapons who else buys them and your thoughts on them

The Black Hawk

I got all the replica weapons from Valyrian Steel company. Longclaw and Ice are Damacus steel really badass lookin. I also just a Damacus steel Longsword with black blade and red ripples I call it Fire cause the ripple look like flames. I also have been forging my own weapons using some of blacksmithing stuff my family owns. Now armor I hate because it looks cheaply made and really I say it is over priced

I got Needle and its scabbard. Needle is just as I pictured and its fun to use for saber'ing wine bottles, I've thought about having one side of it sharpened (not the side I use for saber'ing) but haven't yet.

The "valyrian" steel replicas look pretty lame to me, their damascus versions were only slightly less lame and at a ridiculous price. Maybe it is what GRRM pictured when he described valyrian steel, but in my mind that's not what steel folded hundreds of times could look like. After folding 20 times any pattern from different types of steel is indiscernible since each "layer" has been squished down to less than the thickness of a single atom (afaik patterned steel is generally 5-15 folds depending on the thickness you want for the patterns). I'm not sure what the "ripples" should look like, but for me that's not it.

eh..It's to bad Albion does do a version of AWOIAF.

I know Albion swords are far more expensive but there is something cool about the real thing. The Valyrian steel replicas seem like they would break in a real fight.

The Conan the Barbarian swords they make are unbelievable, as are any of the other swords they make.

Archived