Skinchanging a Dragon

manting

I don't see any reason why a dragon can't be warged. If it's a living breathing thing and can die I'm pretty sure it can be warged. Size shouldn't matter. I'm sure there might be some difficulty when it comes to the will of the animal. I would be prone to believe the higher the intelligence of the animal the harder it is to warg. Not impossible. Just harder. So the better and stronger the Wargs ability the better the success at warging.

It is possible Danaerys may be able to skin change with the dragons. This is in Storm of Swords:

Her dragons sensed her fury. Viserion roared, and smoke rose grey from his snout. Drogon beat the air with black wings, and Rhaegal twisted his head back and belched flame.

This is from Dance with Dragons:

Viserion sensed her disquiet.

This seems familiar. Here is a quote from Clash of Kings:

Grey Wind growled, as if he sensed Robb's anger.

There are more quotes like this, but the point is that this kind of empathy may be one of the early signs of a skin-changing bond.

It is possible Danaerys may be able to skin change with the dragons. This is in Storm of Swords:

This is from Dance with Dragons:

This seems familiar. Here is a quote from Clash of Kings:

There are more quotes like this, but the point is that this kind of empathy may be one of the early signs of a skin-changing bond.

I don't think Dany is a skinchanger. The dragons could sense her mood like dogs can with their owners.

I don't think Dany is a skinchanger. The dragons could sense her mood like dogs can with their owners.

But isn't that how it started with Robb/Grey Wind and Jon/Ghost?

I admit that there is nothing definitive. But as best I can tell, the only animals that are described in the books as "sensing" their owners' moods are the dragons, Grey Wind and Ghost.

I think it makes sense that Daenerys has some skinchanging ability because if skinchanging is a Targaryen ability it would explain how Aegon I and his descendants controlled their dragons, it could explain Bloodraven's skin-changing abilities, and it could validate a nice little theory that Rhaenys Targaryen currently has a second life in Balerion the cat.

I admit that there is nothing definitive. But as best I can tell, the only animals that are described in the books as "sensing" their owners' moods are the dragons, Grey Wind and Ghost.

I think it makes sense that Daenerys has some skinchanging ability because if skinchanging is a Targaryen ability it would explain how Aegon I and his descendants controlled their dragons, it could explain Bloodraven's skin-changing abilities, and it could validate a nice little theory that Rhaenys Targaryen currently has a second life in Balerion the cat.

bloodraven has (had?) firstmen blood because his mom was a blackwood iirc

were specifically told they used magic horns, Dany has a bond with at least Drogon, but skin changing is a blood of the first men thing

I'm just lazy :P, so for me it's a pain to type out 'skinchanger' (skinchanging, etc) compared to typing 'warg' (and warging, etc). I'm fully aware of the difference, I just don't think it's important enough to warrant typing 7 extra letters.

I'm just lazy :P, so for me it's a pain to type out 'skinchanger' (skinchanging, etc) compared to typing 'warg' (and warging, etc). I'm fully aware of the difference, I just don't think it's important enough to warrant typing 7 extra letters.

That's a good point...is there an acceptable reduced form? SK? 'Changing?

Archived